Recovery

Call Me Yours

I lay on the couch, staring at the brace wrapped around my right ankle. My head is foggy from the medicine the doctor gave me. They said it was almost a grade two sprain and I would be out for at least four weeks, not including strength training. My eyes stayed glued to the T.V watching some stupid cartoon. I talked to the principle and he said it wouldn’t affect my scholarship but I still couldn’t help but feel like complete .

    Taekwoon opened the front door, pushing his way through with a bag of take out. He rushed over to the hospital right after the game and stayed until I was released. He told me we won, Hakyeon was so pissed off he got a technical against the guy who ed up my leg. We haven't talked much the past two days but he has been waiting on me hand and foot. Walking over to the table he set the bag of food down. Pulling out the box of chicken he started serving dinner.

    He divides the pieces up and hands me a plate, I take it quietly avoiding my roomates eyes. Taking a seat on the floor besides me we begin to eat in silence. Taekwoon didn’t know how to react when all of this happened. Since we were in this weird space between no relationship and some sort of ed up one. From what I’ve learned about Taekwoon he isn’t open about his emotions. But he does show how he feels in the small acts he does.

    After the take out dinner he gets up clearing our plates and bringing them to the kitchen. I watch as he walks away. Putting the dishes in the sink he then turns to the refrigerator opening the freezer. Pulling out a container of Ice cream and grabs two spoons. I slouch further into the couch. Taekwoon takes his seat again and hands me one spoon, then opens the container.

    “Are you trying to make me fat so I can’t play?” I grumble.

    He lets out a soft laugh, “Damn Hongbin, you caught me”

Taekwoon continues to shove a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth. I watch as he does so. Have you ever liked someone to a point where the mundane things they do captivate you? I try to pull myself back from my wild thoughts, it’s becoming harder and harder lately.

    “Taekwoon,” I call. He turns to me. I motion him to move closer, he does. Reaching up to his shirt I give him a slight tug pulling him closer. Gently I press our lips together.  The kiss is short and tastes like vanilla. The front door opening breaks our moment, Taekwoon jumps back in a matter of seconds. He runs into the kitchen, past Ken, Hakyeon and Hyuk who are entering our apartment without notice.

    Hakyeon rushes over to the couch kneeling besides me, “How are you doing my sweet Hongbin?” I can’t help but smile at the affection.

    “I’m doing...good?” I say half heartedly.

    Hyuk takes a seat on the end of the couch and Ken sits next to Hakyeon. The team captains eyes then turn to Taekwoon who has secluded himself in the kitchen.

    “Is he being nice to you? If he isn’t I will hurt him for you,” Hakyeon explains as he gives a slanted look towards my roomate.

    I laugh at his protectiveness, Taekwoon turns around facing the crowd that gathered in his living room. He leisurely crosses his arms over his chest letting out a sigh.

    “Yeah i’ve been taking care of him, I only beat him like four times a day now.”

    “HA HA, don’t be a ” Hyuk snaps.

    “It’s only going to be like a month or so then you’re back in training. Don’t worry about it Hongbin,” Ken chimes in.

    “I know, I just feel completely stupid for getting injured the first game.”

    “You can’t control who is going to be a complete hat and slide tackle you,” Hakyeon points out.

    “By the way thanks for the technical,” I say smiling at Hakyeon, Taekwoon stays in the background of the room. Not saying anything but watching everyone.

    “Anything for my child,” The captain says as he wraps his arms around me squeezing what life i have left out of me. My eyes dart back to Taekwoon as he watches the display of affection unamused.

    “Jesus lay off the kid,” Ken says slapping Hakyeon.

    “Yea, don’t be so clingy,” Taekwoon growls.

    Hyuk’s eyes slide to the direction of the snide comment, he raises an eyebrow toward Taekwoon who ignores the look. I feel something in my chest, seeing Taekwoon this protective over me. But it also makes me nervous seeing how observant Hyuk is.

    “Did you eat already?” Ken ask.

    I nod my head, “yeah, Taekwoon picked up some food.”

    Ken’s eyebrows raised at that, which made me nervous, “Anyway. Thank you guys. I really appreciate you.”

    “Don’t go getting all soft on us,” Hyuk says grabbing my uninjured leg, giving it a light hearted squeeze.

    The group hangs around the house for about an hour, we talk and laugh. I like when everyone is here. How it’s loud and chaotic. Taekwoon, on the other hand, avoids the group by alternating between his room and puttering around the dorm, keeping himself busy with trivial chores. I think all the people are making him uncomfortable.

    I wave goodbye as the guys exit, shutting the door behind them. Almost on cue Taekwoon’s door opens. His head peeking out to make sure our company left. He then moved the the living room. Taking a seat close to me on the floor.

    “Any reason you didn’t really socialize?” I taunt.

    He turns facing me, “They came to see you, not me.”    

    The sad emotion in his voice pull at my heart, lately a lot of his actions have been. Leaning forward I give him a small flick on the side of his head. Whipping around he glares at me has he holds the side of his head, “What was that for?”

    “You know people like you. Stop being so dramatic.”

A small smile crawls to his face as we hold eye contact, “Maybe I’m just being dramatic to get your attention.”

    The stupid smile that instinctively plays across my face make me embarrassed. He causes reactions from me without even trying, he knows he gets to me, “Are you jealous? “

    His lip twitches at my comment, “Why would I be? I’m just your roommate.”

    He gently puts his hand on my upper thigh, using his thumb he carefully rubs it back and forth.  The way he was looking at me was different from before, different from how he ever looked at me. It made my stomach turn.

    “Thank you, for everything” I hear myself say before I could think about it.

    Taekwoon gently removes his hand from my leg, letting the small smile waiver off his mouth. He stands up quickly adjusting his shirt, “ We should go to bed, we go back to class tomorrow.”
    I feel uneasy from his reaction but nod my head agreeing with him. The school gave me a couple days off to rest from the accident, along with Taekwoon who said he was taking care of me.

    Reaching my arm up Taekwoon leans down helping me stand. His hand is firm around my waist as he gently leads me to my room. I gimp over to my room with the help of my roomate. Getting to the doorway I let him go.  We awkwardly nod at each other as I make my way into my room, falling onto my bed I let out a sigh. Stuck alone with these odd feelings running through my heart and head.


Hello! SO so sorry for the late update! Hope you enjoy!