Ache and Break

Sparks Fly

Like every Wednesday, Jungwoo, Sicheng, and Mark were seated in an empty classroom, leading their discussions for the Christian Club. This week, they had a very important topic to discuss. 

"So...the soulmate thing," Mark breathed out. 

"The soulmate thing," Jungwoo repeated softly. 

"What does it mean? Obviously, something of this extent has to be God's doing," Sicheng spoke. Mark and Jungwoo nodded and hummed in agreement. 

"But is it a gift or a punishment?" Mark asked. 

"Everything God gives us is a lesson of some sort, so we should treat it as a gift," Jungwoo responded. 

Mark sighed. "Still..." He trailed off. 

"I think it's a gift," Sicheng spoke. "I feel like the whole school is a lot happier." 

"Th-they are," Jungwoo stuttered. 

Mark shrugged. "It's true." 

The room became silent once again as they each thought of another topic to bring up relating to the big issue that had taken over the school. 

"What about...what about gay couples?" Mark asked. "A lot of soulmate couples are two girls and two guys." 

"Not possible," Jungwoo responded, shaking his head. 

"What do you mean?" Sicheng asked with furrowed brows. 

"They must be faking it. God would never put two men or women together," Jungwoo explained. Sicheng glared at Jungwoo. 

"I disagree; I think it's proof God actually thinks homouality is okay," Mark responded. 

"The bible doesn't lie, Mark," Jungwoo spoke angrily. "It says man shall not lie with man. God doesn't go against His own word." 

Sicheng continued to glare at Jungwoo, his fists clenched beneath the table. 

Mark shook his head. "But I don't think anyone would fake having found their soulmate; that would just prevent them from finding their real one. If anything, gay people would pretend to find straight soulmates so that they wouldn't get bullied." 

"It's obvious; they're just trying to promote their agenda," Jungwoo responded. 

"Agenda? What ing agenda?" Mark responded, starting to get more frustrated while Sicheng seethed in the corner. 

"They just want to make other people stray from God. Two men can't love each other the way a man and a woman can," Jungwoo responded. 

"Hey!" Sicheng shouted, standing up and pushing the chair back. "Jungwoo, I thought you weren't an idiot! Of course two men and two women can love each other just like straight couples. I don't know about others, but my soulmate match is a man and it's very real! Yuta is very special to me and if you think I can't feel that way, then you can go yourself," Sicheng spoke, more angry than Jungwoo and Mark had ever seen him be. Sicheng stormed out of the classroom, throwing open the door and walking out onto the empty hall, turning a sharp corner.

Well, almost empty. In Sicheng's rage he hadn't realized someone else was there until he bumped head first into Yuta's chest. Sicheng blushed and looked down at the floor, rubbing his head which was sparking up his hair. Yuta must have been waiting for him outside of the classroom. 

Sicheng finally looked up at Yuta to see him wearing a satisfied smirk. "So, I'm special to you, huh?" He asked.

Sicheng winced. It was true, but he and Yuta had only hung out a few times and he really didn't want the senior boy knowing that fact. 

"Y-yeah," Sicheng admitted in a stutter, staring pointedly down at the floor. Yuta tilted up his chin and looked back at him, eyes smiling in a way that seemed so much more sincere than Sicheng's usual smirk. His cheeks flushed pink and Yuta smiled even wider. 

"I'm definitely glad to know that. I mean, I'm sorry I just came here and suprised you, and if you're busy I was just planning to give you a ride home, but if you're free now, do you want to go take a walk or something?" Yuta asked, shyly scratching the back of his neck. 

"That sounds really fun," Sicheng responded, giggling softly. 

"Really?" Yuta asked, perking up immediately. He sort of look surprised at first but quickly shrugged it off. 

Sicheng smiled and nodded at him. "I'd like that a lot, actually." 

Yuta beckoned Sicheng to follow him and the two walked out of the school together. Luckily, the park was only a few blocks away, so they didn't have to get into Yuta's car. Sicheng was happy to be leaving school behind for a little bit; his fight with Jungwoo had shaken him up a lot, especially since Jungwoo was his best friend. But it all seemed to matter very little to Sicheng; all of his energy was now focused on Yuta. 

From their first meeting up until now, things between Sicheng and Yuta had been fairly awkward. Sicheng found himself shy

ing away from Yuta, especially since he could come on a little strong at times, and he did like to tease. Sicheng was just so brand new to all of this that he found himself very intimidated by Yuta's flirtation. But quickly, Yuta's flirtatious comments and encouraging words began to linger with Sicheng for long after their between class hang outs and rides home together. Yuta seemed to seep his way into every one of Sicheng's thoughts, as much as he tried to deny it. 

But now, Sicheng was just going to let himself accept it. He'd blurted out the truth to Mark and Jungwoo today, that Yuta was very special to him, so why not admit it to himself? 

They quickly reached the greenery of the park, soft grass shrouded by green trees, the late afternoon seeping in between the leaves, basking the small walking trail in specks of light. Yuta smiled at Sicheng and Sicheng smiled back up at him, and the two stepped onto the path. 

As they began to walk, Yuta cleared his throat to speak. 

"You know, I teased you a little bit about it, but honestly I was really happy when you said that I meant something to you. I wasn't sure if you liked me, like, at all, and it was really hard to think about because I like you a lot," Yuta admitted, chuckling slightly uncomfortably. 

"W-w-well, I-I do," Sicheng responded, blushing fiercely and looking at the grass. Sicheng could feel Yuta give him a soft smile as Yuta's hand curled around Sicheng's, lacing Sicheng's delicate fingers with his own. 

Sicheng turned even redder and held Yuta's hand back, his fingers trembling a bit as the soulmate sparks passed strong in between where they touched. Sicheng could feel Yuta's hands were a bit sweaty from nerves but he didn't mind at all, just stepping in closer to him as they walked along the trail. 

Nerves silenced both of them for a few minutes, as this was the most they'd touched since they'd heard the new a week or two before. As foreign as all these feelings were, Sicheng didn't find himself minding. In fact, he was having a good time, with Yuta of all people. 

After a few minutes they spot a bench, and Yuta turns to Sicheng. 

"Wanna sit down?" He asks softly. Sicheng nods up at him and they sit. 

Yuta hums quietly and Sicheng wrestles with himself, wondering if he should admit how he feels to Yuta. Sicheng realized it was truthful on his part, and would make Yuta very happy, so why not? Yes, he was nervous, but Sicheng felt like he should. 

"Y-you know," Sicheng stuttered, and Yuta turned to him immediately. "A-at first I was really nervous about this whole situation. You made me really nervous, since you can be so..."

"Cocky?" Yuta interrupted. 

"Yeah, cocky," Sicheng responded. "I didn't think this would be a good match. But now you've...you've shown me that you're really sweet and respectful and...I-I have to admit, I'm crushing pretty hard," he admitted, his cheeks turning pink as he looked down at his lap. 

Sicheng could see Yuta smiling softly at him out of the corner of his eye and it only made Sicheng flush more. Yuta bit his lip, turning in towards Sicheng. 

"I'm really glad that's how you feel," Yuta said gently, reaching over to curl his fingers with Sicheng's. "Because...Sicheng, you're precious to me. I've thought you were just so sweet and adorable ever since you were a freshman and I was a sophomore. I know I'm not exactly the best at approaching people, and my friends are no help, but I'm really glad this situation put us together. I've always wanted to get to know you, and now that I have, I just like you even more." 

Sicheng found the courage to look up into Yuta's eyes and saw him smiling back with a sincere expression, gently squeezing Sicheng's hand. 

"I tease you out of love, not lust," Yuta added, and Sicheng couldn't stop himself from smiling. Yuta pulled himself in closer, looking over Sicheng. He let the hand that wasn't holding Sicheng's rest on Sicheng's bare forearm, sending more shivers and sparks throughout Sicheng's body. 

Sicheng's face, pointedly staring down at his own lap, was tilted upwards by Yuta's fingers, the skin on Sicheng's skin sparkling with the feeling of Yuta's touch. 

"Can I kiss you?" Yuta asked, and if Sicheng had been any further away he wouldn't have been able to hear Yuta speak. After inhaling and exhaling, he gave Yuta a small nod, and Yuta leaned in. 

The fireworks Sicheng felt when Yuta kissed him for the first time were so intense that it was almost ridiculous. It was almost overwhelming to the point that Sicheng pulled away but he couldn't, leaning in closer as he clinged to Yuta's shoulders. His stomach bubbled up with nerves, as not only was this his first kiss with Yuta but his first kiss at all, and he could barely contain the trembling of his body. But Yuta guided him, kept him grounded, his soft, plush lips pressing back against Sicheng's as he cupped Sicheng's soft cheeks. 

They didn't pull away from each other for as long as their bodies would allow, panting harshly when their lips finally parted. Sicheng rested his head on Yuta's shoulder and giggled, beyond euphoric at all of these feelings he felt. Yuta sweetly rubbed the back of his neck, holding him tight. 

"You're still shaking," he said softly. 

"I'm nervous," Sicheng responded in a chuckle. 

"Why?" 

"I-I mean...that was my first kiss," Sicheng admitted, and he looked up to see Yuta beaming down at him. 

"I was your first kiss?" Yuta asked in a high pitched, excited voice, and Sicheng nodded back. "Well...was it any good?"

Sicheng breathed out. "It was...wonderful," he responded. 

"Would you mind if I had your second kiss too?" Yuta asked. Sicheng leaned in closer. 

"Not at all," he breathed against Yuta's lips, and they closed the gap between them once again. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Taeyong ached. 

Physically, mentally, emotionally. His muscles ached, his head ached, his heart ached. 

And it was all Ten's fault. 

No, he wasn't that much of a mean idiot. He knew it was his own fault, that all of his problems would just be fixed if he'd just let himself be with Ten. But he was too wary, too scared, and now Ten avoided him like the plague. It wasn't like Taeyong was making any effort to reach out either; especially after their wonderful, horrible in the back of his car. 

But Taeyong couldn't put off speaking to him any longer. His house was cold and empty and he couldn't stop crying, and if he didn't at least see Ten he would probably die tomorrow. So after rummaging through his parent's liquor cabinet and taking a swig of who-knows-what, Taeyong pulled out his phone to text Ten. 

"Can you come over?" He asked, ashamed at his own desperation. 

"What's your address?" Ten responded immediately. Taeyong typed it out, pressed send, and threw his phone to the other side of the room. 

A few minutes later, after Taeyong had drained a significant portion of that bottle, the doorbell rang. With a small stumble, Taeyong got up and answered it. 

"You look like ," Ten said. 

"You do too," Taeyong responded, staring at the bags beneath Ten's eyes and his greasy, unbrushed hair. 

Ten sniffed the air and grimaced. "Are you drunk?" Ten asked. 

"Tipsy. I was sober when I texted you though," Taeyong responded. 

"Huh," Ten responded, seeming genuinely surprised. Taeyong paused for a second then shook his head. 

"Oh, yeah, come in," he spoke, and Ten stepped inside, Taeyong shutting the door behind him. Ten sighed, looking around at the house that looked as though nobody lived in it. But he turned his head down, thinking it best not to have any questions. 

"Where's that bottle? I think I'll need some alcohol if I'm going to handle this visit," Ten spoke darkly. Taeyong plopped down on the couch, handing Ten the bottle, the liquor inside sloshing. Ten threw a sip back and winced before sitting down and placing the bottle between them. 

The windows lit the house in the sunset light but somehow, this evening could not have been less romantic for either one of them. 

"Why did you come if you knew it would be such a chore?" Taeyong asked, taking another drink. 

Ten shrugged and stared down at the floor. "I dunno. Why did you invite me?"

Taeyong sighed. "It...hurt. I thought I was going to die if I didn't see you. It's been a while." 

Ten chuckled darkly. "These chemicals hate us, don't they?" He asked rhetorically. 

Taeyong nodded slowly. "They do." 

They were silent for an uncomfortable amount of time, the slight soulmate sparks they felt from sitting near each other turning into a painful itch. 

"Why are you such an ?" Ten asked, chuckling again. 

Taeyong sighed. "I didn't want it to be a boy. I wanted my soulmate to be a girl," Taeyong spoke. 

Ten gave him a look. "Taeyong, answer me this, do you even like boys?" Ten asked. 

Taeyong turned his head away and winced, as if he was holding the words back from escaping his lips. 

"I-I do," he stuttered. "But I don't-- I just-- I never could--"

"You pretend you don't?" Ten asked. 

"Exactly," Taeyong responded with a relieved sigh. Ten slumped down into the couch and Taeyong shook his head.

"I'm not even going to pretend things will work out for us anymore. It's not like anyone else gives a about me; why should you?" Ten finally spoke. 

Taeyong grimaced guiltily, rolling back his shoulders and cracking his neck. He sighed. 

"Where do we go from here?" Taeyong asked. 

"Why did you invite me here?" Ten responded. 

Taeyong shook his head. "I told you, if I don't touch you I think I'll die," Taeyong admitted. Ten tugged at his own hair, a pained expression on his face.

"I don't understand why everyone hurts me! I'm a human being, I have feelings," Ten spoke. Taeyong couldn't even look at Ten. "I hate that I need you. I hate it so ing much. It's so unfair that I need your touch too," Ten said, almost in tears. 

Taeyong's cheeks flamed out of shame and sadness. Ten sniffled and grabbed the bottle of liquor, drinking a ridiculous amount before setting the bottle down on Taeyong's dusty coffee table. He shook his head and forced the hurt away, pressing it down down down into himself where all the rest of the hurt laid. 

"How are we going to do this?" Taeyong asked very quietly. He finally looked up and found Ten staring back at him, eyes stony, and a shiver of lust went down his spine. 

Ten tilted his head and sighed. "Take me, I guess. At least you're beautiful," Ten responded. 

Taeyong cleared his throat. "Are you sure?" 

Ten chuckled. "Yeah I'm sure. me, and then we'll be fine for a week or two. The usual, you know?" 

Taeyong swallowed and looked down for a moment. He could practically feel the pain Ten felt and it was threatening to break him but what could he do now? He should probably just go along with what Ten wants; it's for the best. And he can't say that with Ten wasn't great before, plus it would help him to just forget. 

"Take me," Ten whispered, coming onto his knees and moving towards Taeyong. " me hard. I've heard what you can do." 

"You want it?" Taeyong asked, a hand trailing down Ten's spine. 

"I want it bad," Ten practically moaned, and Taeyong's hands gripped onto Ten's hips hard enough to leave bruises. Ten in a shaky breath at the rough touch. 

"You love it, don't you?" Taeyong said, his voice pitches deeper and rougher and Ten responded with a smirking nod. God was he good. 

" me, me until I can't think on this couch where you've probably ed a million girls and boys before," Ten spoke, getting onto all fours and climbing on top of Taeyong. 

"I promise I haven't ed any of them as good as I'll you," Taeyong mumbled back, pulling Ten down so their chests were pressed together. 

Ten chuckled softly, biting his lip. "If that's all I'll get, I'll take it," he spoke. Taeyong simply hummed and played with the band of Ten's stained sweatpants, and when they finally kissed they acted like nothing was wrong. 

But when it was all over, when Ten and Taeyong were dressed again and the sky was pitch black and Ten felt pits in his stomach, when Ten was standing just outside Taeyong's doorway, Taeyong gave him the smallest of kisses. 

"I'm sorry," Taeyong whispered, his voice laced with regret. Ten could've screamed at Taeyong right then and there; how could Taeyong do this to him? But Ten was broken enough as it was and he just didn't have the energy to fight any more. 

"Okay," Ten responded, slinging his backpack over his shoulder and leaving Taeyong's house far behind.