Welcome to Danggeul

Call Me Yours

I look down at the books and sheet of paper in my hands. The school is big, like one of the schools you see in the dramas. Marble floors, big windows everywhere, three stories tall, well kept yards and shiny silver name plates aline the classrooms.

It's my first day at Danggeul Academy- D-Cad for short- and I'm already lost. Looking down at the map again I try to find my homeroom. My finger runs across the paper reading the names and numbers to myself, 320. Pulling my eyes away from sheet I look around realizing I am on the first floor while homeroom is on the third and there’s two minutes before class.

My speed picks up as a sprint for the stairs. I feel my nerves start to get to me and my heart begin to pound against my chest. Everything is fine, just go over things you know. My name is Hongbin, I'm a junior who got recruited here because of soccer and academics. This school is the beginning to my future, I’m sure the kids will be nice here. The last one was a little bit of a stretch. 

I stand in front of the door, putting a small smile on  my face as I enter the classroom but it soon drops as the whole rooms stare focuses on me. Keeping my attention locked on the teacher I carefully extend my hand with a slip of paper. A small smile tugs at her thin lips as she skims the sheet.

"You're the new transfer student! Nice to meet you, i'm Mrs.Park!"

Sheepishly I nod my head.

"Your name is Hongbin correct?"

"Yes," I say just above a whisper, not completely if she understood it.

"Okay Hongbin, please introduce yourself to the class" Mrs. Park instructs as she points for me to stand in the front of the room. Well .

I nod again giving a pursed smile. The group of kids stare at me as I walk to the front. All this attention makes me uncomfortable, my cheeks start to flush. Attempting to calm down I pull on a smile and begin to speak.

"Hello, my name is Hongbin. It's my first day here and I am very happy to be attending your school I also look forward..." 

Before I could finish my sentence the classroom door whips open with a loud clunk. Following the attention of the room I see a boy slump through the doorway. His uniform is a wrinkled mess and barely buttoned up... He hides his face behind a pair of black sunglasses. In the corner of his mouth is a small red spot that indicated he probably got from a fight. I can feel the look of shock cross my face. How could a gang member like him get into a school like this?

"Well so nice of you to join us today Taekwon," Mrs.Park says pointed towards the delinquent. 

"Oh yeah, sorry I'm late," he mumbles keeping his attention on the ground.

He continues to walk to his seat not even bothering  to look up, not seeing me as he stumbles directly into me.

 "Woah sorry," he blurts, I get a face full of his breath that smells like alcohol.

He then straightens me up by my shoulders, tilting his head to the side he take me in. Snapping his attention towards the teacher he speaks, "What’s a kid doing here? I thought this was a high school?"

In unison the class bursts out laughing, I feel my cheeks heat up. Shoving his hands away I look at him sternly "I'm literally the same height as you!"

Taekwon then points to me, "You even whine like a kid!"

"Taekwon that’s enough, go to your seat," Mrs.Park demands.

The boy puts both palms in the air surrendering to the the teachers orders, he turns and begins walking to his seat in the back of the room. When he is about half way there a bright, hot pink piece of cloth falls from his pocket. 

"What's that?," Mrs.Park questions. Turning around Taekwon immediately see the cloth. He then picks it up holding it so the whole class could clearly see that it's a thong.

Mrs. Parks mouth drops along with mine. Taekwon makes an awkward face from the snickers coming from around the room. 

"These? uh... give me a second," he says trying to think of an excuse, "Would you believe they’re mine?" 

"Oh  really? why would you have a pair of women’s underwear?"  She says crossing her arms over her chest.

"Because they make me feel pretty." He says flashing an incredibly cheesy smile, with perfect teeth. The class can't control their laughter now. What is going on? 

"Office, now" Mrs. Park says.

“It is totally possible that I could wear these!”

“Enough!” The teacher yells.

Taekwoon drops his head in defeat walking towards the door, turning the corner he disappears but only for a few seconds before poking his head through the doorway again " I bet you wear tighty whites, don't you?" he says pointing to me.

"Taekwoon!"

"Just saying!" he shouts as he runs down the hall. 

Taekwoon, I don't know much about him and don't want too but he sure knows how to make a first impression. "You can take your seat now," Mrs.Park says to me giving a weak smile. 

I nod and head towards the back of the class. As I walk down the row I hear the slight snickers of the class. Before I could sit down I feel someone grab my pants. Before I could stop them they were around my ankles and my white underwear was exposed to the class.

"Taekwoon was right!," the boy says. 

I scramble pulling up my pants and sit down. I give a slight glare to the boy. As the classes laughter erupts again. The boy seems tall, even when sitting down. His black hair is shaved down on the sides but long on top. He has soft features but his personality sure doesn't match.

"Ravi office now!"

"Ah I was going there anyways," he says as he pulls his backpack over his shoulder and leisurely walks out the door.

I open my book and bury my head attempting to hide from the embarrassment. I hate to say this but, I miss my old school already.

After three more classes it's finally lunch. Stepping into the lunch room was like stepping into a five star restaurant. A buffet with different kinds of meat and side dishes  mixed together in vibrant colors. How could food be beautiful?

When I'm done filling up my tray I look around the large room for an empty seat. Squinting my eyes I spot a table for one tucked away in the corner. Weaving my way through other tables i'm almost there until I hear my name.

"Hongbin!"

I turn around to see Taekwoon and Ravi sitting at a table with a couple others. I feel a lump form in my throat,secretly hating myself because I can’t run away since I made eye contact, "What?" 

"Hey sorry about earlier, Ravi and I like to give a little friendly ‘hazing’ to new kids" He says patting the boy on the back. 

"It's no big deal, just leave me alone please."

"Ohh, touchy are we?," Ravi taunts.

"So why did you switch here?" Taekwoon questions.

  My grip on the tray tightens "It's a good school and I got a scholarship for soccer".

"Oh you're a scholarship kid huh? Aren’t you lucky," Ravi taunts.

"Soccer? A girl like you plays soccer?," Taekwoon laughs. 

"Yes. I play soccer," I can feel my knuckles turning white, I want to walk ,no, run away right now.

"You won't last a day on our team, I can promise you," Taekwoon growls.

My brows furrow, and I feel the heat swarm in my cheeks, "How do you know that?"

He turns his attention down to his tray, using is pointer finger to pick around the food until he finds a vegetable he likes. Tilting his head to an angle he carefully inspects it before throwing it into his mouth. "Because, i'm vice captain," he says crunching the carrot with his teeth.

"Wow with a like  you for  vice captain I'm surprised you still have a team," I mumble. 

Taekwoon sneers at me, he moves up to grab me but Ravi beats him to it. The man grabs the front of my shirt pulling me inches from him. The food on my tray rattles as if it's going to spill everywhere. I wince away. , what did i just do?

"What did you say?," he growls.

I can't manage to form any words. "Ravi!" a voice yells.

Looking up at Ravi and see his face soften. His grip on my shirt loosens as he keeps his attention behind me. 

"What are you doing to this poor kid?," The boy questions again.

"I...I was...," Ravi studers.

"Ugh-oh Rav, Your wife is mad at you," Taekwoon says.

I look at the boy who Taekwoon is talking about. He’s is about the same height as me and His light brown hair is two shades lighter than his dark, brown eyes. 

"Shut up Taekwoon." 

"C'ome on Ken you know Ravi loves you and will only listen to you."

"No I don't!" Ravi yells.

I look at the boy known as Ken, he looks at Ravi for a second with a mixed expression. He then crosses his arms over his chest giving Ravi a look. 

"No, wait, Ken."

"c'ome on new kid. You don't have to talk to these idiots anymore." 

For some reason he said it directly to Ravi. I nod and let him lead me in the opposite direction to a table where one other boy sits. "What was your name again?"

"Ohh, ugh hongbin."

"Hi hongbin, i'm Ken and this is Hyuk."

I sit down at the table as Hyuk looks up at me with a small smile. " So you got a scholarship here because of soccer?," Ken asks.

I put a small bit of rice in my mouth and nod my head. I'm starving and didn't want to risk getting anymore distracted than I already was.

"So you're the new secret weapon coach has been going on and on about," Hyuk says.

"What?," I question through a mouthful of food.

"We're both on the team along with Ravin and Taekwoon. There’s another starter that is part of our little group, more like captain, but he’s visiting his family this week. His name is Hakyeon, He rooms with me.  him and coach said  a new member was joining and we would definitely win Championships this year," Hyuk states.

"Yeah, and that pissed Taekwoon off," Ken says smiling. It seems like he doesn't really like Taekwoon either.

"Do you not like Taekwoon too?" I question.

Ken shrugs his shoulders, "Well it’s a little complicated. In a way we’re friends but I don’t agree with a lot of the things he does. so in a way yes."

"You're just jealous because Ravi spends more time with him than you."

"Shut up, I don't care who Ravi hangs out with."

My eyes go back and forth as the two fight. This whole school is weird, but these guys don't seem half bad, did I just make friends? A small smile tugs at my lips.

"So what dorm are you in?" Hyuk questions.

Swallowing the food in my mouth I clear my throat, "Three. I move in today."

"Really? same as us!" Ken cheers.

"What room?" Hyuk asks.

"Uhm I forgot, all i know it's somewhere between 490 and 499"

"Hey Ravi and I are room 493!" Ken cheers, "Oh, and Hyuks room 495!"

"Wait I think it's 497," I say, looking at the map I pulled from my stack of papers .

"Are you sure?" Hyuk asks.

"Yeah positive." Turning the map to Hyuk pointing at the number written in the top right corner.

Hyuk and Ken look at each other with worried looks.

"Why what’s wrong with that room?"

Ken looks at me giving a weak smile, "Nothing's wrong with the room but you might have trouble with your roommate."

"Wait who am I rooming with?"

"Jung Taekwoon," Hyuk says.


HELLO My lovlies, my goodness it has been a hot minute since i've written but it is so amazing to be back! Thank you so much for reading my story, this has become one a my favorites so far. My upload schedule will be once a week every friday! once again thank you so much.

-XOXO your author