CHAPTER 6

Mistakenly Meant for You

S U N H E E ' S  P O V

“A good ice cream and a good friend! What a lovely evening indeed.” I chimed. Gosh this ice cream parlor is too damn expensive, so they should make out of this world ice creams and yes, they didn’t disappoint me. Good job for that! Well I’m not paying so who cares. I noticed that Mingyu isn’t delighted on what he is eating, maybe he is a regular here or it bugs him the reason that he will pay our orders. But he doesn’t care from what I know because he’s rich as .

 

His eyes are plainly focused on me or in my direction rather. Why though?

 

“Yah! Why the long face? Did your girlfriend dump you already?” It is a rare sight to see a lifeless and not hungry Mingyu.

 

He paused for a bit and gave me a look of disbelief. I shrugged, and he sighed as a reply.

“This Joshua guy, are you replacing me to him now?”

 

-_-

 

Is he really dead serious? Okay, I didn’t see any signs of him fooling around so I put down my spoon as I look at him.

“Is that the reason why are you sad?” He slowly nodded. This puppy.

I chuckled as I move closer to him. I admit that my friend is freaking handsome. No wonder many girls are throwing themselves to him, but I do not understand, he doesn’t care and never dated anyone. I bet he’s gay. Totally.

 

I cupped his face using my two hands, I feel so small though compared to this giant.

“You know no one can replace you, right? Even though you’re annoying as , you’re the one that I can rely on.” I noticed that his eyes are glistening, his lips formed a cute curve. A puppy indeed.

 

“Promise?” He asked. I just nodded. He cupped my hands that are cupping his face. He closed his eyes and cheekily smiled.

“Let go, you giant.” I laughed but he quickly shook his head.

“No, I like it this way.” You liked it huh? I grabbed the opportunity to pinch both cheeks of his. He winced as he let go of my hands.

“How about that?” I giggled but he wore that ‘you’re-going-to-pay-for-that-look’ I’m dead.

“Sorry!” I stick out my tongue to even more, but he just laughed it anyway. 

 

“Ohhh! They look so cute together!” A girl with the same age as ours squealed.

“Yeah, I agree and the guy looks so damn hot by the way! Lucky girl!” Her friend added earning a smirk from Mingyu.

 

“Heard that?” Mingyu chuckled but I rolled my eyes at him.

“How can’t I? They are squealing!” I whispered at Mingyu as he ruffles my hair.

 

We continued digging in, not a single word was uttered again but it was not an awkward silence though, we just love the ice cream so much that we forgot to talk.

 

After finishing his ice cream, Mingyu admitted that he is not yet full.

 

“Really? But you’ve eaten 3 orders of Banana Split!” I looked at him, hoping that he is just messing around but no. He got up from his seat and went to the cashier to buy more. Wow. Just wow, Kim Mingyu, you and your big appetite.

After ordering, he came back to his seat, dancing. “What’s wrong with you?” He frowned.

“What’s wrong with you?! I love eating okay? And I’m quite feeling stressed out, so I’ll just eat.” He grinned. I rolled my eyes. “Eating too much sweets are bad for our health, you know!” I scolded him.

“Geez mom, relax! I ordered waffle and spaghetti. I’m confused though. They are an Ice Cream parlor and yet they are serving this.” He laughed.

 

The order came, and he started digging in. I just looked at him, to be honest I’m not yet full so in his every bite I swallowed, imagining I’m eating what he is eating. I don’t want to buy because I’m saving up. Poor me. I noticed that he stopped from munching and looked at me for a while.

 

“What?” I huffed. His lips form into a thin line.

“If you’re hungry just tell me. My treat, remember?” I bit my lip and averted my eyes from his. I heard Mingyu chuckled and hastily went to the counter to order again. I feel so warm and happy because of incoming food. He went back to his seat that facing across me.

“You know what’s weird?” He made a thinking gesture.

“You?” He looked at me with disbelief evident on his face.

“Me? Weird? Do you mean y and handsome?” Mingyu made a ‘rawr’ expression. I gaped at him then jokingly puke.

“Does it kill you to support your friend? Thank you very much, Yoo Sunhee.” He sulked but I just rolled my eyes. ‘’You know from the very start that I will support you but not your lies.”

“Yahhh! Now you are calling me a liar?” Tss. What a kid.

“Okay, alright!” I raised my hands in the air, an act of surrender. I will never win to Mingyu’s stubbornness anyway. He grinned. A puppy indeed.

“So, what is weird?” I asked.

“Hmm the fact that we ate desert first. So weird!” Mingyu stated then laughed on what he had just said. Well I agree that it is weird. But food is life, that’s our motto in life. My eyes shifted to the approaching waiter who is holding my happiness.

“The food is coming!” I chimed. After placing the food, I started digging. I heard Mingyu chuckled then eat the remaining pasta on his plate.

Again, we ate in silence. Only the munching of food can be heard from the both of us. Constantly, he would stare at me and started to giggle. Crazy tree.

 

After a couple of minutes, Mingyu already finished his food while I’m at my last three bites.

“I’ll drop you home after.” He said as he rubbed his belly. I shook my head, I can’t reply yet because I’m slurping the spaghetti. His brows met. “Why not?!”

 

I swallowed the spaghetti before speaking, “I will look for a part-time job!” I chimed. He raised a questioning brow as he waits for what will I say next.

 

“I need to save for New Zealand, I’m going to suprise my parents!” Mingyu’s lips formed into an ‘O’ shape then nodded.

“If you want, you’ll become my personal maid. I’ll double your pay!” My forehead creased as he starts giggling. Idiot.

“Nah… It’s too hard to take care of a toddler.” I shrugged but Mingyu just pouted. He’s a five-year old kid trapped in a giant man’s body.

“See!” I laughed at him while he sulks.

 

“Are you sure you’ll be fine alone? I can accompany you! I insist!” I smiled at him, but I shook my head.

“You have to be early for tomorrow. Practice, right?” Mingyu made a face, probably forgotten his priorities.

“Oh yeah! Thanks for reminding me, Hee!” He scratched his head as he fished out his phone at his pocket started typing something, reminder I bet.

“So, let’s go? I don’t want to go home really late though.” Mingyu nodded as we both stood up and headed towards the exit.

“Thanks for coming Sir and Miss!” The worker bowed, and we smiled at her and bowed at her too.

The chilly air hit our faces as soon as we stepped out of the ice cream parlor. I shivered, didn’t expect that it would be this cold tonight.

“Hit me up if you caught on trouble.” I elbowed his arm. “I’ll be fine! I’m the one who protects you from your bullies when we were kids, you know.” I chuckled, and I could see on my peripheral vision that he is sulking again.

“Go home now! Brush your teeth before going to bed.” I pushed him away from me but because he is a giant, my effort was wasted.

“Yahhh! I brush my teeth three times a day!” I laughed at him because he pouted like a kid.

“Go now! Shooo!” I made a ‘shoo’ gesture using both of my hands but Mingyu remained on his spot.

“What?” He just smiled at me.

“Good luck finding a job, Hee! I know you can do it! I believe in you!” I smiled at him and flinched on what he did next.

 

I’m captured by the greasy tree around his arms. I could hear him grinning. This guy really. I encircled my arms around his lower chest and pat his back using my right arm then slowly let go.

“Clingy much, Gyu!” I snickered.

“Okay, alright! I’m going now! Take care and see you tomorrow.” I nodded as I wave my right hand, goodbye. We’re going on opposite directions, so I had to wait until I can’t see his retreating back.

 

“Good luck finding a job, Yoo Sunhee!” I whispered to myself as I started brisk-walking. I don’t know why I’m treating Mingyu nicely tonight. Earlier this morning, it feels like I’m spitting fire at him. Maybe… maybe because of his treat tonight. Yeah! The food! Please treat more often so I will be good to you, Kim Mingyu. Kidding!