D-1

Teen Age 18
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was autumn of 2017, and Mark was coming back from a long, quiet and year-end vacation. Now he was entering a new territory, dangerous and unknown in his quiet adolescent life, facing a new enemy. The end of high school. Now it was officially just a year away that his life of tranquility was over, and from now on he would have adult responsibilities like college and a job. Things one should have to be a partially realized adult, this idea was not enough for Mark.

Of course, his parents and the school counselor had a little influence on this measure of decisive behavior for the future, but Mark was occupying his mind with teenage things while he still had time for it, his thoughts were locked in high school, so far thinking about the future could be postponed.

"I know what you're thinking."

That was Donghyuck, his faithful squire and best friend in the whole world. Mark could easily endure an entire year full of controversy and hardship if Donghyuck were with him. Donghyuck was a bit eccentric and maybe two-dimensional looking at one side, but for some reason these parties influenced his choice of best friend, but somehow, he was happy to have Donghyuck as his partner, even with his luggage and notices of madness included in the packaging.

"What am I thinking?"

Even if they lived in the same building, it was difficult for the two of them to go to school together because either Donghyuck woke up too late or because Mark woke up too early.

Every beginning of the school year more novice first-time students filled the hallways of the school. The more they left, the more they went twice as much because it was a school that, in addition, they accepted foreign students.

"You're thinking that high school is ending and you do not have any girlfriend yet," said Donghyuck.

Mark laughed. "Sometimes I get scared. You know me too well."

"I know that." Donghyuck boasted. "Do not worry about future things, we still have plenty of time." Suddenly Donghyuck's voice evoked a serious tone that Mark did not know. Perhaps your best friend also had the same concerns as yours about the future. "Actually, I already know what's going to cheer you up."

Their footsteps went up against the crowd that moved back and forth in the corridors of the school, but it would be an exaggeration to say that the school was crowded. It was as it always was, not too much or too little.

Donghyuck managed to get into the canteen and ordered a peach-flavored juice box, Mark's favorite.

"Here." He handed the box to Mark after getting out of the queue. "It always encourages you."

Mark laughed again, though Donghyuck was half-senseless, he admired how Donghyuck could be cautious and careful with his friends, not directing Mark exclusively, but all his closest friends, or anyone who asked him for some kind of help.

"So, last year, how do you feel?" Donghyuck asked curiously, after they found a place in the cafeteria to sit down.

Mark pondered the answer. "Sad, maybe?" He replied, sticking the juice box with his straw and putting it in his mouth.

"Nah! Happy!" Donghyuck exclaimed, catching the attention of a few glances that were nearby. Mark became accustomed to these sudden mood swings, and he did not mind being given strange looks. "Think on the bright side, we will no longer need to attend Jinah's classes, because from now on she is no longer our teacher."

Mark was silent, then nodded. "You're right." He nodded.

They laughed as if they felt relief and a bit of anticipatory longing.

"Then you'll love to know that I've stepped down from being a teacher to being an instructional instructor, exclusively, in the third year."

This was Jinah. The former teacher of world history and who is now the current educational director of the school, as informed. The poor teacher was so fond of those two that she held on to Mark and Donghyuck and her group for the two years they were in that school.

Although she was beautiful and young, she spent most of her life preoccupied with the future of the students at that school and forgot to get a good husband and build a good family. Not that she cared.

Donghyuck and Mark smiled to see her in her usual casual outfit, black skirt in a blue school uniform with the school print.

"You're just slender today," Donghyuck commented.

"If I did not know you, I would even believe this was a sincere compliment, Donghyuck," said the teacher s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter