Cancelled plans

Call Me Yours

Going back to class is, in a way, a relief. Being able to do something on my own, without the help of anyone, independent. Then again Taekwoon had to carry my book bag and open every door for me. Attempting to fight with him about doing things for me was a losing battle. I brought up the fact it might draw more attention to us, being glued to each others hip, didn't seem to phase him at all. I was somewhat independent and I couldn’t be mad about that. Opening the book that lays in front of me I focus on the teaching.

    Throughout the whole class I didn’t stop writing. I tried to take in every word of what the teacher said. The thoughts of the missing assignments I had to do daunted me.  Still, I stole a couple looks towards Taekwoon. He seems more lost than I was and he didn’t even miss that much class. Deciding not to dwell on it too much my attention turns back to the lines of my notebook.

    After class I wait patiently as the rest of the room exits, prefering to not be trampled by the mass of students. Slowly Taekwoon and I begin to gather our things, as we do so the teacher approaches us cautiously. Her smile had an air to it that seemed to carry worry as the attention turned from me to Taekwoon.

    “Mr. Jung, may I have a word with you alone for a moment?” She questions.

    His dark eyes slide to the woman as he adjusts his bag, “Sure.”

    They both flash looks at me, mixed with question until Taekwoon speaks up again, “We can just talk in front of him, I don’t care.”

    I’m caught off guard by the comment but keep quiet as Mrs. Park begins to talk, “I know you’ve been busy helping out your friend. But, Mr.Jung your grades have been slipping. I’m very worried. You know if you don’t maintain your scores you will not be able to play soccer or even worse, pass this year.”

    My jaw tightens as she speaks. Every word that comes out of makes me more and more uncomfortable. Realizing that Taekwoon was failing classes because of me, for me. The lump in my throat grows and my eyes shift to my roomate. His face stays stone cold as he takes in every word, but his grip on his backpack is turning his knuckles white.

    “I understand Mrs. Park, I will work on my grades,” With that he continues to collect the rest of our belongings. Giving me a quick look signaling that he wanted to leave. I comply with the subtle hint and begin making my way down the isle of desks, exiting the classroom.

    We walk in silence side by side with each other. I try to focus on keeping up with Taekwoon on crutches. Getting back to our room, we find our places on the couch side by side. In sync we both pull out our textbooks. Taekwoon’s only makes it on his lap until he turns on the tv. A twinge of annoyance rushes through me but I remind myself It's not my place to tell him what to do. But after ten minutes of him beginning to zone out on tv I was talking.

    “What are you doing?” I snap.

    “I believe this is called watching tv and doing homework.”

    My brows furrow at him, “This is doing homework while watching tv,” I say pointing to myself, “That is watching tv with a textbook on your lap.”

    His eyes roll aggressively as he slouches deeper into the couch. Lurching forward I grab the remote turning the tv off. His head snaps towards me aggressively, “Don’t start.”

“Taekwoon, did what Mrs.Park say even register with you? This is serious.”

His eyes just stay locked on mine. Not saying a word.

“What are you having issues with ? I will help you.”

I watch as his jaw tightens, silence settles around us for a minute  until he lets out a deep sigh, “English. I need help with English.”

I can’t help as the small smile from the victory creeps onto my face, “Lucky for you I’m great at english.”

  “Well, lucky me.”

Leaning forward he grabs the textbook, quickly I pick up my phone sending a text to Ken cancelling our plans for the night. This is the second time i’ve done it now. It’s been starting to become a habit. I try to ignore the guilt of ditching my friend to spend even more time with Taekwoon. Almost immediately I get a response back from Ken.

“It’s fine, but you gotta stop canceling on me. I miss you.” The twinge in my heart is pushed down by Taekwoon who gently rests his hand on my leg as he flips through his text book.

Three hours later I’m sitting on his lap reading out of a textbook, reading off vocabulary words as either one of my legs straddles him. His hands begin to slide under my shirt and up my back, gently gliding against my bare skin. I set the book on my lap, continuing to place my hands on his wrists shoving them downward.

I keep my eyes focused on the book. Continuing to read the lines in front of me trying to ignore Taekwoons attempts to get out of actually studying. But he doesn’t stop. Leaning upwards he goes for the exposed skin, planting small kisses.once again I push him down. Our eyes finally lock.

“Can you take this seriously?” I snap.

His smile waivers and his head tilts to the side looking at me with a somewhat pitiful look. He doesn’t say anything.

“Just focus a little, you’re smart Taekwoon and when I get back on the field I want to see you there with me.”

Taekwoons eyes soften, “Thank you. As long as I get a good grade on the exams I will be fine.”

Nodding my head I pick the book back up and continue reading from where I left off. Setting a new goal of having to get Taekwoon to pass his classes.


Hello everyone! I just got back from a small trip to this really cute Island in Michigan! Now I'm home and updating. Thank you all once again for the love and support <3 I look forward to reading the comments every time!