A girl like me

Teen Age 18
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It took a few weeks for the euphoria of the beginning of the school year to cease, and even then, many students were still ecstatic.

The boys of the third year was more concentrated in college, and about the future then ever received professional lectures to know which way they wanted to go, even though none of them were really interested (unless Renjun, which seemed to be the most responsible student of that school ), and added to the extra effort they had to make through difficult tests almost every week.

Weeks passed by, and so slowly, Mark wondered how it might still be early March, and it seemed like three years had passed since school began. Jinah told her about this strange effect on the students, she said that he should only focus on the studies.

But how to concentrate on studies when it had several other unknowns to be solved, such as, first, and perhaps most important, the strange way Jaemin and Jeno seemed distant, not taking Donghyuck with their daily crises over his loneliness, and Renjun, who was just the rich, responsible and happy Chinese ever, who seemed to never have problems with anything.

Now they had opened nominations for the student president, and of course Donghyuck would not pass up this opportunity to finally realize his desire to make Renjun the student council president, for his curiosity to know something more about the curricular activities. In fact, Donghyuck imagined the student president to be the deputy principal of the school, when in fact this was just a fairy tale, although the council chairman had a certain importance at school. In fact, all Donghyuck wanted was to be the president of the student council to make its mark in school, but since his exploits kept him that he decided to leave this dream to his Chinese friend, Donghyuck trusted Renjun for it.

Mark could say that everything seemed to have returned to normal, only on a different level, more difficult and chaotic.

"Look at this." Donghyuck took his new comic book up to Mark's face, showing him one of the fight scenes. "I knew it was going to happen."

Mark looked at his friend and laughed. Donghyuck laughed back, and leaned against the wall again, continuing his reading, and Mark continued his math homework.

After the break was over they fled to the library, it was world history class, and one of the things that Mark and Donghyuck had in common was the dislike of history class. They hid in the back of the library room, which was the biggest place in the school, and it was a nice quiet place, the librarian could barely notice them inside, and they did it often.

Donghyuck read a comic book and Mark focused on his math assignment. They were sitting on the floor in one of the corners of the room that was hidden by the shelves of books, they discovered this hiding place during the second year as they fled Jinah, however she eventually found them.

Mark was so focused that he was startled to feel Donghyuck putting one side of his phone in his left ear.

"You should listen to this song," he said, putting the music to play.

The music began to ring through the phone. First was the soft sound of the guitar and then a woman's voice began to sing. It was a relaxing music, and Donghyuck liked that style, but Mark was enjoying this calm melody style as much as enjoyed the silence, and more than not appeared to Mark admired the taste for music that his best friend had.

They constantly discovered new songs and exchanged ideas about different styles, this was one of the things that Mark liked most in Donghyuck.

Mark smiled as the woman's voice joined Donghyuck's, he started to sing low but Mark could still hear him. For some reason Mark liked to hear his friend's voice, but he himself did not like his voice.

"Hey. You two."

They were frightened when they called. His wide eyes searched for who had called him, and they regretted being there. Jinah looked at them suspiciously, and they knew they were in trouble now. Quickly they took the sides of their earbuds and released their most innocent smile so that Jinah felt a minimum of pity, even though it would never happen. She still kept her scolding gaze toward the teenagers showing her towering student guidance presence.

"Come on." She just said it, and walked out of the library.

 

 

Mark and Donghyuck admired the new counselor's room, and wondered whether detention for killing class would be too long. From their own experience, they knew that detention for hiding in the bathroom during school hours or sticking their time to play basketball was a difficult punishment. It was obvious they were screwed and it would take at least a week of punishment, but they were still afraid of what Jinah could do with them now that she held a major position at school.

The counselor sat in her chair with two cups of coffee in her hand. As he settled down, he left the two glasses in front of Donghyuck and Mark, telling them what they could take. The two nodded rather hesitantly, but took a sip just for education, it was almost palpable and their concern.

"Boys, you do not have to stay that way." She had finally said something to improve that mood. "You're going to be grounded for killing class, but I'm still friends with you, are not you?" M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter