I. ONCE IN A LIFETIME

DISCOGRAPHY: Volume II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DISCOGRAPHY VOLUME II:

 

 

ONCE IN A LIFETIME

Artist: Tiffany Hwang


 

She is this little shortie, brunette. Well, a long straight nose that is cool to say that it’s perfect. Most of the times, she will say that she loves me despite my thought that her love for me is becoming toxic. I was once head over heels for her. So in love that I would stride the thick layers of her onion like attitude just to get what she’s saying. And you not, heck I still am.

We met in the funniest scenario there is. I was head over heels for another brunette. The same height as my current beau but her nose is not straight, it’s slightly curvy but it’s still cool, it’s still perfect. I went through the borders of the loophole that is marriage. Grand festivity, blaring horns of trumpets, red wines and champagne, all for one occasion. To speak in reality it is just as it’s planned.

I was planning to ask her that day. Unfortunately, I am fond of telling stories.


Just scroll down. This is my story.


————————————————————————


Yuri.

08.01.17


It’s scorching 107.96 degrees Fahrenheit, 42.2 degrees celsius converted. The sensation of having that sip of cold water simmered within me. I almost moaned in satisfaction. Usual days wherein I would take that small stool by the ends of her favorite cafe, wink at every passerby, whether they are girls or boys. Fortunately, I like them both.

 

 

Yul, I will run late today. Don’t wait up for me.

 


Fascinating. Such reasoning on such unrealistic events made me think otherwise. Why do people tend to be rather gullible when it comes to the one they love? Would it be because they are blinded by what they felt? Or is it because the acceptance of their flaws only deemed them to be perfect?


I do think the opposite. You see, I don’t find Tiffany to be perfect heck I still find her so easy to love, but in this time of the day, whether she loves me still or not. I am the one who soaked my newly bought Versace in this weather to be texted by none other than a single insignificant text. Not justifying her reasons as to why she had to be late.

 

Okay. I am not jealous. I felt cheated, oh well. Guess the surprise had to wait another perfect time.

 

And the fact that today is her birthday, the fact that we are supposed to celebrate it together. Ending with my cheesy declaration of my love for her. Rendered useless.

 

“Hi.”

 


“Yul.”

 


“Have you seen Tiffany anywhere?” I asked our close friends. Nope slash that. Her close friend. I know I am an but I need to see her. Maybe at least kiss her on her day of birth would be an acceptable act of a girlfriend.

 


“Uhhm. Yul. You see..”

 

“Forget it. Where are you?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Nothing. Tiffany just texted me asking where you are.” Pulling her leg would be the only way for me to get a grip on Tiffany’s life long advocate locks of betrayal. Even if my little heart is starting to prick a little at the sign of an end of a relationship.

 

There is a sudden pause.

 

“She can’t actually do that.”

 

“Oh, why?” I turned in the direction of my car. Slightly running because I felt a sudden burst of emotion and I need an outlet.

 

“She’s here with me at the Avenue. Yuri, I need you to stay where you are.”

 

“Oh, I’m coming for you Sooyoung. Not her.”

 

———————————————————————

 

Jessica.
08.01.17


I prayed for him. A way to a happy family. A good life, perhaps a wonderful experience as a mother. I had the bouquet in my hands, clasped in ethereal promises of joy and companionship in hardships. He is perfect. He is the one.


“Are you ready Sica?” I hear my father asked me through teary eyes, I nodded. Surely ready.

 

Orchids. I am always in love with them. My father always makes them as my little tiara and asks me to be his lowly servant as per he made me his princess. As time goes by, I wondered how the orchids remain as beautiful as they are. And my life is like formed into its likeness. I grew up well. Dancing with Donghae each night. Saying I love you and all, and so I decided, I want my wedding to be filled with it.

 

Dad held my hands in his. Kissed them softly as I giggled whilst wiping a tear escaping his eyes.


“I’ll be okay.” I cooed.

 

The slow motion of my life starts to become a blur when the oak doors of the church flew open. I heaved a breath, mustering a small smile to give everyone and of course, Donghae when I strut in that carpet.

 

However, it was utterly quiet.

 

“Unnie!”


I saw my sister Krystal running towards me like a mad cow. Her little tiara made of orchids is dangling alongside her disheveled hair. At that time, I know something is wrong. Things do flip sometimes.


My heart is starting to well up with an unexplainable feeling of anger and sadness all at the same time. I cramped my feelings in the small confinements of my sweaty palms. Whimpering as I struggle to keep my footing.


Krystal dashed her way outside to collect my raging father. And my mom eventually came to my aid. Kissing me as everyone else watched me. I don’t care if they harbor any pity or they just simply mumbling an I told you so behind those filthy mouths.

 

How? I asked. I guess I can never guess the answer.

 

I tried to look at the pedestal once again, the man that is supposed to be in front waiting for me is not there. Donghae is not there.

 

 

And I ran.

—————————————————————————


Yuri.

08.01.17

 


When you are on your journey in apprehending your girlfriend in such infidelity and her best friend in the most obvious lie in the history of the world, you need a fast car which I have and a road that apparently houses an emergency expressway for those who are damned with this problem. Apparently, the latter is way out of my reach.


I bombarded the horn of my car in the most lethal way possible. It roared of course, but nothing can it do in the traffic causing a rift between me and my so-called freedom. In fact, people like me do not need to be treated like this. Until someone decided that I should be treated like when all I did was make their life a living heaven contrary to beliefs of people around me that I only hand down some extra baggage. Because I am not yet worthy of being trusted. 

 

 

I hurt girls. In the past. I play with them. Also in the past. For all the people in the world that deserves a second chance, it's me. If Tiffany, let's say breaks it off with me, on her birthday for goodness sakes, she would need to return my perfume. Only that it smells like me and of course it is creepy if she will still use it in her body as she devours the new scent of her new beau. Well no. I don't want to be included in some rated anyways. 

 

Still, if she wanted me to stay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter