My Heart Says Whoa

Whatever You Need me to be

He sat on the window seat that over looked the view. But Jeonghan had his eyes trained on a different sort of view. One that was in front of his face. Joshua’s sleeping figure.

Joshua was a quiet breather, his body moving in tandem with his steady quiet in and out noises. The sun peeked into their room, lighting things. The low rays of the red, oranges from dusk illuminated Joshua in a rather breathtaking way. Joshua was by far the prettiest client he had in his career as a fake boyfriend. And this was coming from one of the most handsome men in the world, if Jeonghan said himself.

His peaceful face made Jeonghan want to join him in that bed. He felt the urge to cuddle Joshua and hold him close, to be the big spoon and just be near him. Watching such a beautiful person just be cowed didn’t sit right with him. Jeonghan wanted him to smile, not frown. Much like he was now.

Joshua’s eyebrows scrunched up in his sleep. He frowned, hands clenching. Jeonghan found himself frowning as well. Walking over to Joshua, he bent down, gently massaging the furrow in between Joshua’s brows. His frown slowly dropped, snuggling into the pillows once again. Jeonghan couldn’t resist the urge to softly pet Joshua’s hair a few times, just to calm him down. On the last , Jeonghan let his hand wander, the backs of his fingers gently caressing Joshua’s cheek.

Joshua at that moment chose to push his face into Jeonghan’s hand, almost startling him into pulling away. But Jeonghan relaxed as Joshua’s eyes were still closed and he relaxed into the blankets and pillows once again. Indulging himself, Jeonghan gently ran his thumb down Joshua’s cheek to his jawline, smiling at the soft skin before lifting his hand away.

His phone also felt the need to start vibrating, indicating that someone was calling him. Getting up, he walked into the bathroom that was connected to their room, closing the door quietly. “Hello?”

“Yah, Yoon Jeonghan,” Seungkwan said slowly, as if he were trying to explain something complicated to a child, “why did you text me that you had an emergency right after you texted me you were all right? Sending conflicting messages isn’t something you do for fun.”

Chuckling, Jeonghan leaned against the counter. “I made it all right. Joshua’s nice.” A small secretive smile flitted across his lips, “Cute even.”

“Then why say you’re having an emergency? Unless he’s a secretly a person who wants to do things with your body?!”

Jeonghan crouched down, holding in what would be a laughing fit. Instead he coughed, trying to get it out softly so he wouldn’t disturb Joshua’s sleep. Letting it subside, he cleared his throat. “No. It’s an emergency because I needed places to take him. I’m a doting boyfriend. And what doting boyfriend doesn’t take his lover out on dates so they can be sickeningly cute together?” He grinned hearing silence on Seungkwan’s end.

“Come on now,” he cajoled, “you’re a Jeju native. Help me out here.”

Seungkwan asked slowly, “Are you just being this attentive because it’s your job? Because if you are then who the hell are you and what did you do to Yoon Jeonghan?”

“Hey,” Jeonghan said dryly. “I do my job well. I’m nice and caring.”

“But never this attentive,” Seungkwan argued back. “Listen alien who took over Jeonghan hyung’s body. Leave it. It’s worthless, he gets tired easily and likes sleep more than anything. His handsome looks aren’t worth that.”

Eyebrows twitching, Jeonghan felt a bit of anger rise. He huffed. “Boo Seungkwan,” he scolded, “either you tell me places to take him or I’m calling your mom.”

“You stay away from her when you’re with a client,” Seungkwan hissed. “She can’t know.” He sighed. “Let me email you a list of places. You manipulator. Fake angel.”

Jeonghan tsked. “Madam Boo wouldn’t like hearing about this. I wonder how she’s doing. She must miss updates about her son.”

Seungkwan growled. “Snake. Don’t say anything to her.”

“I won’t. I won’t,” Jeonghan reassured him.

Scoffing, Seungkwan warned once more. “Do your job.” Quietly, voice filled with something akin to pity, “Don’t fall in love.”

“Of course not,” Jeonghan said with a small chuckle. “I know better than that. I want that email soon.”

“Yea, yea.” Seungkwan hung up, clearly tired of Jeonghan and whatever the hell he was doing.

Jeonghan heard a knock. Hurrying, he left the bathroom, nearly lunging across the room to get to the door before Joshua could wake up.

He almost yanked the door open. “Yes?”

Jeonghan resisted the urge to snarl. Standing right outside their room, knocking as he would please was the reason why he was here in the first place. But Jeonghan played professional. For Joshua’s sake. “Oh.” He pitched his voice low, airy like he was relaxed. “How can I help you?”

He shouldn’t have been so delighted to see Seungcheol’s face fall, but god damn did he want to cackle.

“Uhh.” He was clearly trying not to look disappointed and rather angry, but Jeonghan could see the scrunch in between his brows and the way Seungcheol’s eyes looked like they wanted to kill him. “I wanted to see if Shua could talk.”

“Shua? He’s sleeping,” Jeonghan explained. He smirked, turning it lewd. “We got here and unpacked. Had a bit of fun and he got tired.” He laughed internally as he knew what sort of suggestions he was making.

Seungcheol’s mouth dropped open, but he recovered quickly. His growled. “What?”

Slowly, Jeonghan said, “Do I have to explain it to you?” He raised his eyebrows. “I don’t think I do. And it’s none of your business anyhow. Shua is sleeping. We’ll be down when he’s awake.” Jeonghan took the opportunity to close the door as Seungcheol stewed in his anger.

It was his own damn fault they were no longer together. Well, ok Joshua did say that it had to do with the both of them. But whatever, Jeonghan wasn’t here for Seungcheol. He was firmly in Joshua’s side no matter what.


Joshua’s eyes fluttered open. As he awakened fully, he held in a gasp. Jeonghan sat on the window seat, on his phone. But the sun was setting at the moment and it created a halo effect on him, surrounding him in the warm oranges and reds. It made him look like an angel.

Jeonghan looked up, smiling at him. “My sleeping beauty finally woke up?”

“Sleeping beauty was woken up with a kiss,” Joshua rasped out, his voice a bit dry from his nap.

He winked. “I wasn’t going to take liberties with you. Unless you wanted me to?”

Blinking slowly, Joshua said, “You’re seriously charming. How do you keep it up?”

“It’s not that hard when it’s someone like you,” Jeonghan replied. “And I’m not lying about it before you accuse me of it.” Softly whispering, “You make it easy.”