Family Dinner pt. 1

Call Me Yours

From that day on Taekwoon and I follow a strict study regimen. After classes get out we head straight to our dorm. I try to make it as inconspicuous as possible but I feel like everyone already knows. Ken has been messaging me non-stop and Hyuk has almost completely stopped talking to me. I sit staring at the last messages between us. Trying to figure out what to say to someone when you are the one completely in the wrong.

“Whats up?” I type and send. Genius Hongbin.

My foot bounces impatiently as I wait for the response. Taekwoon looks up from his textbook staring at me. At first he doesn’t say anything, he just sits there watching me. My eyes flash back at him.

“You should be looking at your book and not at me.”

He doesn’t smile at my snarky comment, “Hakyeon messaged me the other day. He wants us to have a dinner soon with the guys.”

My eyes narrow towards my roommate, “And?”

“And I told him tonight at our house.”

My eyes widened, as I shot up from the table limping into the kitchen. I’ve been resting my ankle lately so it’s gotten a lot better but I still have trouble walking, though it doesn't stop me from getting to the kitchen in record time. I begin rummaging through the cubborts, looking for things to make food, “It didn’t occur to tell me about this?”

“Relax, I already did shopping the stuffs in the fridge.”

Turning to said fridge I open it seeing it fully stocked. I let a sigh of relief out, “Do you enjoy stressing me out? Is it some weird kink you didn’t tell me about?”

Taekwoon gets up from the island and walks over to me, his arms begin to wrap around me. One around my waist and the other around my chest. Pulling me closer to his body he kisses my neck gently.

“I can’t haze you anymore so working you up is the second best thing. It’s the little things that count.”

“Wow, I literally hate you.” I growl. Limping around to face him I draw a deep breath. Leaning down he gently touches our lips, soft and confidently. I fall deep into the kiss wrapping my hands around his neck. His arms wrap around my waist tighter. We stand there in our kitchen kissing. The thought of us being domesticated set something off in my chest.

    Thinking about what it would be like to have and actual relationship with him. To go out in public together and have dates, not be confined to the walls of our dorm. I know these thoughts are dangerous. I’ve tried to push them down recently. Spending this much time with him. Being close to him and having him reach out for me, wanting me.

Breaking this kiss I look at him, “We should get ready for dinner.”

He nods his head agreeing with me. I walk over to the cabinets pulling a couple pots and pans out. Taekwoon goes to the fridge taking out the ingredients he bought. I try to hide the incontrolable smile that is plastered onto my lips.

We continue to finish up the pasta dinner as everyone starts to come in. The room gets loud and happy. Filling my chest with a warm, full feeling. Something I’ve always wanted but never really felt at home. I push the thoughts swirling around in my head down. Seems like i’ve been doing that with all my emotions lately.

Ken sets up the plates and Hakyeon brings the bowl of pasta to the coffee table in the living. Hyuk has already claimed his seat on the couch. He never returned my text message and has barely said anything to me since he entered the dorm. Carefully I make my way over to him.

    “Hey,” I say awkwardly.

    His eyes flash up to me giving me a cold look, “Wow, haven’t seen you in weeks.”

    I feel myself make a face, I knew I deserve that but it still hurt. Pushing down the thoughts a speak again, “I’m really sorry.”

Hyuks anger filled face softens as he see the sincerity in my voice. Reluctantly he brings his hand up lazily and pats the seat next to him. Moving as fast as my ankle will let me I take it. We continue talking.

Ravi and Ken have found their spots around the coffee table. Talking to each other as if they were the only two in the room. They have become more open about their relationship without actually announcing it to everyone. Hakyeon takes a seat on the floor by me and Taekwoon follows sitting next to the captain. We all begin dinner.

Everyone has been on their own these past couple weeks. It wasn’t just me who was MIA. Ravi and Ken were busy studying with each other, like anyone believed that, Hyuk and Hakyeon where practicing extra hard to try and make up for my absence and the excuse Taekwoon and I made up was that he needed help in a class I was good at, which turned out to not be an excuse after all.

Once again my eyes were wondering towards Taekwoon, like they always seem to do. I’m always curious about what he’s doing or who he is talking to, it’s become somewhat of my bad habit. I continue shoving the pasta into my mouth.

Today Hakyeon was acting a little different. He was more clingy but not to me, to Taekwoon. I notice it when Taekwoon goes to grab more food, Hakyeon pushing his hand out of the way to do it for him. Or subtly leaning on him. The weirdest part is that Taekwoon doesnt care, at all. He seems almost comfortable with the attention, or even use to it.

    I urge my eyes to stare somewhere, anywhere else. I didn’t want to make our relationship as transparent as Ken and Ravi’s but it was hard. Scolding myself quietly for dwelling on the thought too much, remembering what the agreement was in the first place. I was the one who made it perfectly clear that it was nothing. I said that to him, it was me. But it was turning out the be harder than I thought. All the time spent with Taekwoon, seeing him in a whole new spectrum of different emotions I never thought I would see from him. It’s how you fall in love, and love was something I had no intention of falling into.

    The blushing of my cheeks warms my whole face. Did I just think love and Taekwoon in the same internal monologue? It made my stomach turn solid and a sick feeling form in my chest with a disturbing realization. I’m sitting here having an internal conflict of my emotions towards someone who is showing no interest, other than , in a relationship towards me. My eye roll towards myself is almost automatic.

    “You done?” Hyuk questions as he stares at my plate.

    Nodding my head I hand it to him with some food still left on it. I wasn’t done with the food more or less the dinner. Letting my eyes turn back to Taekwoon and our captain the uneasy feeling worsened. Taekwoon was leaning back on his arms as Hakyeon was positioned by his chest as the both looked down at a phone laughing. Their conversation seemed so easy and effortless. My mind goes back to the conversations we have? Were they as easy and effortless as his and Hakyeon’s? Suddenly i’m stuck over analyzing every aspect of Taekwoon and I’s relationship.

    “I brought cards lets play a game!” Ken bursts out.

    Everyone seems to be on board with the suggestion so I agree too. We work to clear off the table and Taekwoon and Hakyeon stick together. In a matter of minutes the table was clear, only a few drinks left on it but enough room for the card game.

    “Ok, lets play card thief!” Ken continues.

    “Card what?” Hyuk asks.

    “So first we get into groups of two. I’ll be with Ravi.”

    “Taekwoon and I can be a team,” Hakyeon says putting his arm around my roomate.

    “Then me and bin.” Hyuk says stating the obvious.

    “Great,” Ken begins shuffling the deck. “So we are going to divide the whole deck into three piles, we each take a pile and that’s what each team plays with. Next take out all your pairs. After that we just continue to draw cards from each other trying to make pairs. What ever team is left with the joker loses.”

    I barely pay attention the the instructions Ken is explaing. My focous is still on Taekwoon.

 

____________________________________________________

Hi guys! Sorry for the late update, I've been super busy. <3 hope you enjoy.