3. Tenerife Sea — 1

DISCOGRAPHY: Volume II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tenerife Sea

Artist: Ed Sheeran

 

 

 

Dear Diary,

 

Today, nothing’s new. It is like a rollercoaster, experiencing things with ups and downs but at the same time on a same route, no heart wrenching journey that goes to disrupt the loop. I am so tired nowadays, schedules been hectic and even sad to say that I am complaining when I am earning bucks. Today I woke up with nothing but the sunshine to greet me. Like I said, it is not new. And today, I expect that it will, well, still the same. There are people downstairs gawking at the view, I laugh. Not to be dubbed as a nosy person but it is slightly funny. I miss my family, I miss everyone, yeah, even my 4 dollar bargain lamp shade. I have learned a few tricks here and there, from friends who is now experienced in life than me who is apparently still a novice in everything. Maybe, just hoping that maybe today, some spark in my rollercoaster will be able to pull those stained screws that makes my life a living repeating misery of that feeling that I can’t exactly pinpoint at the moment. Okay, I guess I have to put a closing remark in here, because I know your pages have been scribbled by my ranting on how life is boring and all. I still thank you though. Little pink friend.

 

Love,

 

Jessica

 

This feeling right here is a little bliss. I put on a little smile on my lips feeling the gentle breeze of the morning. The porch of this place is exactly like a railway. Moreover, I grimaced. No one is here to put interest too, no one to laugh at secretly and my eyes has no focus. I dropped my pen on the sides of my white jacket, it is about time to start my rollercoaster again.

 

I fumbled on the pockets to find my identification card but hell as I am indeed a long lost memory activist. Did I even put it in my pocket? That I don’t know. Smoke came out of my nose as I huff for the umpteenth time, I am ing late and it is not even funny. When I am about to give up and just consider this day as my unofficial rest day, there is a poke on my shoulder.

 

“Your identification card Miss Jung. What the are you ing doing to even leave this at my dorm room last night?”

 

There it is. My small tinge of happiness.

 

Even when she is ing cursing me I managed to smile sweetly. She looks so cute trying to feign her discomfort at this unusual behavior coming from me. I smiled even wider when she took the liberty to time me in.

 

“I am sorry and Thanks Taeyeon.” I grabbed her hand in mine while she pouted like a small kid.

 

Okay, first and foremost, she is just my bestest friend and to say the least, Yes I am biual, call me gay or whatever. So maybe I gained a little crush on her on our first year but that is all in it. I even admitted that I still feel butterflies when Taeyeon smiles but that is not the point. Falling in love will do nothing but a new set of roller coaster in my life. A new repetitive ups and downs, and I am not going to ing experience such downs every day. For some reason I find the prospect of falling in love as little bit boring too. I know, like in movies and such. Does it even feel different at all?

 

Eventually, Taeyeon snapped my poor mind out of the bubble, waving her cute little hands to gain my attention. I did not notice that we are in the cafeteria full of people who talks too much. She sat in front of me and I smiled again. Her inquisitive look is like a scanner, eyeing me so that she will know what I am thinking. She merely chuckled before nodding.

 

“Okay.  Chicken and soup.” She said as she stood up to line.


 

~~
 

 

“Do you even have to rub your flat on Taeyeon’s backside every ing dinner? Girl we are working in a hotel. Not a motel.”

 

It is our lunch break and this of girl is ing annoying me again like I am her business. How can I ing rub out my off Taeyeon when I am a fellow server in the dining room? In what sense would my flat out be rubbing off Taeyeon’s business if our good for nothing supervisor is one hell of a giant lazy bone cracker. In my years of working, I have only been into one section. And that happens to be beside Taeyeon’s in that matter.

 

“Stay out of your huge nose Tiffany. You can rub your on Taeyeon after shifts too. Now get lost.” I retorted back as I eat my salad in silence.

Gasping is Tiffany’s middle name. Even I am ing sure that she is one of my supervisor. But she is getting y and it is not professional to roast your colleagues just because she is close with your prince charming. Do I even have to explain myself? She is not deserving. And so, I left. Carrying my tray towards the dishes stacked up in the corners of the cafeteria while she follows me like a dragon.

 

“Don’t ing turn your back on me Jessica Jung.”

 

And so I turned. She gasp, again.

 

“Ughmm, so..the housekeeping department needs a few more people in their team. Just for the week.” She cleared .

 

“What?”

 

“Yes. I want you to be that person. I will attend to Taeyeon’s assistance. You will have to contact Mrs. Laurant to sign your name on the list.”

 

I laughed, she is really going to make me rage through storm just so she can have Taeyeon all by herself.

 

“Do I look like a housekeeper to you?” I looked directly into her eyes and she swerved her attention sideways. But her stance looked so dignified that even I have the smallest feeling of fear creeping underneath my skin.

 

“Only for a week Jessica! I am serious when I said that they needed a help in their team.”

 

“So why?”

 

“The presidential suite is currently in renovation because Mr. Kwon’s youngest daughter is going to say with us for a week.” Tiffany urged me to sit on a nearby table which is apparently empty. I know she is now approaching the boundaries of being professional and so I decided to abide with her request.

 

She crumpled her perfectly manicured hands together, her gaze up on me expecting some sort of reaction from what she had said. Like do I even have to give her the usual reaction of gasping? Because I am not really up to that kind of idea. She waited for several minutes after she reacted, this time the opening of is clearly wide. She gawked at me, not believing everything she has said caused a very poor impact on me.

 

“What?” I asked again and Tiffany rolled her eyes.

 

“Kwon Yuri? Ring a bell?”

 

“Yes. I know her.” I say.

 

“Everyone in the hotel is going nuts of her arrival. Who would’ve thought that rebellious little princess will pay a visit here? For what perhaps?” Tiffany’s eyes glittered into pure curiosity.

 

Of course, who would’ve thought about little princess Kwon who is already a favorite among those little es downstairs who works on the housekeeping department. For some reason, the Kwon siblings, Jiyong and Yuri in that matter are Mr. Kwon’s own pure flesh and blood. i.e his son and daughter. Jiyong always visits the hotel, an heir needs familiarization at his wealth. So he needs to be here.

 

One thing that is out of the ordinary is Yuri finally visiting after several millenniums. Taeyeon always rambles about the young daughter’s acts that causes Mr. Kwon to scratch his already scratched head. For some reason, I kind of put an interest in this person. I searched her, of course in the internet. Several articles, okay. Scratch that part. Many articles are posting how the only girl in the empire likes to ride horses and race on cars. In which apparently, Little Kwon is not a princess. She is also a notorious lady killer, last time the issue of her and the top actress Son Yejin is so blatantly true that even I have no qualms in arguing anymore.

 

Of course, as the year’s progresses, people accept those who are only deemed to be acceptable, condemned those who they think have no right. And in fact, Kwon Yuri’s name is a household saint. And so people have been shipping her with every actresses and beautiful women. The double standard is hell prevalent in such matters, but then again, I don’t care.

 

Can you even judge a girl’s own ual preference with an animal and a car that she rides? Take me for example, I am girly, my room is pink, I like to wear dresses, and in contrary, I feel butterflies and rainbows towards my best friend who the last time I checked has s and a dorky and heavenly smile. So yeah, I kinda feel that Yuri is a hidden princess behind her saddle and her helmet. But like I said, I can’t care less. Why would I even have the slightest interest in my boss’ daughter? Even Clarke, the head of the beverage department is so unreachable I need a ladder to even say hi to him. That logic alone is comparable. And so, I concluded that the housekeeping department is beyond mental to even hope for a smile.

 

Yes, and Tiffany too. God, this two timer.

 

“I don’t know. To test the hotel’s new stable?”

 

“You’re funny. But yeah, you are going to be in the hous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter