Here we go Again

Whatever You Need me to be

Jun smiled wide at everyone. “Sorry we got here late. This one had to just finish the last manuscript he got from work before we left. We were almost late to our flight.”

Wonwoo gave him a half glare and a half pout.

Jeonghan just smiled. He was Joshua’s boyfriend; he’d know who they were but as he wasn’t introduced yet it was better to wait.

But this is where Junhui ended up. In a steady relationship. Jeonghan could remember the Chinese man who laughed at the thought of falling in love with a customer and shook his head every time one of the others talked about the possibility.

Jeonghan remembered one day Jun didn’t show up for assignments anymore. Seungkwan shrugged and said that Jun resigned. Jeonghan thought Jun just found a better job or decided enough was enough and went back to China. But it looks like Jun stopped working because he found love.

Now, Jeonghan just needed him to not blow his cover. Or else everything would get messy, and fast.

Jun didn’t even so much as twitch. He kept his smile big and wide. “Oh? Are you Joshua hyung’s new boyfriend?”

Joshua nodded. Getting up, he walked over to Jeonghan, nearly planting himself on his lap as he sat on Jeonghan’s right thigh. “This is Jeonghan. He’s my age.”

Wrapping his arm around Joshua’s hips, Jeonghan tugged him close before smiling up at Jun and Wonwoo. “Yoon Jeonghan. Nice to meet you two.”

Wonwoo bowed lightly, well as much as he could anyhow since Jun was latched onto his arm like a long limpet. “Nice to meet you.”

Grinning, Jun bowed as well. “You’re treating Joshua hyung well?” He let go of Wonwoo’s arm, gently waving his hand towards Joshua’s beloved guard dogs, who all swiveled their heads like they could smell blood. “They’ll make sure you are. Or else.”

Joshua burst into giggles, leaning into Jeonghan’s side, warm and smelling a bit like vanilla. Odd that Jeonghan decided to give Joshua a sniff now, but who was he to complain. Joshua was close and cute. And even his giggling did things to his insides; Jeonghan could listen to him laugh for hours.

“I’m a big boy,” Joshua said. “I can take care of myself.” He shot them all a look of warning.

Minghao didn’t even bother looking contrite. Seokmin gave a sheepish smile. Mingyu adopted a puppy like look, as if he could play off that he was capable enough to turn into a wolf if needed.

“Of course,” Jun agreed, reaching out to hug Joshua.

Seeing this, Joshua got up from Jeonghan’s thigh and let himself be enveloped into Jun’s arms. Jun went in for a nuzzle, using it to shoot Jeonghan a look that spoke volumes. They’d talk later. For now, they’d pretend that they just met and Jeonghan was a stranger to their little circle.


Mingyu frowned, his lips forming into a pout. Joshua saw the signs of a full blown whine. And when Mingyu whined he whined loud enough that everyone could hear him.

“Mingyu,” Joshua warned, his voice quiet.

He pouted even harder. “I don’t see why you have to go with your boyfriend. It’s not like he’s going to disappear. You haven’t seen us in a long time.” Mingyu didn’t even bother trying to hide the whiny undertone in his voice.

Joshua opened his mouth to respond but Seokmin jumped in.

“Yea!” He pouted as well. “It’s been three years since you’ve seen us and it’s just a shopping trip.” Moving, he wrapped himself around Joshua, hugging him close.

“It’s not like he’s going to die without you by his side,” Minghao said, softly looking at his fingernails nonchalantly. “He’s a big boy.”

Joshua’s eyebrows rose. They were being a bit aggressive against Jeonghan. Well, it was going to happen one way or another. Joshua bringing anyone was bound to get their defenses up.

It would’ve been cute if Joshua didn’t actually want to spend time with Jeonghan. Problem was that Joshua did want to be by his “boyfriend”. Not that he didn’t love them to bits but a date would be nice.

Jeonghan who had been by Joshua’s side, the one not occupied by Seokmin, laughed at Minghao’s words. “True.” He smirked, “I am a big boy.” He took Joshua’s hands in his, squeezing it. “It’s ok Shua. I can go with Jun to get the other stuff while you go with them. We’ll have a date later. Just ourselves.”

It got tense as the words date was thrown out. Hilarious since Jeonghan and Joshua were dating, yet they were angry over it.

But instead of saying anything, he let Jeonghan bring his hands up to his lips to lay a kiss on Joshua’s fingertips. Joshua ignored the fake gagging sounds, the glares, and the surprised eyebrows for the on Jeonghan’s face. The man was a fantastic actor. He looked besotted, the sort of eyes that a fiancé or a new groom would give. Joshua felt loved, truly. He just needed to remember that it was fake.

“Ok,” Joshua said, “it’s a promise.” He leaned in, ignoring the way Seokmin tried to subtly pull him back, giving Jeonghan a kiss on the cheek. As he pulled away, he saw a hint of pink on Jeonghan’s cheeks. Was he blushing for real? If only. “See you later.”

Jeonghan nodded, moving away to let them all leave.


He felt a thump to his back, a body collided with his.

“Guess it’s time for us to get going to get our part of the dinner.” Jun grinned at Jeonghan.

“Sure,” Jeonghan said, gently shrugging him off. “Let’s go.”

The two of them walked out of the house and got in the car, Jeonghan in the driver’s seat. Starting the car, Jeonghan slowly backed out and onto the road.

“Let’s talk,” Jun said quietly. “Long time no see hyung.”