Ch : 4

Sweet Escape Pt. 2

"I'm sorry." Yeri finally can say it. She’s supposed to say it since long time ago.

"I was so scared."

The thing with her being scared has nothing to do with being afraid of Jungkook, in fact  she just scared by herself. She already saw how far she can go if Jungkook is around, not only she offers him a secret trip, but other things too, she kiss him, hug him, care for him, worry about him.
Jungkook is someone she barely knows. It's totally makes sense to have him close as a friend, but the thing is, what they’re having right now already passed a friendship tag. Yes, he is nice and kind to her, but there were times when she find him  annoying, she fight and argue a lot with him, she's also feels hurt by some of his words, she’s not sure if Jungkook is a right person to actually takes a part on her life.

"At first I also couldn't understand the reason you ran away." Jungkook is letting go of Yeri from his hug, and staring at her, who's still holding his arms.

"All you did was kissed me once." He bring that talk like it's not a big deal, and Yeri is disagree with that attitude.

"It was my first kiss." She talks to him with a small and thin voice, bc the talk about this is still awkward and embarassing for her.

"I know. You gain yourself a bragging rights, congratulation." Yeri rolling her eyes to him, And he just ignores her and back to giving her a hug.

"I heard you cried because of me. It was never my intention, sorry."

Seems like V and Jimin already to him about that. Yeri doesn't know how far Jungkook told a story about her to s, and she doesn't plan to ask about it either. It'll be burdensome for her to knows that.

"I’m sorry you're dissapointed because of what i did to you. It was never my intention too."

"I never ask you to take responsibility about what happened in Bali because you kissed me and left, it's never a problem. We had so much more fun than that.”
Yeri can't help but laugh and push him away while letting him go from her embrace.

"Yeah, right."

"No it's serious, that's why i said that i'm dissapointed."

Jungkook is now taking a sit on one of the bench near the opened gate. Yeri take an empty spot beside him and now they're sitting side by side. At 2 am in the morning, Yeri has a schedule at 8 am in her agency, doing some recording and practice.
Meanwhile Jungkook is having 6 am schedule for music show. Who says that this thing gonna be easy.

" You need to let people learn about you, you're easy to talk with, i'm asking you to be my friend, to listen to all my concerns even when we're back, when you is you again and me is me again.. After saying all those words..you left."

Jungkook end his talk while looking down, he's not looking at Yeri as he speak. And that's honestly makes Yeri feels bad. He looks like a little kid who's explaining to his parents the reason of him sulking.

For people like Yeri who's basically a social butterfly, having friends here and there, those words probably something that she used to hear all the time.
Meanwhile for Jungkook who consistently hear things like, you're hard to approach, you should play with your friends more, stop staying at home, words that Yeri said to him back then is something that he treasures the most.

"I didn't know ." Yeri feels like the worst person in a whole world right now. She never thought that simple words from her means a lot to him.

"I didn't know the reason you ran away too, but now i do after you tell me. and i understand. So I told you that for you to understand why i was disappointed on you"

Yeri give him a smile, and she can not help but ridicule herself for what she said to him few weeks ago.

"I basically told you that i want you, and you understand that? i don't even understand why i said that.

"That wasn't my first time hearing that so.." He's confidence and he has all the rights to do so.

"So..Jeon Jungkook ssi, what do you think about me now?"

Yeri asking that question with the same way she did back in Bali. This is the reason why she called him, she wants to know.
Jungkook takes his time to answer, he give Yeri a stare straight into her eyes for few seconds before taking something out from his bag.

"Give me your hands." He said that while opening a pen with his right hand.

"what are you doing?" Yeri is confused when Jungkook use her palm as his paper to draw something.

"I never have a complicated brain."

Yeri watching him drawing a cloud on his palm, and he made a few section on it. He's really good at drawing. Despite with minimum lighting and limited resources, his drawing come out really good.

"This huge part of my brain is my family, and the next big one is my members hyungs, then here is my fans, my friends and people around me, here's music, the one in
the corner is my hobbies and things i like, game, food, sleep, and the tiny one here is you."

Yeri thought that this is the most childish, cute, but also smart thing that someone ever did to her when they asked regarding their opinion about her. He's so cute explaining it.

Yeri staring at his drawing, the biggest section is his family, BTS and fans, and then followed by music and things he likes, he only give so little space for her name on that.

"I'm so tiny, you basically said i'm nothing to you."

"But you have your own section." He finished his drawing and stare at Yeri's palms admiring his own work.

"You're not include on friends category, you're also not the things that i like, but i do thought about you, and when i did, it'll be only you."

Someone really need to give this guy an award. He's really good at this.
Yeri really need to remind herself for dozen times that she only knows Jungkook for a week, that she doesn't know him that well yet.
Yeri pull her palms from his hands slowly, Jungkook looks surprised but he lets it go.

"I can not offer anything to you." That's what Yeri said while shaking her head very slowly.

Jungkook can hear uncertainty from her voice when Yeri said that. And honestly, he’s also understand what she means, what happened to them after Bali and all those affections they give to each other is confusing. He never meant to ask her anything either, even though he admits that being together with Yeri, talk to her, interacting with her, watch movies and play games together is something that he really want to do right now, Yeri already told him that she's scared so he understand.

"I have nothing for you either." He thought that he's helping Yeri to lifting up some burden when he said that. But then Yeri looks unhappy with what he said.

"You'll probably listen the most selfish request from me, so i'm sorry in advance for that." Yeri is seriously one of a kind, her choice of words, her expression it's amusing when she talks.

"I can't give you anything yet. But i want to keep seeing you, i want to know you better, i want to spend times with you just like Bali, I want you to care for me.”

Jungkook is now leaning his back to the bench and staring at the sky, while take a few glance to Yeri who is now waiting for him to speak.

"That was not selfish, that was demanded."

" I don't know anything about you except your age and things that people write about you on internet.  I don't want to see you that way"

Jungkook is now focusing his eyes to Yeri. She sounds really serious and mature with this talk, so different with whiny and annoying Yeri back when she bothers him about her vacation and her trip.

Yeri thought that Jungkook will disagree and annoyed by her talk, but when she finished her talk turns out that he's happy with it. He's now laughing while squeeze both of her cheeks lightly. It does feels like her serious talk is a joke for him and Yeri doesn’t like it.

"I'm serious." Yeri stopped Jungkook from his doing and now give him a serious look, to let him know that this is not a joke for her. He changes his squeeze on her cheeks into a soft caress after he heard that.  He is now getting up from his sit and wearing his bag again.

"Are you going somewhere?"

Yeri  find Jungkook take a quick glance to his watch, he wears it next to the bracelet she gave him on his left hands.

"I have schedule at 6AM tomorrow.." Yeri is now surprised with his talk because right now is almost 2 at dawn, and he basically has 4 hours left to sleep and get ready.

"Why didn't you tell me, we can talk later."

"I said that i'm busy but you're persistence, and come on, i'm in the middle of promoting, it's obvious my schedule start early." Yeri feels a little bit wronged because she didn't think that far when she ask him to meet. She has no excuse, so she just standing there feeling guilty.

"I came because i want to see you, it's not your fault that i'm here."

"And..about the thing you said.." Jungkook is now put his hand on top of Yeri's head, she is still wearing her snapback so she can not actually feels his touch.

"You can do whatever you want." He's continue with his talk and now Yeri is thrilled.

"Really?"

"I'm asking you for another journey right now, probably longer than Bali without any way to go back"
She makes Jungkook shaking hand with her, without his consent. It's a total de ja vu for Jungkok, she did it exactly the same way with, when she said yes to his weekend get away few months ago.

"I'll just let you know one thing. I won't easily give up on you."  Jungkook tell her while letting go her hands.

Yeri can not understand what he means, but she already ecstatic with how this thing turns out. At least, she won't be suffering from the thought of losing him, at least for now.

 

***


Yeri is back to her dorm, only to find all of her unnies is waiting for her on the living room.

"We saw everything." Irene and her nagging tone is realy something that Yeri dislike the most from her. She can't believe this. She give Seulgi a gaze, demanded an explanation, because she clearly said that she won't tell anyone about her going outside.

"You should have told him to sneaking out better." Seulgi talks in sarcasm because she feels unfair that Yeri accusing her for not keeping her secret.

"Jimin oppa, called me in the middle of night asking if Kim Yerim is also not on her place because Jungkook is still not coming home at dawn." It's Joy again with her connection with BTS members, and all of her unnies is definitely not happy hearing her words.

"Yerim-a..we won't bother you and meedling on your businees with anyone, but at least give us some clue before something like this happened."

"You're lucky that it's Jimin who's realized Jungkoook is gone and not his managers, you're also lucky that it's not anyone else who saw you with him but us." Now Seulgi and Irene taking turn to talk to her followed by a nod from the others.

"We respect you if you want to keep secret about him. But why are you letting us know about it from others instead of talking to us on your own?”

"Let's talk again about this tomorrow." Wendy who's just recently recovering from her fever thought that, it's no use to talk about this at dawn when everyone is tired.

Yeri hersef knows that she's doing nothing good, but then if she want to talk about Jungkook to them, she needs a long time, becasue she's still trying to understand the situation too.

"I'm really sorry." Seeing none of them talking anymore, Yeri give them a quick bow before she's get into her room.

Yeri throw herself into the bed, staring at the ceilling while sorting her thought.

First of all, right now she has something going on with Jungkook, nothing is clear about that but they decide to keep seeing each other. Second of all, her unnies are mad because she's been meeting him behind their back. And lastly, it turns out that Jungkook's hyungs are also know about her.
She close her eyes and letting out a heavy sigh.  
This is not Bali anymore, it's not only about Jungkook and her alone right now.

Yeri is checking her phone, she open her chat message with Jungkook, except his message he sent her tonight, the rest of their conversation happened few months ago.
There’s a message 2 days after Bali from him.

"Pick up your phone." That's what he wrote.

And before that, there are also conversation between them when they're still in Bali. It's mostly Yeri who send him a message.

"
Turn off your speaker." She send it twice or thrice, when Jungkook is being loud about his music in the middle of night, she was sleeping on the couch and has no will to talk to him at late night so she send him messages instead.

"Bring me a warm tea when you're back." That one time when Yeri was injured, she ask Jungkook to bring her something from his dinner and he did. He never replied her messages, but he read it and he did what he asked for.

Jimin oppa know you were with me,
i was scolded by my unnies, you'll probably scolded too,
let me know if you home.

She finally sent him a message again after few months.

***

Too late. That's what Jungkook thought when he finally read Yeri's message after he reach home.

"We won't tell the other hyungs about this, but Jungkookie, you're really wrong this time." It's only Jimin and V for tonight too, seems like they still don't talk abt Yeri to the other members.

"Our schedule start at 6 tomorrow, and you just get here at 3?"

"Your body has its limit. you need to arranging your priorities well."

Jimin and V are basically told him that meeting with Yeri at time like this in the middle of promotion periode shouldn’t have becoming his priority.

"You need to take some sleep for now. we'll talk later."

That's what V said before he and Jimin left him alone. It's only a 3 minutes lecture but why does he feels so bitter about it.

***

It's 5 am when Yeri finally wakes up from her short nap, she checks her phone right away and find a message from Jungkook.

"I'm home. I was scold too."

And yeah it's obvious. Despite being comfortable with her unnies and close with them, Yeri knows that she's still the youngest and her unnies still have a sense of responsibility for her well being, no different with Jungkook, who probably receives more privillege and disadvantages of being the youngest from his group, since they've been together for so long, and Jungkook is having a stronger typical younger sibling side than her. Everyone wants to protect him, controlling him, and spoiling him.

Yeri decide to not reply his message because she thought that he's probably in the middle of preparing for his schedule.

***

Jungkook ended up not sleeping at all. He knows his capabilty as a heavy sleeper, he'll just ended up making his managers suffer while trying to wake him up if he choose to sleep.

"You worked really hard today."

 And that's the first word Jimin said to him when they finally finished their performance.

"What do you mean? Jungkookie always work hard." one of their stylist joining their conversation and Jungkook give her a smile.

Because  he works harder than usual indeed. Jimin is right, he want to show to his hyungs that meeting with Yeri last night has nothing to do with him being tired or sleepy, even though right now he's already lost his concentration and really needs sleep.

"We're not blaming her. We're just worried for you and your health."

That’s what Jimin said when he get no response from Jungkook at all. All of his hyungs really know what's on his mind exactly, he can never hide anything from his them. They will know if he's angry, sad, happy, they will know if he's lying to them too.

Fortunate to Jungkook, today is their last schedule for this week, tomorrow is monday, and it's a day off. His plan was to sleep early tonight before Taehyung came to his room and talk about Yeri.

"I didn't know you want to keep the game and the punishment thingy a secret." He told Jungkook that months ago he already told Joy about Yeri as a punishment for their stupid game.
He also told Jungkook about him and Jimin who called Yeri and asked her forgiveness for what they did.

"Didn't she talk about it?" Taehyung doesn't know what business Jungkook has with Yeri.
But for few things he already knows, it is obvious that they're not friends or just a simply colleague. So it does takes him by surprise to find out that Yeri doesn't even talk about those things with Jungkook.

"I already said sorry, and she seems chill about it. Don't worry."

Jungkook thinks that maybe Yeri is lying to him about being scared, and the real reason she ignores him after Bali is because she learn about him who use her as a punishment.

Is there any possibility that Yeri lying to him? yes obviously.
Does she being kind to him right now is a revenge for him and then she'll treat him as nothing more than a bet? it's possible.

Jungkook knows that Yeri is not a bad person and she won't probably do it. But little part of him can not trust Yeri 100%. He has his own doubts.

"Hyung, cover up for me. i need to go somewhere."

"What do you mean cover up for you? all the other hyungs will notice if you're gone."
It's cute for him to see Jungkook becoming flusttered and act stupid because of a girl, but he still thinks that he's being too extra about it right now.

"Please."

"You need to be here before midnight, Jimin will check you out at dawn, and if you're behaved like last night. I'm sure, he'll get mad again.”

Jungkook  aware that their concern and worrisome is totally makes sense. Because, just like right now, he still hasn't sleep since yesterday, he just finished his schedule and now he wants to go out again.

"I always imagine that you'll turn like this once you find someone you like, but it's still surprising to see my predictions came true."

V knows exactly how Jungkook personality is. He's determined, brave, and little bit crazy, especially regarding people he cares.

There's one time when they jokingly asked Jungkook opinion about what if one of his hyungs liking a same person with him. And he said that he won't give up on that person. He'll try his hardest, even if that means he needs to makes his hyungs back away from the competion.
It was 4 years ago, he's still so young back then. Jungkook always told him about how he already changed to become a more matured person as time passed by.
But V thought that people don't easily change.