Ch : 2

Sweet Escape Pt. 2

"What happened?" Yeri's managers, running to her when they find Yeri is crying while waiting for the elevator at the lobby.

The elevator opened and she get on that while looking down. There are 2 more peole inside it, but she doesn't bother to look up.
She's angry to herself, to Jungkook, to this situation. This is just bad.
Yeri is not even sure about the reason she's crying. Is it because of Jungkook insults her with his word? or is it because he told her about him being dissapointed?

Yes, she wasn't the one who makes a long list of promise to fullfilled when they're in Bali. It was Jungkook who did that. She only promised him one thing. A better version of herself.

Yeri’s serious about that promise. She was behaving bad to him on their trip, she knows that she can do so much better to act as a friend for him instead of being childishly demanded and easily annoyed. Yeri  was serious, until the kiss happened. She knows that kind of  kiss is probably not a big deal for some people, but it became matter when she realized that she has some sort of ambiguous feeling for someone she knew for a week.
Everything is a first time for her, it's totally makes sense if she has no others way out beside avoiding it and running away.

***

 

Yeri is already stopped crying when she heard a knock on her door. She's wiping her tears quickly, and wipe her lips with a tissue. Because if people take a close look, with the way her lipstick is smeared, it's obvious that someone just kissed her, passionately.

"What happened?" All of her members now here, they’re pushing Yeri back to her room, when she opened her door for them.
They looks genuinely concerned, and she's really thankful for that. Jungkook is not the only one who loved by his hyungs, she is also loved by her sisters like this.

"Nothing." She shake her head quickly while giving them a smile. There will be one time when she will talk about Jungkook to them, but it is not tonight.
"They said you were crying."
"I just called my mom, and because it’s been a long time since the last time i saw her. I cried."
"Really?"
Yeri nodding her head quickly, she's aware that they don't believe her 100%, but they're considerate enough to not pester her to speak more.
"Take some sleep, we're back tomorrow, maybe they could make times for you to see your mom." Seulgi pat her back quickly and is the one who first left the room, followed by her other members.
"From where did you know that i was crying?" Yeri already guessed her manager is the one who told them that.
"My friend told me."
If it wasn't Joy who answer that, Yeri will feel calmer. But since she's the one who talk, it makes her nervous somehow.

***

 


Jungkook back to his room, and decide to end his night faster. His encounter with Yeri is very far from his expectation. The two time kisses is also unexpected, but the way they behave to each other is the one that surprises him the most. It's dissapointing for him to see Yeri and himself becoming so different since the last time they met.
"Shouldn't have expecting something till the end."

He was ready to actually stop minding those thoughts and go to sleep, when he heard noises from the outside.
"Are you serious about asking him?"
"Didn't you see how she was crying?"
It was Taehyung and Jimin.

 Looking back at times, these two peoples is the reason for what is going on his life right now, and the reason of his encounter with Yeri.
"It could be not related at all.."
Jungkook opens the door, because they couldn't stopped talking and it's noisy. They looks surprised with his sudden appearance, but seconds later, Taehyung start to grabbing his shirt slowly. Jungkook is flinched by his action because it's surprising. But Taehyung doesn't seems  care about it at all.
"Told you so." Taehyung talks while smiling to Jimin who is now focusing his eyes to Jungkook's shirt on V's hands.
As Jimin see it, it's obviously a stans of someone’s lipstick. It's a random pattern and not really noticable, but it’s actually not that hard to read the situation after he saw someone else crying, with that exact color of lipstick smeared around her face few minutes ago.

Jungkook following Jimin’s gaze to his shirt, and he's immediately pulling himself from them. He doesn't know the stain was there. He's probably wiping his hands with a stain from Yeri’s lipstick to his shirt without he realized, but it's there now.
"She was crying." Jimin told him that without looking at him, he's still looking at his shirt.
And it's pretty obvious for Jungkook, that his hyung doesn't like what he found.
"She was crying indeed. We just think you should know."  They left him after saying that.

For Jungkook and his team, stuffs like relationship, girls, is always an off-limit thing. They try to not intervene each other about that part of their life. Even though they agree to let each other know about an official relationship, so they could prepare if the public getting hold of that news. But they almost never talk about it.
And for tonight's incident, is so easy for Jungkook to realized that V and Jimin was not happy with the fact that he made someone else crying, Yeri on top of that, basically their punishment for that stupid game they created. Anyone will feel bad watching that, V and Jimin don't know a thing about Bali, so he understand if they mad.
 




Yeri opening her eyes after an exhausting night, Joy and Wendy is already on her room. She remembers that they asked to sleep here at dawn, so she's opening her door for them.
And now not only them is here, but a bunch of stuffs, one bouquet of roses, and luxurious breakfast is also here.

"What is this?" Yeri is staring at them still with her sleepy face, wondering what's going on.
She's still half asleep, when Joy put her phone right into her ear.

"Hello. This is BTS's V and Jimin." That's what she heard, the first time someone on the other line talk.

Yeri can not believe this, after Jungkook, after Bali, and after yesterday..what's with this situation.  
"We want to apologize about what happened months ago, we’re the one who give suggestion for playing that stupid game."
It's still fresh on Yeri's memories when she first find out about this from Joy. She used as a punishment for some stupid game played by immature grown up man. If she wasn’t gained a precious and healing trip with Jungkook, she’ll probably angry about it, but the fact is, she’s thankful that they actually played that game.

"Hello?" It was V's voice again reaching to her, when she give no response to them at all.
"ah..yes." Yeri talk to them in a very small voice. After what happened she's not confident for interacting with them.
"We were not targetting you specifically. It's just you were there by fate."
"Fate?"
Yeri can't help but let out a smile appear on her face. After all things happened, it does feel easy to blame it to fate.
"We want to see you to apologize, but Sooyoung said it's impossible now. Let's meet up later, we're really sorry."
"It's ok. Please don't feel too bad about it. It's ok."
Yeri finally can talk in her normal behaviour, they're so friendly to her, and it feels nice.
"Please forgive all my members too, not only us, but the others too."
That sentence sounds uncomfortable and weird for her ear, and Yeri knows it has something to do with Jungkook


"This breakfast is from them also.."Joy and Wendy opened all the food on the table and showing it off to Yeri.
"They saw you crying yesterday at the elevator, maybe they feel bad."


***

 

Jungkook seriously can't lift her face to V and Jimin after what happened yesterday, he knows that they won't ask him about it.  It's always like that, they never force him to talk about something he wants to hide. But still, he feels bad about it.

He also couldn't sleep yesterday. Yeri was crying because of him, and obviously it bothers him. He was cruel and rude last night, also being overboard with his words and his actions, but then Yeri is no different with him. She's basically left him in the middle of their vacation, being MIA for months, and suddenly come to him act like nothing happened between them.
Yeri offered him a friendship, she offered him an honest friendship when he could act without a mask and she's willing to accept his imperfect self, but her act is so far from what she promised, and that's honestly so dissapointing for him.
Jungkook feels sorry that Yeri is crying because of him, but for now he's still angry too, and little part of him thought that she deserve it.

Jungkook, s, his managers, and all his staffs is in the middle of boarding their plane for a flight back home, when someone start to talk him.
"You're getting rid of that bracelet becuase of what i said yesterday?" One dancer hyung from yesterday who was talked to him about Yeri's gift looks a little bit wronged when saying that.
"I got rid of that, not because of what hyung said. It's ok." Jungkook give him a smile, and yeah..he admits that throwing the bracelet is a childish behaviour. No matter how angry he is to Yeri. It is still a gift. The bracelet is probably somewhere on that tennis field, he thought. Better to forget about it now.

It’s supposed to be easy, but not when the gift giver is here.

Yeri is  taking the same flight with him, together with all her staffs, manager, and everyone else. Months ago, things like this won't matter, he never care about which group or which idols is taking the same flight with him, but now..it feels different.

***

 


Yeri got the window seat. She always like the window seat for a long flight, especially at times like this when her mind is in a complete mess.
"Ah..why am i the only one getting separated?" It's just a little bit of bummer when her unnies's seat is a few row in front of her.
"Enjoy your flight." They left her while laughing and it makes her pouting her lips, because not even her manager is sitting close with her. She’s basically alone.
Yeri bowing her head to a few people around her seat, because honestly, this flight is so full with other artists, their staffs, and their manager.
Thankfully the seat beside her is still empty, so she doesn't need to bother others to get into hers.

She wears her eye mask, her earphone, and her slipper, she's so ready to continuing her sleep.
If  the hotel bed can not makes her comfortable, maybe the flight seat is better... or not.

Yeri find Jungkook staring at her, it’s not hard to notice that the seat beside her is his. He looks dumbfounded and surprised too. Yeri give him a forced smile but he completely ignores it.
He's not doing anything, and he's not taking his sit either.
Judging from his tired face, red eyes and all, Yeri is almost sure that his sleep is not good too last night.

Jungkook turn his face, and now start talking with a man, maybe on his 30s who's sitting across Yeri’s seat, and seconds later that man get up and take Jungkook’s seat beside her.

Jeon Jungkook asked him to switch seat, and it's honestly enough to make Yeri annoyed too, like why would he do that? he's the one who kissed her like maniac last night and if things get awkward, it's not completely her fault.
Yeri give him a glance, to let him know that she's annoyed, but when she catch a glimpse of his face, Yeri knows that Jungkook is already beyond annoyed by her, he's completely mad.

"He want to work on something, so if you want to sleep, he will bothers you." Seeing the man beside her, Yeri can easily recognized him as one of BTS's manager.
He probably doesn't want to makes her feel bad because Jungkook refuse to sit with her by saying that. It's a good excuse coming from Jungkook, but Yeri knows his real reason.
"That's ok." Yeri give his manager a smile, and trying really hard to get some sleep, a break from Jungkook and this ridiculous fate.


 




 

Another week has passed by since Yeri's last encounter with Jungkook. From what she read about him on the internet, his official comeback already has date, and he's busy preparing. After that talk about him being dissapointed with her, Yeri can not help but to always try seeking information about him, she just want to see him, explaining her self, and ask for a forgiveness about what happened, but she has no courage for that.

Yeri feels like she's losing someone when her situation with Jungkook turn into a hot mess like this.
She misses the way he talks about his overwatch characters, his songs,  the way he talk to her about her problems, his advices, his smiles, his hugs, all those kisses.
"I must be crazy." She talks to herself while holding her phone, contemplating to makes first contact with Jungkook again, when she saw a message popped up.

 

Are you free tonight?

It was from one of her school friends, all of them just graduated earlier this year, and they also just turned 20, these friend is always the one who ask her for a get together, they love to play, and Yeri loves it too. But since few months ago, she keeps ignoring them because of her problems, and now Yeri think that maybe it's time to see them again.

 

***

 

"You're late." Yeri is waiting for her friends to pick her up in front of bus stop near her dorm. She wears a black leather jacket, a snapback to basically hide her hair and her face and a small sling bag to carry her belongings.

"I was dropping off my sister at her academy first."
Yeri get into her car and this is actually feels like it's been a long time for her to do this. Hanging out without too many thoughts together with her friends. People who hates her, always accusing her for playing too much and not doing her job as a professional idol, but Yeri knows that what happened on her life is so much more than that. Because if she keep playing all the times, why would this kind of simple activity is turn into a luxury for her.

"Since i need to drive you back home later, let's go get some bbq insteady going to a club or something." Her friend start talking to Yeri when she finally taking off her snapback, and let her long hair loose.
"Ok, call."

Here in Seoul, you can easily found a secretive and private restaurant, especially for an idol like Yeri. It's totally necessary to have a list of this kind of restaurant, so you can eat with your colleagues and friends without being worried that people will recognized you.
The restaurant she and her friend picked is having a few of private dining table, with rolling door surrounding it, so it's basically only you and your food in there.

"Let's order 4 portion." Yeri is in charge on picking the menu.
"Alright." Her friend is agreeing and now following the waitress to their dining room, leaving Yeri alone.
"4 bbq set, please." Yeri is standing in front of the counter, while picking up a few cans of soft drink when someone is surprising her with a sudden a pat on her shoulder, it feels like this person was hitting her on purpose.
She turn her face immediately and the other person is now laughing at her.
"Why are you doing here at times like this?"

It was Jaehyun, her friends and also her fellow idols, and her agency mate. They just saw each other yesterday, when she had practice routine at the company, and now she's seeing him again here.
"Is that even a question? I'm going here to eat." She laughs at him too, while offering him a can of soft drink she's holding.
"No thanks, i'm having a get together with my friends. what a coincidence, we just talked about you earlier.." Yeri give him a confused look, Why would he and his friends talking about her.
"What's with me?"
"Ah! Jihyo is also here." He's not answering her question but changing their topic and Yeri is kinda distracting too with the mention of Jihyo.
She's close with her, and it's been a long time since they met.
"Really? can i stopped by to say hello?"
"Of course, let's go."
Oh, what an exciting coincidence.

Yeri is walking behind him, while sometimes talk about light topic like, schedules, foods or people they know.
Jaehyun and his friends are using a private dining room for 15 people on the other side of the restaurant, quite far away from where Yeri and her friend will have their dinner. It takes quite a time to walk there, but she's happy anyway.

"I'll just wait outside, and you can tell Jihyo unnie to came out, it's kinda awkward to suddenly showed up like this." Yeri told Jaehyun about that, because she's afraid they'll be uncomfortable by her existence.
"That's ok, they all know you."
Yeri is still disgesting his word, when Jaehyun choose to open the door for her.
All eyes is on Yeri right now, it's quite crowded here, it looks like ten pair of eyes are focusing on her. She's so dumbfounded, but in the end she just did nothing and only bowing her head to them without scanning who is who.
"Kim Yerim! Oh my god, where have you been?" Yeri knows that voice, she's familiar with that, it's Jihyo.
Thanks to her now she can feel more ease because she's coming to her, welcoming her and give her a light hug.
All these people, Yeri knows them. The girls are people who was having a special stage together with her few years ago, meanwhile the boys..

 

***

 

From the first time Jungkook realized that he needs to deal with Yeri a few months ago, he already aware about their similiar circle of friends.
That's probably one of the reason for him to gain courages for approaching her despite being shy and awkward with stranger . He should have know that times like right now will happens eventually. No matter how hard he try to avoiding her or moving on from all control she has on him.
"I've been busy."
Jungkook's eyes meet with Yeri's when Jihyo letting go of her hug. He give her a stare, a longing stare, only to makes her remembers how irresponsible her act for the past few months. He did it to makes her feel guilty, that's what he thought. But when Jungkook saw her smile, all the memories about Bali started to fullfilled his mind.
The bright, cheerful, and annoying Yeri who told him to be more open to people, who told him to not afraid for showing people his real self, the one who told him that he’s a nice friend.
That Yeri, he miss her.
 Jungkook started to feel stuffy over all of those thoughts, so he decide to turn his face from Yeri and back to finish his dinner.
"Let's stay here, we still have room."
Yeri is now panicking because of that offers, how could she, with all these people and Jungkook, eating dinner together like nothing was happened between them like she hasn't been losing her mind because of him, her guilty feeling and all those ambiguous affection she has for him.

"No..i.." Yeri can not continuing her words when she find Jungkook is getting up from his sit and now walking to her way after whispering something to his friend beside him. She's waiting for him to do something, but when he finally stand in front of her, the only thing he do is passing by her, treating her inivisible.
"I have a friend waiting for me, unnie, see you later, everyone enjoy your food."
Yeri doesn't know what is on her mind when she said that, the only thing she knows that she can not do this anymore. Acting like Jungkook is doing nothing to her life.  He means something for her, she's not sure but at least she needs to figure it out.


Yeri feels super exhausted because she's been running to catching up with Jungkook whose walk is really fast. And when she finally found him, He seems not aware about her existence, because he's just busy talking with one of the employee, ordering a bunch of stuffs with his big eyes focusing to a huge menu board.
"Alright, thank you." He's finally done and Yeri won't wasting any chance for this.
"Do they know that you're following me?"
Yeri is literally surprise with this when he’s the one who speaks to her first. It's shocking.
He knows that she's here and he knows that she's been following him. It's been a long time since the last time they talking casually without any kisses involved, and it's honestly nervewrecking for Yeri. He's really ruining her life.

"Can i talk to you?"
As for now, Yeri's not sure what kind of words would she bring to him, but she really needs to talk to him, to spare herself from suffering.
"I have no time."
"I just want to say sorry."
"You're forgiven."
Yeri can not help but feels like this is not enough, so she decide to grab him by his hand and drag him to a garden at the side of the restaurant. There are two empty tables, glad noone is here.
"Don't you think you need to hear my explanation before being angry and judging me like this?" That's not her best choice, but she already frustrated too, to the point that she's tired.
"I'm not angry, I'm not judging." Jungkook take a sit in one of the table after grab a can of soft drink from Yeri's hand.
"Yes, you are." Yeri is now following him and take a sit beside him while opening one can of drink for herself.
"Then explain yourself."

There were so many wrongdoing she did to Jungkook, it's begin with how she left him in Bali without any words. And how she ignores him after that, and how she provokes him last week with those cruel and rude words. But nothing seems easy to actually talked about, because she also isn't sure about the reason she did all of that things.

"You seems busy, let's talk later." Jungkook tell Yeri that, when he saw that she's busy with her phone.
"It's my friend, she's here with me." Seems like she's been away for too long because now her friend start getting annoyed and ask Yeri if she left her to go home.
"Let's just forget what happened, i'm thankful with what you did for me on that trip." Jungkook  finished his drink and now he already getting up from his sit, ready to leave.
"Just give me some times, i'm confidence we can go back to our relationship as co workers just fine." For Yeri that words is even worst than his rude words he gave to her last week.
"You don't really want to hear me out, do you?"
Jungkook doesn't answer nor say anything Yeri knows that she’s waiting for her to continuing her words. She takes a deep breath, she doesn't know what to say, she hopes that she can find it along the way.
"That trip..i really gathered tons of courage to do that.." She choose to talk while looking down and not give Jungkook any attentions, becasue just his stare is enough to makes her lost concentration, and she will ended up unable to speak again, unable to explain herself again.
"I just turned 20 years old, there are so many things i don't understand.."
"If you try to blame your immature self for what you did, i better to not hear it."
Jungkook is already accepting that part of her, on their trip, he doesn't really bothered by that part of Yeri, he thankfuls to her instead, because he can learn how to became a much more matured individual through that. Protecting her, helping her problems, understanding others.


Yeri is taken aback, when Jungkook now start walking away from her, he's stubborn, she should have expecting it.
"I was the one who told you that i don't know anything about cliché thing like love, i told you that i never kiss anyone before, but then the next day i kissed you like a mad woman. I was the one who told you that the only thing i want is a trip not you, but then i wake up one morning and thought that i probably want you, all those things happened in less than a week.  I just know you for one freaking week"
Yeri is now talking with a loud voice, clear enough for Jungkook to hear it because now he stopped from his walk and she regrets it right away.
She should have thinking about what to say first, so she won't end up doing a stupid confession like this. But then, she thought that it’s better to tell him everything, so he can decide what to do by himself.

Yeri walk closer to him, and now standing in front of him, she takes something from her pocket. Jungkook recognized it right away, the bracelet he thought was gone.
"I was scared. That's what happened." Yeri put the bracelet on top of the table before she left him.
That wasn't perfect, but Yeri thinks that she did good to finally explain herself to him.

 




Thanks for reading, enjoy :)