CHAPTER 5

Mistakenly Meant for You

S U N H E E ' S  P O V

 

 “WHAAAAT!?!?! HE DID WHAT?!!?” Sena, my friend, shrieked as I cupped my hand on to prevent her on making a scene. We are currently on a laundry shop. I hushed her because these old women are giving us a ‘shut-up’ look. I instantly rolled my eyes.

 

“Calm down, Sena. We are in a public place. Act like a decent human being the people wants us to see.” She lightly flicked my forehead. Ouch! That kinda hurts.

 

“I’m a human too but…but…but. What on earth did you do to that Siberian Ice Monster?” I shrugged nonchalantly as I put my dirty clothes on the washing machine, add some fabric detergent, and let it do its work. I can sense that she is waiting for a proper response. Seriously, I don’t know either. From strangers and now this? That escalated quickly. I think, just maybe, he’s just messing around because I asked for his answers on that stupid Geometry test, no, I’m the one who is stupid here. I shouldn’t have done that. I shouldn’t have done that. If I didn’t ask for his paper, I’m not acting like this, like a paranoid parrot. Why am I so stupid with Math? If I’m good at that freaking subject, there would be no communication between me and Wonwoo at all. I’m cursing under my breath when Sena snapped her fingers at me.

 

“Earth to Sunhee.” Annoyance is evident on her tone. Maybe I’m spacing out too long that I didn’t notice that she is already talking.

“Huh? What? Uhm. Maybe he’s just bored so he did that or just messing around.” I don’t know any other reasons so let’s deal with that. She gaped at me.  Well, I already know why.

 “Jeon Wonwoo is always bored but he would never tell some random person that they are cute and wink at them, wouldn’t he?” She shrieked. God, this girl is so extra.

 

“I don’t know, okay? Why don’t you ask him if you want answers that may help you for your sleep? “She has insomnia because of her anxiety and over-thinking. I grin at her that earns me a slap on my arm.

“I hate you, Yoo Sunhee.” She pouted. “I love you too.” I laughed, and she joined me.

 

“You know we have a new classmate in class.” I menacingly looked at her, but my best friend just gave a ‘so-what?’ look. “So??”

“I bet you’ll like him.” I laughed at her expression. She rolled her eyes at me.

“Just like you, I don’t have time for that! I’m done! Curse that slanted-eye prick! I will never forgive him.” Sena huffed and I just stared at her pissed expression. Sorry!

 

There’s a sudden pause. I watched how the washing machine just go turn then turn and turn. Just like my life right now. I didn’t expect that this thing will eventually happen. I exasperatedly sigh. I don’t know if it’s okay to laugh at my situation right now. Yes, many girls would love to see me dead, I know that already. But the fact that I’m so worried because of his actions, for once he is nothing to me but a classmate but now… He is the reason why I am feeling things that I shouldn’t feel. I hate this. I hate the fact that I can’t control what am I feeling. I hate this, and I’m scared.

 

“So, what are your thoughts on Wonwoo being somewhat ‘nice’ to you?” My train of thought was stopped to add another cargo.

               

“I was thinking about that too and to tell you honestly, I’m worried.” I finally admitted.

First of all, I don’t like attachments hence the reason why I have few friends: Sena, Mingyu, and Vernon well, and Joshua, I guess. And this whole thing, this Wonwoo thing, I don’t want any connection with him. Just classmates, nothing else, no strings attached. Period.

“Don’t’ tell me.” She made a surprised look. “You like him?” I immediately shake my head, disagreeing on what she is thinking. “The forces of evil don’t have time for romance. What kind of question is that?” I grinned at her and she flicked my arm. Ouch!

 

“Yah! That hurts! But you know I’m not that easy to this kind of things, Sena. You know me too well.” She looks at me seriously and it makes me feel weird. I know that she will say something out of this world or deep advice.

 

“What if he’s the one?” Eyes wide open, totally baffled. WHAT? THE ONE??!?! NOOOO FREEAKKIIING WAAYYY! And besides I could sense that he’s just messing around but why am I feeling that there’s a tiny bit of hope? What the hell?!?! NO! NO! NO! JEON WONWOO IS JUST PLAYING AROUND BECAUSE HE IS BORED NOTHING ELSE!

 

 

Suddenly my phone vibrated. I peeked from my phone and it is Kim Mingyu, a text from him.

 

Meet me at the ice cream parlor near our school. I’ll treat you~~~

 

 

“Sena-ah, Mingyu just texted me. He needs help. Please take care of my clothes, will you? I’ll treat you someday! Thank you~ I’ll get going now.” I took my shoulder bag with me and run away from the laundry shop. I didn’t wait for her to say something.

 

I owe you, Kim Mingyu.

 

 

 

Well if he’s really the one, I wish I’m not going to be hurt because of him. I want to be happy, that’s all. 

 



~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So our sebongies will have an asian tour? World tour? But they will perform in our country again (PH) and I'm excited because it's the first time that I will see them live and I'm so thrilled! I can't wait :)