Chapter 8

Whatever You Need me to be

 A/N: it's a filler cuz i'm exhausted as and it fit


Blushing, Joshua flashed Jeonghan a smile. He didn’t know what possessed him to even kiss Jeonghan but seeing the slight dazed look on his face made Joshua feel a surge of power? No. Power wasn’t the right word. Pleasure. He felt a pleasurable sort of shudder; he one upped the playboy. It made him giddy.

Jeonghan collected himself rather quickly, grinning back at Joshua, his lips in a lewd manner. “If you start kissing me in front of your friend babe, I’ll want more than you should give me in public.”

Minghao, Mingyu, and Seokmin started to mime throwing up. Mingyu loudly protesting, “No! No kisses in front of us!”

“Not unless we can kiss Shua hyung,” Seokmin shouted. Minghao nodded, clearly agreeing with Seokmin.

“Joshua can always share his kisses,” Seungcheol said, cutting through the shouting. He gave them all a teasing grin. Like he was joking. Like he didn’t have ulterior motives.

Joshua narrowed his eyes, ready to snarl at him for such a stupid idea.

“I’m sorry?” Jeonghan smiled back at Seungcheol, not a nice one either. It was a smile full of teeth, bared teeth. “Shua’s lips aren’t to be shared. They’re only meant to be kissing mine. Or other various areas of me.”

Vernon gave a pained groan, shaking his head at the implications.

“No offense,” Jihoon said, looking at Joshua, “but I don’t want your lips on me.” He gave Joshua a wry smile.

“Not even from me Jihoonie?” Joshua batted his lashes, clutching at his heart. He’d ignore the idiot in the corner and let his *cough* boyfriend handle it.

“I’m a one person kisser,” Jihoon laughed. “I’m sure Seokmin or Mingyu will jump at the chance for a kiss from you.”

“Me too!” Minghao shouted, latching onto Joshua.

“Didn’t Mingyu get a kiss from Joshua on their one date?” Seokmin asked.


Jeonghan stared Seungcheol down. What was this guy trying to pull? He was a brazen trying to get back with Joshua when Joshua clearly didn’t want anything to do with him.

“There’s nothing wrong with a kiss between friends,” Seungcheol said lightly, his eyes flashing.

Jeonghan smirked. “You’d have to be friends in the first place.” He grinned, all teeth as he saw him flinch. “You know,” Jeonghan said, pausing for effect, “the thing you two aren’t.”

Seungcheol gaped.

Jeonghan plowed on. He learned early on in this job, when you had the upper hand, when you took someone by surprise, you kept going until you managed to get them where you wanted. And Jeonghan wanted Joshua’s ex to feel like for trying to pull this crap. “All you two are exes.”

Seungcheol’s face changed. He had kept a rather pleasant, smiling face for the little time they had come into contact with him, but Jeonghan’s words got to him. His upper lip raised in growl. “He for—”

“Did he?” Jeonghan bared his teeth right back at him, cutting him off. “He didn’t say a single thing beyond that you two broke up and he was grateful it was over.” Jeonghan grinned, enjoying every minute of this. Pity the doorbell had to ring.

“Who is it now?” Jihoon muttered, walking to open the door.

Voices were heard, a small shout, and a few grunts. Everyone turned their heads.

“We made it!”

A familiar face that Jeonghan hadn’t seen in a good two years popped in, dragging a tall skinny man wearing glasses. .