4. THE ONE

DISCOGRAPHY: Volume II
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DISCOGRAPHY: VOLUME II

 

 

                  THE ONE
Artist: Kodaline

 

 

I was disgusted by the way I reacted and at the same time, I am appalled by what her reaction is. Catering all the strength that I had on that one single slap ended all the agony but started the pain I am dying to experience.

 

She held my hands and then kneeled like I am such a fool. Thinking that I would forgive her that instantly. One second passed and her eyes roamed across mine, several specks of tears already forming and at that moment, I crouched in pain.

 

“I’m sorry.” She almost crushed me with her embrace, it is pleading at most importantly I cannot deviate from the urge to hug her back.


“Why did you do that?”

 

“I’m drunk. I thought she’s you, Sica, I swear I didn’t mean to.”  She kissed the spaces between my fingers. I lost my tears when she wiped it away, looked me in the eyes and told me she loves me.


And I believed it.

                           ———————————


Fast forward to the world three years after, where Yuri is loyal, taking every fiber in her body to work, to love me. I believed her because I knew she never did anything wrong. I loved her because she is that person. The one.


I scrambled over my designs laid on the table for one final inspection. My team doing the best they can to reach the deadline, moreover, things do work with the capacity in splitting yourself over responsibilities and being efficient. I’m 32. I’m established. I’m ready.


The lights on my office grew dim as my eyes fell down, I am so tired. It is by then that the soft shimmer of the ring taking the throne on my finger heated me to wake up. A faint smile appearing on my lips, taking it close and then kissing it softly.


“Okay, I’ll go to her.”

                         ————————————


“Where have you been? I am freezing.” Yuri took me in her arms as she dragged my languid yet cheerful physique over to her car. 


Inside her red Cadillac, I saw her frustration in her in human form, visibly peeking into me. Her eyes molding unto mine, in those brief seconds I saw my girlfriend taking short breaths. As if she is about to say something. But then I continued to stare right back at her.


“It’s okay Yuri. You can handle the cold, it’s quite okay actually. It’s for her, why would you complain?” My cute little dork asked herself in that matter, disregarding the fact that I am beside her. 


Taking constant observation under my belt and peeking over her car dashboard that is playing her favorite song, an instrumental of hush guitar sounds.


I’m most amused at her stages of anger, this time on level 1. Apparently, I am more than ready to witness the last two stages, I love her more for that. Her attitude.


“Well?” She finally looked at me, eyebrows raised and her fingers drumming over the steering wheel. I stuffed my giggles. 


“What?” I asked, resting my chin over my palms. I’m 32 but it does not mean that I am not allowed to act cute towards my super cute and angry girlfriend. 

Yuri’s widened orbs are the only reply that I got. 


“I stayed outside your office because you asked me to pick you up? And then it’s cold and then You came out late, I’m quite angry. So what do you think about that?” She turned over to look at me as she assessed my situation. 

“Are you on level 3 right now?” I laughed.


“What?”


“Come here.” I kissed her chapped lips, feeling her small lips curved. Eventually, my baby cuddled on to my warmth, as she did so, all I have to do is slap her to continue driving. I’m craving street food and what’s better than a late night date?

———————————


I held her close as we alighted down the familiar buzz of Myeongdong. Usually, we would go around wearing disguises and such, fearing the reaction of the people and all. However right now, as I took the time to arrange her cap and scarf, I decided that it would be better to just get on with it. Heck the boundaries, I don’t care anymore.


“Hey! What are you doing?” She bolted unto her strength to keep her cap intact. 


“Let’s just take it off.”


“You’re out of your mind Sica.” Yuri sighed, clamping her cold hands into the confinements of my cold face. Moreover, I could hear her giggling.


“You rash decisions would lash back at you, I suppose your not thinking that I am not proud of you? That I am somehow ashamed?” Her eyes fell right back at me. I nodded, of course, insecurities tend to highlight everything when it comes to secrecy. Like for once, I tried to be rash. We would get caught anyway, what’s the purpose of hiding.

“Not the right time, baby. Not the right time.” She kissed me underneath the blazing moon. The murmurs of people unknown. And I kissed her back, looping my arms around her neck. This time is ours. And ours only.

—————————————

 

 

She somehow noticed my fidgeting. As I scurried my eyes on the vicinity of the rather quiet range on house we had stumbled upon. It’s 3 AM and well, maybe business is slow since the rain is taking a toll over the course of days. 

 

“They’re watching us again.” I felt my chopsticks break. Tearing off the noodles to vent my frustration. How could they even fathom to take responsibility for these acts like they don’t even have to ponder on some simple consideration to start?

 

“It’s their job.” Yuri looked at the obvious camera behind me, a group of black-capped men holding it like a bazooka. Incognito and all, we know.

 

“Yeah of course.” I rolled my eyes.

 

“Sica. If they reveal it, we just have to face the storm together. They’ve been following us for years.” Yuri continued to slurp her noodles. Looking placid. So vastly different from her panicking state when she saw Dispatch on our first date. 

 

“Face the storm together?” I leaned over my seat, moving my cap a little higher. 

 

“Would you face them with me?” She smiled.

 

“You're cheesy.” I asserted, pinching the high nose and the chiseled cheeks. Hiding my blush as I lower my cap once again.

 

“No. I’m realistic.” Yuri stopped eating, putting her chopsticks aside. I didn’t mean to be that insensitive but I have grown a tremendous amount of pleasure into teasing my puppy. 

 

“I’m kidding. Of course, I will.” 

 

“I love you.” I saw her eyes glimmer when she said those words. I stayed silent, processing every bit of sincerity in it. 

 

“I love you too. So much. More than you could ever imagine.”

 

She fell back on to her chair to laugh. 

 

“You're cheesy.” 

 

“No. I’m being realistic.”

————————————

 

I stayed behind the couch to loop my arms and watch her play with her like usual. Sure, she loves dogs, sure she loved her as a friend. And sure enough, she loves her more than a friend. My dense girlfriend happens to be a natural densely made human.


My stylist and I share some mutual friends with Yuri. We’ve gone to the cafe to catch up only to realize she is there as well. I don’t care as long as Yuri goes back to me as the sun sets. I don’t even have

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter