5. HOLD ON

DISCOGRAPHY: Volume II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DISCOGRAPHY: Volume II


                        HOLD ON

Artist: Chord Overstreet

 


The sequel to the shot, Little Do You Know. If you want to understand this more, feel free to visit that chapter again. I really appreciate your comments and support, so Thank You! Feel free to DM me here or on Twitter, would gladly reply if I have time.

 

 

--~~--

 


I glanced over the clock in the top right corner of the empty restaurant. Fiddling over my watch. He is late. As usual.


It is that time of the day wherein I would definitely meet strangers and some over a few glances and a few smirks. Most certain cases I would drink all of these praises over a shot of vodka or possibly a few drops of wine.a late again. Always. Although I don’t have the rights to berate him, more, I don’t even care.


I’m settling upon the formalities of a business relationship. After the marriage that I had ended a good two years ago with him, I share a mutual respect for Tyler. He is, after all, the goat in dealing with money.


“Sica.” There he is. Smiling. Happy.


“T.” I smiled back, and then the girl blushing beside him could only give me a nod and a tight lip smile.

“Be comfortable. I’m sure you know.” I edged closer to stand and extend my hand in greeting. She accepted it nevertheless.


“Thank you.”


“Your wife is shy.” I traded a teasing smile to Tyler.

 

“She’ll get over it soon with a few drinks or so. We’ll see.”

     ——

 

It’s roughly around the closing time when I deduced that oppa’s new wife is on the helm of swaying back home that I alluded an adjournment.

“I think we need to go home oppa. We discussed the contract and I’m pretty sure we could start as soon as possible. Just take care of unnie first.” I smiled and he nodded. His aura is different more like he changed. And I’m glad.

I glanced down my watch to take heed of the time when the last customer hit the green lights just before it turned red. I didn’t mind it at first, but then as I froze.

How else would my loop be detected by the one who made me swoon? In an amount of loud defeating silence, I was given a chance to fully appreciate the beauty. Time lapsed in her bronze chiseled face, the age of timeless grandeur of her facade.

I fell.

“Yuri.”

——

I stood alone in the staged re-enactment of our closure. I left two years ago as I witness her happiness. Moreover, things are currently bleak as I stopped sending Her congratulatory messages as per which I assumed she is happy.

I caved in to smile a bit. And I saw how the girl beside her, probably an acquaintance as her wife looked different as far as I remembered. The moment she saw me, the girl had these instincts, she held Yuri’s hands tighter. I don’t consider myself a threat. I am Not the person to be accused of that.

But is Yuri cheating?

The urge to not check on Yuri’s life apparently made me dizzy back then. As a way of coping perhaps, I don’t want any news. So whether she is still married to her or not? I could only rely on the rumors that they still are.

“Sica. Do you want me to bring you home?” Tyler oppa interrupted our staring session. Or better yet he poured cold water into the building fire.


“I’m okay oppa. I have a car. Just take care of unnie.” I pat his shoulders and reassured him. Likely to be considered as a not so friendly gesture I took my palms towards the opposite direction.

“Alright. Let’s go?”

I don’t know if it’s just me or I have this slight observation about the Kwons. One fact is that they are sure hell the epitome of subtle competition. I gained that intel a few years back when Yuri and I are together.

They are jealous but they want to appear cool that they end up appearing not caring at all when in front of you but rather they’ll go ahead and confront the person they are jealous of.

“Hello, Yuri.” Tyler approached Yuri who is glued to her spot upon spotting me behind him. Oh, fun fact. They love egging that person on.


Perhaps Tyler oppa’s smile did not appear appealing to Yuri who only ignored him. And then those brown eyes landed upon me. Deep inside my soul, searching me for something.


“Hello, Yuri.” I finally say. I need to say something if not I’ll faint from suffocation.

The fact that our relationship did not deserve any kind of unfamiliarity like this, I tend to argue otherwise. Time definitely healed me from the lack of closure and from the lack of her cooperation to even say something about her leaving me hanging for one last promise.

 

 

Of course. I don’t blame her. It's a matter of choice. It’s just that it still hurts. Because I still love her.

 

 


She became tight-lipped. She never said anything. If not for her girl that is slowly pulling her away from the hindrance of their relationship, i.e ME.

“Sica.”


“Yuri, let’s go.” The girl urged her to go inside, the latter’s grip on her jacket only proves to be tight as I saw the dents over that leather.

“Wait.” She says to the girl. It’s barely a whisper, but I don’t want any more of this. I saw that she’s happy, I saw how she deserved her freedom from me. So it’s time for me to close my ears on the upcoming ordeals regarding Yuri. Let her go from the ropes that are binding us down.

But then why does it have to be this way.

I frowned. Why see her again only for me to go? Oh yeah, Jessica. It’s because you're not hers and she’s not yours anymore.

That moment thereafter, I knew that Yuri had something to tell but I am not going to lend my ears anymore. It is like a damage control on my part. Thinking how I end up in this cluster again, wherein I am trying my best to stay out of her radar and then poof, she came barging into my already peaceful life making stares of some sorts.


I ran out of the restaurant. Knowing that Tyler oppa might have gotten the clue. I will apologize to him later.


The erratic beating of my heart fell into a downfall as I slap my face to breathe. I leaned over my car, fumbling with my keys.

“Why do you have to run? I just want to talk.” Came her voice and then I saw her grinning on the wall. Bashfully running her hands through her hair.

I don’t want any form of closure that would open up again. If I am not enough to lock this kind of relationship, if my love for her isn't enough at all, then I would choose to be heartless.  Yuri is supposed to be a memory that I would like to tuck into a vault of wonderful things in my life.


I looked at her with my lips quivering as I witness her orbs dancing in the firelight of the moon above. I missed her presence. Her amazing soul that inspired many, her soul that once loved me with everything that it is.


I let her go with the goal of myself being free as well. And I want that more than anything. I want a new start, but this? This kind of activity that is probably an option of two.


She could just acknowledge my presence and go on with her date, but no she followed me out and now she is smiling back at me? Saying that it is alright to talk casually like there is nothing that happened behind our back?

“Say it.” I stood my ground. Firmly holding my lips into a bite. Nevertheless, if I cry here and then it just proves that I am still a fool.

She remained idle. “What is it that you want to say, Yuri?”

“It’s been a long time. How are you?”

I scoffed. Small talks.

“Yuri, small talks isn’t us anymore. I know, I left you, and I gave you a ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter