I Said Things I Didn't Mean

Whatever You Need me to be

Jeonghan held still, smiling while he waited. If he looked anxious that would kill the illusion of being a loving couple. He tried reading Joshua but all the other man did was give him a teasing smile. If he wasn’t working for Joshua, Jeonghan would’ve tried dating him. A long time ago maybe, when he wasn’t so immersed in his job as being something of a con artist/actor.

Joshua was the type of boy you’d bring home to your parents. The type that everyone would love and think how did you manage to bag him. But Jeonghan wasn’t that type of boy anymore. He wouldn’t fit into Joshua’s sort of life in real life; they were only playing pretend.

Joshua moved, towards him! Jeonghan grinned widely, lacing his fingers in between Joshua’s as he met Jeonghan’s outstretched hand. He fought the urge to send a smug smile Seokmin and Mingyu’s way.

The two loyal dogs pouted. Mingyu even had the audacity to whine. If the guy had dog ears and a dog tail both would’ve fallen as Joshua joined Jeonghan. Seokmin looked like a kicked puppy, his eyes going wide as if his owner betrayed him for a newer and more handsome dog. Wait. Jeonghan stopped his brain. He wasn’t a dog.

Joshua almost cooed. Something that Jeonghan thought was sort of cute. “Why are you two whining? I just went over to Jeonghan.”

Jeonghan said nothing, unlacing their fingers and letting go of Joshua’s hand to wrap his arm around his waist, pulling him so close to Jeonghan that Joshua had to curve his body. The petty side of him really did want to grin and smirk. Good god those two were like kicked puppies.

“But we missed,” Mingyu said, fighting to keep the whine from his voice.

“He sees you a lot,” Seokmin argued. “We haven’t seen you in years. We should be able to hug you more.”

Jihoon reached out, smacking them both on the back. Ignoring their cries of pain, he snorted. “And what are you two? His boyfriend?” He cut them off before they could try to give him back talk. “No Mingyu you can’t say you were almost his boyfriend. You two aren’t. Of course he went to Jeonghan.”

Eyebrows rising at the almost boyfriend and Mingyu, Jeonghan turned to Joshua, trying to get an answer. But all he heard was Joshua’s light laughter as he covered his mouth with his fist.

“I’m going to be here for quite some time you two. We can spend a lot of time together,” Joshua promised.

“Away from your boyfriend” Mingyu asked petulantly.

Seokmin nodded, clearly ok with Mingyu’s suggestion.

Joshua laughed some more. But he indulged them, something that made Jeonghan want to pout a bit. “Of course. Some time together without Jeonghan. But you have to get to know him.”

“We will,” Jihoon said, hitting them once more. “They’re just being babies. And really missed you.” He gave Jeonghan a tiny smile, “Sorry about them.”

Jeonghan shook his head. “It’s fine. I understand. I’m an interloper right now. Hopefully, I won’t be as we get to know each other.”

Tilting his head towards the big house behind them, Jihoon said, “Let’s take you two inside and get you settled down into your room. You have to be tired from the flights to get here.”

Joshua yawned, nodding. “I need to catch up on some sleep. Get in a cat nap.”

“Sleep over tonight? In the living room,” Seokmin asked. “When everyone else gets here too?”

Jihoon frowned. “We’re not kids.”

“It’ll be like old times Jihoonie,” Joshua teased, poking him gently in the cheek. “We haven’t met up in the long time. One night won’t kill us.” He gave them that pretty smile of his, “This way you can get to know Jeonghan too.”

“Joy,” Mingyu muttered, not bothering to hide his disdain.

Joshua chose to ignore him. “When are the others supposed to be here?”

“Soonyoung and Wonwoo are set to come in soon. They had some last minute things to do.”

“Minghao is coming in at night,” Mingyu piped up.

“Vernon’s already here,” Jihoon said, opening the door for them. “And Seungcheol. Did you two see him at the airport?”

Joshua looked around, soaking in the sun. “We must’ve missed him,” Joshua lied.

“Damn,” Jihoon muttered. “He volunteered to go get you. I got to text him to tell him that you’re already here.”

“That’s fine,” Joshua said. “Mingyu can show us our room then.” He walked forward, tugging Mingyu along with him. “Right Mingyu?”

Mingyu nodded eagerly, leading the way for his hyung.

Jeonghan followed at a slower pace, side eyeing Jihoon as he took out his phone, but didn’t seem to be texting anyone. Was he enemy number two? Seungcheol’s accomplice? If he was Jeonghan would have to squash that real quick.

“Jeonghan?” Joshua called.

“Coming baby,” Jeonghan answered, whipping his head around to join the two of them. He moved right behind Joshua to nuzzle his head. “Right here.”


Joshua moved his suitcase to the closet. He yawned, stretching ever so slightly, making his shirt ride up a bit, flashing Jeonghan some skin. “I was serious about the cap nap though. You don’t have to sleep if you’re not tired.”

“Hmm,” Jeonghan hummed. “I’ll stay up. I’m not tired. Take a nap. I’ve got a few things to do anyhow.”

Nodding, Joshua got under the sheets, tucking himself in. “Wake me up if they knock.”

“Sure,” he lied. He’d rather let Joshua sleep than wake him up if anyone of his friends came a knocking. They could wait.

Joshua closed his eyes, his breathing evening out in no time.

Jeonghan watched over him, the slow rise and fall of Joshua’s chest and the slight breathing. Even asleep he was stunning. But he wasn’t lying. He dd have things to do.

Taking out his phone, he started to text Seungkwan about his whereabouts. It was a safety precaution for all employees, in case a customer was bat insane. Sending it off, he opened Google. These two weeks were a mini vacation for Joshua. He had to plan accordingly, like a good boyfriend. A good fake one anyhow.