Uncover

Teen Age 18
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This was the main topic at the cafeteria table that they always met during the weekends: a girl had confessed to Donghyuck.

It was Friday, a pleasant afternoon with little sun and wind. That place could tell a lot of stories they spent together, and best of all, it was a different cafeteria from the others because besides serving the best coffee in that neighborhood, it was also a place for reading. Books and coffee could be the best combination.

The establishment was from Jisung's family, so he worked there on weekends, and it was convenient to meet the five older boys who were always going to visit that place.

The boys were snuggling at the table where they always stayed every time they went there, and they were excited about the novelty of Donghyuck's usual, quiet life, which was now the subject of conversation between his friends, and though he was a little bland about it, he still enjoyed listening to the thoughts of his friends around this subject.

Of course Renjun could not remain silent after seeing Minah confess to Donghyuck last Friday, he told the rest of his friends, and even stayed with Donghyuck and Mark in his punishment to hear more about the confession. Sometimes the Chinese could be treacherous when they wanted to.

Already Mark, visibly annoyed with the subject, did not say anything about it all the time his group of friends talked. First, he did not care, and second, suddenly in his head, he decided that Minah was not a good enough girl for his best friend. She could not understand Donghyuck as he understood himself, and they had not known each other for so long, surely Minah would not know how to deal with the paranoia about the chaotic world that exists in Donghyuck's head like Mark.

Apart from all the things that Mark did not admit about himself, why was he feeling betrayed by his best friend when it should be something normal? At some point, even more so in this time of adolescence in which they were living, he knew that Donghyuck would become interested in some girl and eventually fall in love. But Mark was worried he might be abandoned or traded for his best friend. Maybe this could be a bit dramatic, but teenage hormones did so in Mark's already troubled head.

Mark did not care, or at least pretended he did not mind, listening to the conversation his friends were having, since it was tedious and he did not care.

"And then, how did you feel?" Jaemin asked, obviously euphoric.

"Honestly, I do not even remember. When I realized what that conversation was about, I did not remember my own name." Donghyuck responded in the same intensity, perhaps a little fearful.

Renjun laughed, amused at the expressions Mark made showing how much that conversation bothered him. Renjun was most amused on that affair about confession, it was simply hilarious the way Mark could be clearly upset and jealous of Donghyuck talking about his first love affair. "Minah is a very pretty girl..." the Chinese said in order to provoke Mark, "do you have feelings for her?" Renjun listened to Mark's reactions.

Mark was trying to read his book of fiction, but curiously felt the need to hear a response from Donghyuck to the question Renjun had asked. His eyes betrayed him and headed toward the Korean, he could not make it so obvious that it bothered him. Mark could not even know what feeling was in his heart. Anxiety? Or maybe a little fear for the answer that might not please you.

He looked discreetly, but full of curiosity.

"Ah... about that..." Donghyuck felt suddenly disheartened, his eyes drooping, staring at his joking fingers. "Actually, I do not know. But I do not correspond to her feelings."

I do not correspond to her feelings. That was what Mark needed to hear. The Canadian knew that girl was not good enough for his best friend, so he was relieved to hear it.

Renjun noticed Mark's sudden relief, and could not stop laughing inwardly. He found that scene all very comical.

"So you mean this is over?" Jeno asked, perhaps a little disappointed by what Donghyuck said. He would not confess, but he'd love to see Donghyuck with a girlfriend, since he's the one who talks the most about it.

"It's better this way." Mark finally said something, giving up his book, putting it on the table exaggeratedly. Donghyuck looked at him strangely, while Renjun could not hold his own laugh.

"Really..." Donghyuck continued, making Mark sigh. "I promised her we'd be friends... you know, to get to know each other better."

Jeno and Jaemin laughed expectantly. But Mark's discomfort returned at once. If Donghyuck knew Minah better, the girl would most likely fall in love with Donghyuck, because who would not fall in love with him? And then, he would fall in love with her too, and the ending would be a happy date, except for Mark, and his best friend instinct that warned him that this was no good thing.

Throughout the time they stayed in the coffeepot, Renjun was amused by Mark's expressions. They talked so much that when the moon shone in the dark sky, they realized that it was late, and they had to go home. Even if it was Saturday night, Renjun still had many duties to his family, such as important business meetings in which he was obliged to attend.

Renjun was usually trained by his parents to be prepared to receive family business when needed, which was a lot of responsibility for a high school teenager. In addition to the many restrictions you should follow like, do not date; not to go out to parties to preserve the good image of the Huang family; do not do nonsense at school or anywhere; study like a madman to enter a good college, and millions more than typical demands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter