Meet the Yoos

Always read the fine print, when getting a cat.

Youngjae was relaxing in bed with Jongup while Junhong took his shower. Daehyun was off with Yongguk talking about the album so the trio had the house to themselves. The ceo had thought about going out but nothing seemed more appealing than spending some alone time with his beloved hybrids and so far the day was going amazing. Sure it wasn’t an amazing adventure but sometimes just taking time to relax is the best. Youngjae jumps when he hears his phone ping. It was a text from his grandmother.

 

Dear Youngjae:

I am shocked to learn that you have purchased hybrids without telling us anything. If you do not come over for dinner tonight with your new additions, we’ll be forced to come to you and we all remember what happened the last time your father visited you.

Love Grandma.

 

Youngjae reads the message again just to make sure he read it right. “She does know this is a text and not a letter right?”

“What’s a text and not letter?” Junhong asks when he finally emerges from the shower.

“My grandmother wants us to come over for dinner.” Youngjae answers the younger hybrid while he sends a reply to his grandmother.

 

Dear Grandma:

Okay.

Love Youngjae.

 

Youngjae looks up and notices his two hybrids staring at him with unreadable faces. “What?” He asks.

“Your Grandmother wants to meet us?” Jongup replies with his own question.

“The whole family wants to meet you, so it’s my grandparents and parents.” Youngjae explains.

“Why do they want to meet us?” Junhong didn’t know how he felt about meeting his owner’s parents. Would they like him? Would they make Youngjae get rid of him? So many questions floated around in his head.

“Eh, they’re probably curious. You know how parents are when they hear their child has a lover.” Youngjae pauses once he finishes. “S-sorry, that came out wrong, I shouldn’t have said that.” The ceo face plammed, he always forgot that his hybrids didn’t have normal childhoods.

“I feel like we’ve watched enough tv to understand what you’re getting at.” Jongup pats Youngjae on the shoulder.

“Should we bring a gift or something?” Junhong nervously chews on his bottom lip. Youngjae took a moment to think about it.

“Probably some wine, maybe some chocolate if we can find some swiss chocolate.” The ceo’s parents were very picky about their chocolate, if it wasn’t swiss they didn’t want it but Youngjae on the other hand could down a family pack of M&Ms in an hour. Youngjae pulled both his hybrids close and scratched behind their ears. “You don’t have to be so nervous, my family only wants to meet you, this isn’t some sort of test or anything.” He said to hopefully calm his pets down.

According to Junhong, dinner had arrived too soon. Everything was fine when they were shopping for top shelf wines and hunting for swiss chocolate. Hell, even the drive to Youngjae’s grandparent’s mansion wasn’t as nerve wracking but now they were standing in front of the door and Junhong was ready to jump into busy traffic. Jongup wasn’t as nervous as the younger hybrid, he was honestly ready to get this over with so he could take a nap. The older hybrid fought back a yawn when the door opened and an elderly woman greeted them.

“You’re here right on time, Come in come in.” She moved out of the doorway to let the trio in. “You’re mother is in the kitchen, go help her.” Youngjae handed her the wine and she thanked him. Before the hybrids could follow their owner, the elderly woman asked them to follow her to the dining room to help set the table. “You’re names are Junhong and Jongup, right?” Grandma Yoo asks them, while she took a seat in one of the chairs.

“I’m Jongup, that’s Junhong.” The older hybrid answered with a polite smile. He spotted the dishes neatly stacked at one end of the table and went to setting the table. Junhong on the other hand decided to sit next to Grandma Yoo, who instantly started to pinch his cheeks and coo.

“So, has my grandson been treating you well?” Grandma Yoo asks after finally letting go of Junhong’s cheeks.

“Yes, he’s very nice.” Junhong chirped and Jongup nodded in agreement.

“He takes very good care of us.” Jongup added. The older hybrid was placing the wine glasses down when he noticed one of them was dirty. “I’m going to switch this one out.” He told the other two before heading towards the kitchen. Jongup was about to open the door but paused when he heard arguing on the other side.

“I just don’t see why you’re getting so worked up about this.” Youngjae hissed.

“I’m not getting worked up, I’m just trying to understand why you bought hybrids instead of getting a normal lover.” Mr.Yoo explained.

“I dunno know, you sound pretty mad.” Youngjae tutted back.

“Your attitude isn’t necessary.”

“My attitude is always necessary, it’s the only thing keeping this conversation interesting.”

“Can we get back on topic.” Mr.Yoo sighed.

“I got hybrids because they’re cute then feelings developed and now we’re here. It’s not hard to understand.” Youngjae said boredly.

“Okay, but why two? Isn’t one lover enough.”

“You should have gotten more.” Grandpa Yoo interrupted. “Like an army, then no one could stand in your way.”

“Where would I keep an army of hybrids?” Youngjae asked the elderly man.

“You could build an apartment or something, or maybe a secret underground base.”

“I think you’ve been watching too many sci fi movies, grandpa. But a secret underground base sound cool, so I’ll think about it.” Youngjae high fived his grandpa, while his father groaned.

“I think you lost this battle.” Mrs.Yoo chimed in, patting her husband’s shoulder in fake condolences.

“Are you not bothered by our son’s situation?” Mr.Yoo asks.

“Please I live for rebellion, plus you’re only mad you lost the bet.” Mrs.Yoo snorted.

“What bet?” Youngjae glares at his parents.

“Your dad bet that you were straight and I bet that you were gay.” His mother shrugs.

“Well you’re both wrong, I’m ace.” Youngjae stuck his tongue out childishly.

“Ha! I won.” Grandpa Yoo high fived his grandson again. The conversation is suddenly interrupted by someone knocking on the door. Jongup pokes his head into the room.

“Umm, sorry to interrupt but I need to switch this glass.” The hybrid held the glass up nervously.

“Oh! Sure thing,” Mrs.Yoo quickly went to the glass cupboard and pulled out a clean wine glass. “Here you go sweetheart.” she said as she handed the hybrid the glass and took the dirty one.

“Thank you.” Jongup squeaked out before scurrying out the kitchen.

“...”

“I know, he’s adorable.” Youngjae said smugly. Mrs.Yoo rolled her eyes before telling everyone to help take the plates of food out. The two hybrids perked up when they heard everyone come into the dining room, carrying various plates of food. Soon everything was set down and wine was poured into empty glasses. All in all, the dinner wasn’t as awkward as Junhong thought it would be.

“Good night boys, drive safely.” Mrs.Yoo was the last one to wish them farewell before Youngjae drove away from the house. When they got home Jongup insisted on watching a movie before they went to bed. Youngjae was sitting in the middle, being slowly crushed by his two cuddly lovers but he didn’t mind because there was nothing better than being surrounded by the ones he loved most. Until Daehyun came home and jumped on all of them, spilling the popcorn everywhere.

 

The End.

 

 

 

(A/N): Wooooo it's finally finished! (and it didn't take two weeks this time lmao.) 
I just want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to read this! It really does mean a lot. 
And also a bigger thank you to everyone who commented on it! Those comments really helped me keep going even when I lost interest because I honestly don't have the mentality to write long stories, I'm more of a oneshot type of gal.

(The sad thing is I already have another idea I want to write and it might be another long fic soooo keep an eye for that, I guess. Anyone like a gods au? It's going to be an ot6 b.a.p fic.)