Maybe One Day I will actually figure out the plot of this story. (lmao probably not.)

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

Youngjae woke up to being crushed by two heavy hybrids and like before he kicked both of them out of his bed. He had shown both hybrids their rooms a few nights ago but they still preferred to sleep in his bed. It was probably a weird hybrid thing, like how dogs and cats like to sleep in their owner’s bed if allowed. The ceo ignored the two grumpy hybrids in favor of taking a shower, triple checking the lock because a certain two hybrids liked to try and join him. When Youngjae walked out the bathroom, Junhong slipped past him to use the bathroom while Jongup appeared to have went back to sleep, taking up as much bed as possible. The human chuckled under his breath and ruffled the sleeping hybrid’s hair, sure his new pets were a “little” strange but they were pretty adorable. Jongup nuzzled his head against his owner’s hand and smiled in his sleep. Youngjae didn’t notice how much time had passed until Junhong exited the bathroom and demanded attention as well. Jongup grumbled when Youngjae had stopped petting him but got up to shower as well.

“We have a few hours before we have to leave for the appointment, what should we do?” Youngjae asked as he dried the younger’s hair with a towel. Over the course of a few days, Youngjae had learned that his hybrids were the type who liked to be showered with affection and pampurred like kings, which the ceo didn’t mind doing since they were so cute.

“Hmmm, we should probably eat before we go. Can we get fast food? Like those breakfast thingys.” Junhong asked and Youngjae didn’t see any harm so he agreed. Once Junhong’s hair was dry enough, he handed Youngjae a pet brush and the ceo went to work on brushing the bushy skunk tail until it was silky smooth while the hybrid styled his pink hair. Lastly Youngjae pulls out a bottle of artificial preening oil and gently runs his fingers through each feather, coating them in the oil. Jongup easily pushes Junhong out of the way and sits in front of Youngjae eagerly, the process is repeated and Youngjae is left with two very happy hybrids purring at the attention.

“Alright you two get dressed, we have to leave soon if we want to get breakfast before the appointment.” Youngjae explained. Jongup happily went through his owner’s wardrobe while Junhong wrinkled his nose. It wasn’t that the youngest hybrid didn’t enjoy wearing his owner’s clothes, it was just that most of the clothing was waaay to small so Junhong was usually left with worn out baggy clothes that were more like Pj’s then actual clothes. The tall hybrid bitterly slipped on the clothes he wore when he first met Youngjae, since they fit and were stylish, while Jongup wore clothes that were embedded in their owner’s scent.

“You should get bigger clothes.” Junhong pouted as he draped himself over Youngjae.

“Don’t worry, once we get all the papers settle, we’ll go clothes shopping tomorrow. I don’t mind sharing clothes but I would like my wardrobe back.” Youngjae announced and both hybrids nodded eagerly. Sure the hybrids absolutely loved rolling around in Youngjae’s scent but it would be nice to have something that was theirs, that also meant there chance of their owner wearing something with their scent on it and that was even better.

“Soooo how are we going to do this whole appointment thing.” Junhong asked as they walked towards the car.

“I have a friend who works at the H.R.D and he’s setting us up with a “no questions asked” appointment.” Youngjae explained as he texted his bodyguards about his departcher. 

“Is he really just going to give us all the paperwork without any questions?” Jongup asked with a frown, surely it couldn’t be this easy.

“Well, he’ll ask the basic questions and we might have to tell him about the whole mixed animals thing but we can keep all the personal details to ourselves or at least the important ones.” Youngjae said. “But let's save that for later, where do you want to eat?” The two hybrids looked out the car windows as they drove through the city streets, randomly reading out names until Jongup finally decided on good ol’ mickey d’s. The ceo drove through the drive through and ignored the cashier when she stared bewilderedly at him. The two hybrids ate happily in the backseat and would occasionally feed their owner a bite or two as they drove to the H.R.D building.

“Are we going to eat that inside?” Junhong asked as they walked towards the building. It took Youngjae a few mintues to find a parking spot nearish the building.

“No, this is for Youngjae since he’s doing us a huge favor.” The human answered.

“Why are you talking in the third person? Please don’t tell me this is going to be a thing.” Jongup muttered and Youngjae rolled his eyes.

“Youngjae is also the name of my friend. We can call him Mr.Choi if that helps.” The ceo opened the door to the H.R.D build and both hybrids went silent as they walked inside. The air smelt sterile and stale, the floors were glossy tiles, the lights were bright, and there was no sound except for their footsteps. It was just like the institute they were made in. Youngjae looked over his shoulder when he felt light tugs on his sleeve.

“What’s wrong?” The human asked.

“Doesn’t something feel off about this place?” Junhong answered with a question of his own. Youngjae looked around and made accidental eye contact with the lady working the front desk, they shared polite smiles before Youngjae turned back to his hybrids.

“Not really? I mean it has a hospital vibe but that’s mostly because it is techanlly a hospital, a hybrid hospital.” Youngjae explained with a confused tone. “Why?”

“I dunno… It just reminds me of... y’know.” Junhong muttered and Jongup silently agreed, both hybrids felt uneasy.

“O-oh…” Youngjae didn’t know what to say. “Well, this place is a safe place for hybrids… Umm… How about we just get this over with quickly then?” Youngjae stammered out, ushering his hybrids towards the front desk, where the lady once again smiled at them. Youngjae told her about their appointment and she gave them directions to their room. The trio walked into the room and Youngjae greeted them and gestures for them to sit down, he closed the door and locked it for good measure.

“Where should we start?” Youngjae asked.

“Could you see if they’re already registered? The place I bought them from seemed to be a legit business but you never know I guess.” Youngjae explained and gave the other Youngjae both of his hybrids’ names.

“Alright. While I do that do you want to fill out these papers?” Youngjae handed a clipboard and pen over to the other Youngjae. The forms were the basic hospital check up stuff but they raised plenty of questions.

“Are you allergic to anything? Have you gotten any shots? How tall are you? Your weight? Any mental illnesses? Do you take any medication?” Etc. All these questions were either met with shrugs or no’s. Youngjae chuckled softly and said they could set up another appointment for shots and an allergy test. The ceo filled out everything he could and handed the forms back to the doctor.

“Okay, so both of your hybrids were registered by the GriffinSiren institute, which was destroyed almost a week ago. That’s probably why you were never given any papers, they probably forgot to mail them before they closed down.” Youngjae informed them and the trio paled slightly. “Don’t worry I can easily ask for all the documents since it’s the company’s fault for not sending them.” Youngjae typed a few things into his computer. “I’ll have an intern bring them here before you leave.”

“So, they building was destroyed?” Youngjae asked making his voice sound more curious then panicked.

“Yeah, I guess they were planning it for a while, the clean up crew has already cleared the area of all the rubble. I think someone else has already bought the land but I’m not sure.” Youngjae mused out loud and Youngjae relaxed in his chair, no one knew about dead bodies, good. “Do you want to start the actual check up now?” Youngjae asked, tilting his head to the side.

“Sure.” The ceo answered and amusingly watched his hybrids nervously do what the doctor told them to do. Jongup went first and quickly perked up when the doctor offered him a sticker and a lollipop. Once Junhong saw the prize he impatiently waited for his turn and happily took the candy and sticker when the check up was over. Thankfully, the doctor didn’t notice the horns and didn’t see the wings.

“Oh yeah! This is for you, I completely forgot.” Youngjae handed Youngjae the mickey d’s bag sheepishly.

“I was wondering why you were holding that but I didn’t want to get my hopes up.” Youngjae laughed. The meal was cold now but it was nothing a few seconds in the microwave couldn’t fix. There was a knock at the door and Youngjae opened the door and took the folders from the intern. “Here are all of your hybrids’ documents, birth certificate, social security, and hybrid registration. I even made legal copies for you so keep the originals in a safe place.” Ah, there was something missing…

“Ummm, you know that no questions asked thing?” Youngjae asked.

“Yeah?”

“I need adoption papers.” Youngjae laughed nervously and the other Youngjae just gave him The Look™ before sighing loudly.

“I’ll see what I can do but that was the one things the institute should have given you. Sorry but I have to ask this question, You did buy them right?” Youngjae asked as he started typing into his computer. Both hybrids froze completely, they were runaways of course they weren’t bought but Youngjae wasn’t freaking out so they calmed down.

“I have the receipts just not the official papers.” Youngjae handed two slips of paper to the doctor, who glanced at the receipts and nodded his head.

“Lucky for you, I can get you adoption papers under the H.R.D since the original company does not exist anymore, but your hybrids will have to sign a few things.” Youngjae got up and left the room to get all the necessary papers. Youngjae let out the breath he didn’t know he was holding.

“Are we home free?” Junhong asked and his owner nodded happily.

“But it was so easy…” Jongup mumbled.

“Well, that’s the power of friendship for you.” Youngjae giggled. “If this was anyone else, they would have busted my balls for every little detail and even then you guys would have probably been taken away since I didn’t have the adoption papers.” Youngjae leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes.

“I’m glad everything worked out.” Junhong said softly, both Jongup and Youngjae hummed in agreement.

“Does this mean we can leave the house?” Jongup asked.

“Not yet, I have to get id cards for both of you and maybe a chip.” Youngjae scratched his chin in thought.

“A chip?” Junhong chirped.

“It’s a little device that holds all your information on it. If you get seperated from Youngjae for whatever reason someone can check the chip and give you back.” Youngjae answered as he walked into the room. “Also, both of your hybrids are chipped already. They also have a tracking chip but Junhong’s seems to be offline, you may have to replace it since we don’t know the password to it.” Youngjae continued as he sat down again.

“I-i know the password.” Junhong stuttered quietly. The youngest hybrid told the doctor the password and he turned the tracking chip on while the ceo helped his hybrids fill out the papers.

“Looks like we’re all done here.” Youngjae said as he looked over the papers one more time before carefully putting them away into the folder and filing away his own copies. “Everything is all set, you have all the documents, I’ve updated all the information, and both Jongup and Junhong are perfectly healthy.” Youngjae listed off and everyone cheered.

“Thanks again, I owe you one.” Youngjae said as they walked out the door.

“It’s no problem, come back if you need anything else. See you.” Youngjae waved and everyone waved back. The trio got back into the car and decided to go home, everyone was tried from the long day at the H.R.D. When they walked inside the house, Daehyun greeted them alongside the smell of dinner cooking in the oven.