Family Dinner pt. 2

Call Me Yours

    We are in a third round of the game. Hakyeon and Taekwoon have won twice, Ravi and Ken once, Hyuk and I zero. After a couple more games Ken and Ravi call it a night and make their way back to one of the other dorms. Hyuk and Hakyeon decide to stay later. Hakyeon and Taekwoon are still on the floor next to each other, laughing and carrying on conversations between just the two of them. Hyuk and I sit on the couch. Eventually I get sick of watching the two, shooting up from my seat I begin to limp to the kitchen.

         “Where are you going?” Hakyeon asks.

         “I’m just going to start on the dishes.” I say waving him off and turning back around to face the sink.

         “Well let us help.” He continues as he starts to stand up.

         “It’s fine I can help.” Hyuk says getting up and taking a place by me.

We begin doing dishes as the other two stay in the living room, just out of earshot so I can’t hear. I try to focus on scrubbing the pan in front of me but I can feel Hyuk’s stare on me. Pushing forward I try to ignore it but after three minutes pass I give in. “Is there something on my face or am I just that pretty?”

         Hyuk laughs finally looking away and down at the plate he was drying, “Sorry, I just feel like something's off with you today.”

         The lump forming in my throat grew bigger, was I that obvious? He really caught on.

         “I’m not, it just weird seeing Taekwoon be nice and friendly toward anyone.” I try to joke but I don’t think he believes me.

Looking over his shoulder he glances at the pair. “They’ve always been close. When you came around Taekwoon got a little distant. He was so obsessed with touring you.” I feel my heart become a little uneasy with how he used the word “obsessed.”

“Ken I thought they were a thing honestly.” He says laughing.

“How are you sure that they’re not?”

“Ah, I don’t know. I just feel that they would be more open about it. Or being even more affectionate about it than they are now. And Hakyeon couldn’t keep a secret to save his life.”

I just quietly nod my head. Taking in all the information given to me. Thinking back to our first kiss. Taekwoon was the one who made the first move, and he wasn’t hesitant at all. I just thought It was because it was a kiss but maybe it was because he kissed a guy before.

“Why are you like against being gay or something?” He questions.

I purse my lips together trying to stifle the laugh that was dancing at the back of my throat. “No, it’s just I still don’t know much about everyone you know? Plus Ken and Ravi are obviously together. I’m cool with them.” I hold back from adding the “I’m gay” part.

“Wait is Hakyeon gay?” I question in a hushed tone.

“I think he said he is bi or something. I know he’s had more girlfriends than boyfriends though.” He glances back over his shoulder making sure they couldn’t hear us. “But I couldn’t Imagine Taekwoon liking a guy, he’s too much of a player.”

         My mind trails back to last night when he forced us to stop studying so he could me off. I tilt my head down hiding the smile that plasters across my lips but the thoughts come back into my mind. What if there was something between Hakyeon and Taekwoon? It really wasn’t any of my business. I focus on the plate in my hands, my fingers turn red under the warm water as I scrub harder.

    Eventually everyone leaves. I stand in the doorway waving at Hyuk and Hakyeon as they walked down the hallway. Taekwoon’s hands slowly begin to tug at the back of my shirt pulling me into the dorm, his arms then move around my waist and his lips press to the nape of my neck kissing the exposed skin. My body automatically reacts to it, goosebumps sending down my spine but my mind flashes back to dinner.

How Hakyeon was hanging on Taekwoon and how Taekwoon was ok with it. The image of the two together play over and over in my head. Gently I remove his hands from my stomach stepping away from him. Turning and walking past Taekwoon and into the living room to pick up the leftover cups scattered over the coffee table.

“What’s wrong?” He questions.

“Nothing.” I say a little sharper than I meant to as I walk past him into the Kitchen avoiding eye contact.

He laughs. “Well you act like there’s something wrong.”

“Well, there’s not.”

I hear him let out a small “Hmph” as his footsteps approach behind me. Carefully I place each glass into the sink. He doesn’t touch me, instead he talks calmly,

“If you’re not mad at me then kiss me.”

Letting a small breath of annoyance out as anger boils up inside my chest but I refuse to let him know i’m mad. Which I have no right to be but I ignore that point. Reluctantly I turn to face him, a smug smirk plays across his lips. Leaning up ward I place a small kiss on his lips. I then turn back to the sink.

“I meant a real kiss.”

Turning around again I lock eyes with him. My hands slide up to his face pulling him closer to me. Our lips connect slowly, I begin moving my mouth. He responds almost instantly sliding his hands to my waist. Carefully I slide my tongue into his mouth dancing across his. We stay like this for a minute. I feel my head become dizzy, like it usually does when we kiss like this. He then slowly pulls away from the kiss.

“What is wrong?” he whispers against my lips.

“Did you and Hakyeon have something before?”

He pulls apart from me taking in my face. He doesn't look mad just taken a back, which worried me. Letting out a small breath he looks around the room quickly, almost as if he was looking for an answer.

“I wouldn’t call it a thing. We were always close and stuff did happen a couple times but nothing like we’ve done. Why?”

I’m shocked from the answer. “Really?”

“Yeah, I mean a couple times he just, like, kissed.”

“Just kissed?” I question.

“Well, like a little bit of other things.”

“Other things?”

“Jesus Hongbin do you want a damn play by play?”

“No i’m sorry i’m just surprised, you didn’t tell me.”

“I didn’t think it was important. And I didn’t want you to feel awkward around him, he’s a really nice guy and I knew you guys were getting close so I didn’t want to create an issue.”

I avoid his eyes resting my body against the counter. “Are you mad?” Taekwoon questions towards me.

“No.”

A small smile turns his lips upward. “Are you jealous?”

“No.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Alright.” he says turning away from me and pulling his phone from his pocket, he then stares at the lit up screen for a minute. “By the way i’m going to hang out with that girl, Eunbi tognight. You remember her right? You borrowed her uniform. Cool with you?”

“Shut up really?” I say reaching for his phone. His arm shoots up raising the phone just out of my reach. Our chest press together and Taekwoon’s free arm wraps around my body pulling me close to him.

“Look at you all cute and jealous.”

“Shut the up.”

He gently plants a kiss on my cheek. “You jealous bastard.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes you are.” he says as he kisses me again, this time on my neck then continuing back to my cheek and lastly on my lips. I fall deeper into the kiss for a second then I pull apart.

“Listen I’m not jealous. I have no right to be. Like I said we are just friends.”

Taekwoon leans down kissing me aggressively sliding one hand to my grabbing it. “Yup, just friends.”

The way he says it makes my chest stur, like he was implying we were something else. There was no way he was implying that. Was he? Have I even thought about it? Like actually dating him, calling Taekwoon my boyfriend. Meeting his family and worrying about what his parents think of me. I shove the thoughts down and lean into him, kissing back.


Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't been updating. I fell kind of ill recently so It's been a little difficult. I will try to update every friday however I might I have to move it to every other friday. Thanks so much for the comments! 

xoxoxo authour