Hazing Pt.2

Call Me Yours

It has been two days since I was publically humiliated and it didn’t stop with the skirt. The joys about living with Taekwoon is that it makes it so much easier to torment me. Giving me stale food, taking toilet paper out of the bathroom and so much more. I turn over looking at the clock. 6:45. Class starts soon. Rolling onto my back I stare up at the ceiling, wondering how bad class will be today, maybe everyone would’ve found something else to laugh about. 

[RECEIVED]

Ken: Hey, I’ll walk with you to class today just let me know when you’re leaving. 

Ken: Seriously you don’t want to go alone today. 

Or maybe not. A small muffled moan escapes my lips as I smash a pillow over my face. Maybe I could get a scholarship somewhere else? Or jump out my window, I am on the fourth floor. Both seemed like viable options to me. Somehow I built up the courage to move from my bed. I dress into my uniform, before leaving my room I stopped in front of the mirror. For a second, taking myself in. Trying to convince myself everything will be alright.

Ken and I meet up in the lobby of our building. His familiar face puts me In a better mood. I appreciate how much of a friend he’s turned out to be. Over the first week I was here him and Hyuk were constantly by my side. Checking up on me and making sure I’m ok. Their friendship has become so valuable to me it almost makes Taekwoons terrible hazing worth while.

“So I know you were going to kill Taekwoon but your legs looked pretty good in that skirt,” He teases looking down at his phone which I assume has the picture up. Almost reflexively I punch him in the arm, we both laugh.

When I entered the classroom, everyone becomes silent. Heads turn in my direction, taking me in. But then I realize that they are staring behind me. Slowly I turn to see pictures of me walking through school in the uniform are plastered everywhere. 

My heart drops into my stomach.Quickly I began to tear them all down, ripping them off the board and stuffing them into the trash as fast as I can. Looking up I see Ravi sitting at his desk with a dumb smile plastered to his face. I should've known he'd do something like this. 

Next I look for my devil of a roommate. I see Taekwoon who is quietly sitting in his seat, head down, he sure knows how to act innocent. Just then Mrs.Park enters the class, preventing me from doing anything. Shaking my head I make my way back to my seat. 

Sliding into the desk I quickly forget about the pictures. Bigger things were on my mind, like practice. If it was half as bad as the last one I don’t know if I could make it through today. Propping my head up with my head I sit quietly listening to the lesson. 

About twenty minutes into the lesson I feel someone staring at me, turning slightly I see Taekwoon’s eyes locked onto me. We hold eye contact for a moment until a small smile creeps onto his face. I feel my face twist in confusion, then he turns away.

 


 

When it comes time for practice I wait patiently outside the locker rooms, tucked behind a corner. I watch each teammate go in, keeping count in my head until the whole team has changed. Quietly I rush to my locker, fumbling with the combinations. Pulling the blue door open I begin to change, stripping off my t-shirt along with my pants. Just as I’m putting my uniform into my locker I feel two people approach behind me, turning around to face them a third person covers my face with a black cloth bag.

“What the ?!” I scream, it echos around the locker room.

I get no response from my attackers as they continue to tie my arms behind my back. Flailing my body back and forth one of the guys arms reaches over my chest, holding my body down. Trying to fight three against one wasn’t in my favor. They then begin to direct me. 

I hear the giant metal door open and carefully I take another step forward, feeling the cool grass under my bare feet. Great. My heart speeds up faster, pounding against my chest almost feeling like It wants to jump out. We continue further onto the field until they place me against something cold and metal. It’s the ing goal post. I think to myself. 

Looping another piece of rope around my arms and the goal they tie me up. Once they make a secure knot they yank the bag covering my face off. I squint my eyes at the harsh sunlight shining down. As they adjust to the outside, my teammates slowly come into focus. And of course Taekwoon stands, arms crossed and his signature smirk plastered on his face. 

“Hi Binnie,” he says in a menacing tone. 

I stay quiet, as he continues, “So, welcome to your last day of hazing!” 

Taekwoon begins to clap, turning around to the team he motions for everyone to clap with him. They slowly oblige. “This is the last part of it, so just hang in there!”

Him and Ravi begin laughing slowly the rest of the team joins in, looking around the group I see Hyuk and Ken standing next to each other. Ken and I lock eyes. He gives an apologetic smile and a thumbs up, reminding me that he had to go through the same thing. A chuckle escapes my lips thinking about him being the one tied up to this post. 

When I turn back to face Taekwoon he is throwing something at me, an egg. It hits my left shoulder, exploding onto me. Then everyone releases theirs. Multiple eggs land on me, covering me head to toe in yolk. I turn my head away, hoping it will be over soon. Hoping I can just finally play soccer and have a team that actually likes me. 

“What the is going on here?” An unfamiliar voice shouts. The egg throwing ceases as everyone's attention turns toward the boy walking our way. He is tall and attractive his features are sharp and chiseled. Is this our missing captain Hakyeon?

As he reaches the front of the group he sees everything that’s going on. Me, eggs, and the goal post. He then turns around facing our team, “Whose idea was this?”

Everyone's eyes turns to Taekwoon, almost simultaneously. Hakyeon’s face turns from stern to scary, as a devilish smile creeps onto it, “What a surprise,” He says sarcastically.

“Alright, everyone go start stretching, I’m tired of messing around,” Hakyeon barks at the boys. With a slight jump in their step they run to the opposite side of the field. However, just before Taekwoon escapes into the crowd, Hakyeon reaches out and grabs him by his jersey. Yanking on the cloth it causes my tormentor to stumble backwards. A worried look plays across his face as he meets the captains glare. 

“Did you honestly think I wouldn’t know or hear about your insane hazing?” 

Taekwoons expression changes, I’ve never seen him look intimidated, “I was just doing what I did to everyone.”

Hakyeon shakes his head, “We both know that’s a lie. I don’t know what your problem is with this kid but you need to lay off. We could’ve been suspended from the season, or kicked off the team!” the captain shakes his head, “Run twenty laps, when you’re done, bench.”

“You’re really benching me?!” Taekwoon growls. 

“You’re lucky that’s all I’m doing. Go.”

They both stay still for a moment, I could feel the tension from where I was standing. Taekwoon is for sure going to fight this guy, I think. But to my surprise Taekwoon steps down, letting a small scoff escape his lips he turns away running. Hakyeon then turns to me, walking over he quickly began untying the rope, “I want to apologize on not only the teams behalf but also on Taek’s” He says.

I shake my now free arms, trying to get as much egg residue off as I can, “It’s fine. It wasn’t that bad.”

A small smile forms on his face as his eyebrows raise, “You know Hyuk messaged me the whole time with what he was doing?”

I frown at his response, knowing that Hyuk doesn’t like Taekwoon he probably gave Hakyeon an earful. Bringing my hand up I wave off his concerned look, “It wasn’t anything I couldn’t handle.” 

Hakyeon’s lips turn upward into a smile, “I knew I  would like you.” 

After a nice warm shower and changing into my clothes I go to meet Hakyeon back on the field. Practice was finished and it was only him and Taekwoon sitting on the bench. They both were laughing and talking comfortably. Taekwoon’s face is soft and relaxed,  I’ve never seen him this comfortable before. There’s something about how he goes around looking at school, almost with a mask up.

Stepping to the side of the bench they both turn to me. Taekwoon’s once soft expression turns back to his cold unwavering one. Then Hakyeon begins to speak, “So this hazing has gotten out of hand, it’s done. No more,” He says more towards Taekwoon, “ But I know you two don’t exactly get along. Hongbin, you’re right midfield and Taekwoon is forward. You guys rely on each other.”

Taekwoon’s eyes begin to roll, but quickly Hakyeon punches him in the arm, “So here’s what you two are going to do. I’m going to buy the tickets,” I watch as Hakyeon begins to scribble something on a piece of paper. I raise my eyebrow in question. “You two are going to meet me here at noon on Saturday. If either of you don’t show up, you’re in for a serious punishment next practice.” 

“What is it?” Taekwoon asks, looking at the slip of paper.

“Consider it a…” Hakyeon trails off for a moment with a grin on his face “team building exercise”.  Oh no, I thought. What has Taekwoon gotten us into?

________________________________________

안녕하세요 친구들!

Once again I updated early but that's because I just got back from my little trip but I'll be leaving for Korea in 4 days! So I'm going to be extremely busy. I still have to pack and I'm staying for a month! I'll update as much as possible! Thank you for all your comments! It really means so much to me. Stay safe friends!

Love, author