Always read the fine print, when getting a cat… Roll credits! (But not really)

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

Youngjae didn’t know when he finally fell asleep last night but he felt well rested and ready to punch the sun. Daehyun wobbled into the kitchen and was shocked to see the younger bouncing around the kitchen with the energy equivalent to a child high on sugar.

“You okay?” Daehyun asked, sitting down at the table.

“Yeah, I’m just so excited!” Youngjae chirped as he placed down a stack of pancakes in front of the older.

“I can tell, I thought aliens abducted you and replaced you with a look alike.” Daehyun stuffed his mouth with the fluffy pancakes.

“Maybe they did, who knows.” Youngjae rolled his eyes and started eating as well.

“Have fun with checking out hybrids, I have to get to work.” Daehyun giggled as he happily remembered that today was his first line recording with Yongguk.

“Good luck with that.” Youngjae called out form the kitchen. “Hmmm, I should probably get going as well.” Youngjae thought out loud to himself. He got up from the table then went back to his room to shower and change out of pjs. Wearing a freshly ironed suit and his fluffy hair styled neatly, (because he never knows when paparazzi will show up) Youngjae left the house with a big grin on his face. He put the hybrid selling company’s address into the gps then followed the directions to said building. The building was surprisingly in the middle of an open field and it honestly looked like a farmer had decided to build a four story office building instead of a traditional farmhouse. Youngjae entered the building and was greeted by a worker, who quickly took him to the top floor to meet the boss.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mr.Yoo.” The boss, Kim Jungwook, greeted holding his hand out.

“It’s a pleasure to be here, Mr.Kim.” Youngjae shook the man’s hand.

“I’ll bring Minseo up right away and if you’re not interested in her, we do have a few others you may like.” Jungwook stated as he made his way towards the door.

“Alright, thank you for your hospitality.” Youngjae replied back. The door was closed and the ceo found himself bored out of his mind. There wasn’t much inside the office just a chair and a desk with a computer and a family photo on top. He was hoping to explore the building a bit since he’s never been to a hybrid facility before but he settled for sitting down at the desk. Youngjae was swiveling back and forth when a loud alarm blared outside the office door and he heard a loud metal bang against the door. What’s going on? He thought to himself as he walked up to the door, it was locked. The ceo quickly went back to the desk and shook the computer’s mouse to light up the monitor, maybe whatever was going on would be reported to this computer, it was Youngjae’s only option at the moment. Instead of finding out what was happening right now, he found a bunch of files and reports about what this place actually was. At first glance it seemed like the building was originally used for animal genetic research then it was turned into a hybrid distribution facility but the more he read the more twisted it got.

To put it in simple words, the “researchers” working here weren’t studying animals genes, they were splicing animal genes with humans and then tried to sell said spliced hybrids to people or at least that was what they were going to do. It seemed all the workers suddenly gained morals and realized what they were doing was wrong, which was why they were shutting the place down. Out of the 50 “surviving experiments” only 5 were deemed a success, while the others were going to be “disposed” of and apparently there were 3 escapees, who were never found and are presumed dead since it was confirmed by previous experiments that the failures wouldn't live long without proper care and nourishment.

“What the actual did I get myself into.” Youngjae muttered to himself as he processed all this information. Okay one, where the did they get all these kids, it’s not like they could have adopted them from an orphanage or some, someone would have noticed and two how the hell do I get out of here asap. Youngjae looked around the room, he tried the door again but it wouldn’t budge. Next he tried the windows but they also didn’t open, plus he was on the fourth floor, so he couldn’t survive the fall. Lastly he looked threw all the desk drawers, it was mostly papers but there were a few tools in the bottom drawer. He took the screwdriver and went back to the locked door, he unscrewed the door hinges then pulled on the door. Youngjae let out a frustrated, closed mouth scream, the door wasn’t locked, noooo, the door was blocked by a larger metal door.

“You’ve got to be ting me!” The ceo angrily kicked the door but quickly jumped back when something slammed against the door in return. The metal door and the wall surrounding it is suddenly torn off like paper. Yup, this is the end. This is where Youngjae dies. Oh so sad. Youngjae backs up into the corner as a large monster walks into the room. The monster looked like a wolf on some hardcore steroids, it had black fur, bright green eyes, sharp green claws, and green horns coming out from the sides of its head. Youngjae also noticed some tuffs of green fur but that didn’t matter at the moment because he was about to die. Like any person in his situation, the ceo tried to melt into the corner and slid down the wall onto his . The monster slowly approached and plopped its head right into Youngjae’s lap. He felt something wet seep into his pants but he was too terrified to even try and think about that. The monster seemed content in laying in the man’s lap and Youngjae was slowly warming up to the beast. He swallowed thickly before petting the monster’s soft fur, to his surprise the monster grotesquely shifted into a normal looking hybrid, who seemed to be purring happily. Looking down at his hand, Youngjae noticed it was covered in a red liques. Aw man, who doesn’t love some strawberry sauce, am I right? Hahaha… what the . Youngjae was silently battling himself in his head when the hybrid looked up at him, wondering why the petting has stopped. The “hybrid” let out a whine and pressed his head into Youngjae’s hand.

“Okay, Okay, calm down I’ll pet you, geez.” Youngjae snorted… The action was so cute that Youngjae momentarily forgot that this adorable hybrid was actually a cold blooded monster, who is covered in bloo- strawberry sauce.

“When do we go home?” The monster asked innocently.

“Ummm whenever you want, I guess…” Youngjae’s eyes widened. “Wait, the do you mean “go home?” you just killed a bunch of people. What the kkkk.” Youngjae hissed then quickly slapped his free hand onto his mouth. Thank god it was clean from any... strawberry sauce.

“You’re here to buy a hybrid right? Well, I’m the only one left so you have to take me.” The “hybrid” pouted.

“I mean, I guess,” Youngjae tutted. “But you need to clean off first, I can’t have blood- I mean strawberry sauce dirtying my car.” The “hybrid” nodded and got up to go wherever. Youngjae blushed when he saw that the hybrid was . Shaking his head, Youngjae quickly got up, this was his chance to escape. He got to his car and jumped inside, he cursed his hands for shaking so much but he finally started his car. Youngjae let out a sigh of relief as he drove down the street, he pressed the radio button and music started to play.

“What’s this?” The hybrid asked from the passenger sit.

“It’s-” Youngjae screamed and almost crashed the car into the side of the road.

“What’s wrong!” The hybrid yelled.

“How the did you get in here?” Youngjae yelled back.

“I was waiting for you.” The hybrid said.

“O-oh… Cool…” Youngjae smiled nervously. “Oh god, you’re still !”

“I don’t have any clothes.” The hybrid stammered.

“I think I have some in the back. Youngjae regretted opening his mouth because his rearview mirror was filled with hybrid . The hybrid puts on the spare jacket that was back there, he was still from the waist down but at least he was somewhat covered.

“Soooo, what’s your name?” Youngjae asked.

“Jongup, and yours?”

“Youngjae.”

“Oh wait, I almost forgot.” Jongup pressed a red button on a remote control. The building they just left was suddenly engulfed by flames and explosions.

“What the was that!” Youngjae yelled.

“I’m covering our tracks.” Jongup shrugged.

“You mean your tracks.” Youngjae huffed.

“Nope, ours. We’re partners in crime now.” Jongup chirped.

“Well, that’s wonderful.” Youngjae said sarcastically.

“It is!” Jongup leaned over the armrest and rested his head against Youngjae. The ceo was regretting everything but he noticed something, Jongup was technically a dog hybrid, not a cat hybrid… What a rip... At least he’s cute. Yeah, that’s it, look on the brighter side Youngjae. They pull up to the front gate of his house but Youngjae stops when he sees a security guard fighting someone in front.

“What’s going on officer.” Youngjae asks and gets a good look at the person struggling against the guard. “OH! Zelo!”

“Do you know this person, Mr.Yoo?” The security guard asks.

“Uhh, yeah, he’s a guest? Or umm, my new hybrid?” Youngjae struggled to think of the right thing to say but Zelo nodded eagerly with him.

“I’m terribly sorry, sir but I was just-”

“I know, you were just doing your job.” Youngjae cut the guard off. “If you don’t mind I would like to go inside now.”

“O-of course sir. Have a good day.” The guard quickly walked away. Youngjae opened the gate.

“Go wait by the front door.” Youngjae waved at Zelo, who quickly nodded and bolted inside the gated area. The ceo got back inside the car and was met with a very pissy Jongup.

“Why is he here!?” Jongup pouts.

“Do you know him?” Youngjae asks. If Jongup knows him then that can only mean one thing… The human had two monsters living in his home now… Three if Daehyun is included because damn, can that man eat, he’s like a bottomless pit.

“He’s one of the escapees, Junhong. How is he still alive?” Jongup squinted at the other hybrid standing near the front door already.

“Well, we can ask him once we get inside.” Youngjae states as he parks the car. “Wait, I thought his name was Zelo?” But he was only met with a shrug from Jongup. Zelo or Junhong glares when he sees Jongup exit the car and walks alongside Youngjae. The ceo could already tell it was going to be a long day… And based on Zelo’s tail, Youngjae assumed he wasn’t a cat hybrid either. This is what the human gets for not reading the fine print.

 

(A/N): When I was originally planning this fic, it was titled “Hybrid Au with a twist.” Can you guess what the “twist” was? Yup, I always love me some good ol’ monsters.

P.S. It was planned from the beginning that Youngjae wouldn’t get any cat hybrids. Hence the title of the fic lmao.