What You Deserve

Sparks Fly

A/N: I am.... SO SORRY for not updating in forever! It's been 11 days...which is a lot for me. I did just come back home from college for the summer, so I've been dealing with finals/moving...but I promise I'll update more frequently now! Enjoy the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Monday morning, but somehow, Yukhei was walking down the halls of their high school with a smile on his face. He had plans, and he had a feeling they would all work out. 

His lunch with Jungwoo last Friday had gone surprisingly well. First of all, Jungwoo had agreed to even go, and he'd been adorable and sweet during said lunch. Yukhei meant to make eating lunch with Jungwoo a tradition, one both of them would cherish. Maybe then, Jungwoo would realize that being gay was okay and give Yukhei a real romantic chance. 

Yukhei felt Jungwoo's presence immediately when he stepped in through one of the side doors of their school, heading straight to his locker with his head, as usual, held down. Yukhei didn't know what Jungwoo was so ashamed of; Jungwoo was beautiful in his eyes. 

He began to walk over to where Jungwoo was fidgeting with his locker, a smile still on his face. He was glad to see Jungwoo after spending the whole weekend apart; he was starting to get a little sick from missing his soulmate. 

"Hey there," Yukhei spoke softly, trying not to startle his soulmate. Sadly it didn't work; Jungwoo immediately whipped around and stared up at Yukhei with wide eyes. Clearly, he'd been scared. 

"H-hey," Jungwoo stuttered back, looking down at the books in his arms and shuffling them around. Yukhei continued to smile at his soulmate.

"So...ready for lunch hang out time number two?" Yukhei asked excitedly. 

Immediately, Jungwoo stiffened, his eyes darting from his locker to his books to the floor, anywhere but Yukhei. 

"I-I can't," he eventually responded, heaving a great sigh. Yukhei stilled and stared at Jungwoo in shock. 

"Really? Why not? We had a good time on Friday." 

Jungwoo bit his lip and shook his head, just trying not to feel anything at all. "It...it's wrong, Yukhei. You, me, this...it's wrong. And I'm sorry if it hurts us but that's just how it is. I-it's not right. I don't know why this is happening to me, it's wrong..." He trailed off, clutching his books to his chest. 

"Bull," Yukhei responded with a haggard sigh. Jungwoo looked up at him in surprise, at the sheer aggressiveness in his tone. 

"Bull," Yukhei repeated. "We can't just pretend this isn't happening. Look what happened when we tried; we ended up sick as all hell. It hurts, Jungwoo. Even just not seeing this weekend hurt. Now, I know you're scared of your feelings, but you can't the rest of your life in fear about how you or I feel." His voice began to climb louder and louder, Jungwoo listening to his outburst in surprise. "What I feel for you is real, Jungwoo!" 

Suddenly, Jungwoo reached up and covered Yukhei's mouth with both of his hands. He looked around at the rest of the hallway with wide, fearful eyes, especially at the kids who had begun to crowd around the pair to see what all of the fuss was about. Jungwoo removed his hands fairly quickly at Yukhei fell silent at the boldness of the action, and the other kids began to dissipate. 

"You have to be quieter, Yukhei. Th-they can't know," Jungwoo spoke, his voice barely louder than a whisper. Yukhei breathed heavily, a glare etched into his face. 

Just then, the bell for class rang. Without any hesitation, Yukhei stormed away. 

~~~~~~~~~~

Jeno couldn't help but grin when he felt a tap on his shoulder, shooting sparks down his arm and back. He'd missed Jaemin a lot over the weekend, and he'd been waiting all morning to finally see him. 

He turned around to see Jaemin's smiling face, a wave of affection washing over him. They hadn't spent time together since last Friday and he'd been craving this. 

"Hey there," Jaemin spoke in that sweet, slightly flirtatious style of his. 

"Hey," Jeno softly responded, smiling back, unable to resist Jaemin's infectious grin. "How was your weekend?" 

"Ugh," Jaemin groaned, rolling his eyes dramatically. "Well, I was still dealing with the heartbreak of Miz Cracker's elimination, all my friends were busy so I was just so bored, and I missed you like crazy... but otherwise, it was good! How was yours?" 

Jaemin leaned against the locker beside Jeno's as he grabbed his lunch, about to head to the cafeteria to eat with Jaemin and his friends. But just as Jeno was about to share the details of his weekend, he froze. 

Walking down the hall, right past them, was Renjun and his new girl. It was undeniable that they looked cute together; Renjun in his usual denim jacket and jeans combo and her in her cheer uniform. But that only hurt Jeno more, that they were more perfect for each other than he and Renjun could have ever been. They were laughing and smiling at each other like no one else existed in the world, not even noticing Jeno staring at them as they walked by. It was almost like reliving the moment he caught Renjun cheating all over again; seeing how little he meant to Renjun in the first place, how easily he could get over  Jeno without a second thought. 

As soon as Jeno could tear his eyes away he quickly turned towards his locker, covering his face with his hands. The tears threatened to escape but no, he had to hold them back, he couldn't cry at school. 

Jeno only felt worse when Jaemin placed his hand on Jeno's back and began to rub circles over the cloth of his t-shirt. He'd completely forgotten Jaemin was even there, and it was obvious he was still not over Renjun. Jaemin didn't deserve to see him like this. Jaemin deserved Jeno's full, undivided heart. 

"I-I'm sorry," Jeno managed to choke out, hiding his face in the locker. At least the soulmate sparks were helping a little bit; he'd already stopped crying. 

"It's okay. Don't feel bad, of course that's painful." Jaemin sounded so sincere that Jeno only felt worse. He didn't deserve Jaemin. 

"I-I wish I was over it. For both of us," Jeno admitted. "I wish I was over him," Jeno whispered, almost hoping Jaemin didn't hear. 

"It's okay, I promise," Jaemin responded. "You need time to heal. It hasn't been that long since you two break up. Anyways...you're worth waiting for." Jeno looked up at Jaemin at his words, wiping the tears off of his face. Jeno's face was still red and streaky though. "You are. You're a sweet guy, I know it. This whole thing just proves that you're a loyal man. And that's something that's very important to me." 

Through his sadness, Jeno managed to smile at Jaemin's words. 

"Thank you," Jeno spoke quietly, suddenly squeezing Jaemin into a hug. This was the most contact they'd had so far, and it felt so good. Jaemin immediately hugged back, burying his head in the crook of Jeno's neck. Jeno breathed him in deeply, embracing their moment. 

With a sigh Jaemin pulled away, softly rubbing Jeno's arms. "It's okay," he repeated gently, giving Jeno a small smile. "Now let's go to lunch. Our friends are waiting." 

Jeno nodded back, smiling when Jaemin called them 'our friends'. "Yep. Let's go." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school, Taeil was beyond excited. He hadn't seen Johnny all weekend, and they'd barely been able to talk today at school. He missed his soulmate bad, and couldn't wait to spend some real time with him. 

As usual, Johnny met Taeil outside of his last class in the car. Taeil practically ran out of class and into that car. Immediately, he was embarrassed at his own enthusiasm, blushing and avoiding Johnny's gaze shyly. But Johnny placed a kiss to Taeil's cheek and Taeil felt himself smile, his gaze drifting back to Johnny's grinning face. 

"Hey there you," Johnny said affectionately, rubbing Taeil's cheek. 

"Hey," Taeil responded, unable to stop smiling. 

"How was your day?" Johnny asked softly, giving Taeil his undivided attention. 

Taeil hummed. "It was okay," he spoke. "I missed you," he added, much more quietly. Johnny chuckled softly. 

"I miss you too," he responded, starting up the engine and starting to drive away from school. 

"Where are we going?" Taeil asked, looking up at Johnny. 

"Hm...I discovered this cute little park off the side of the highway where we can relax for a bit until your curfew is up. Anyways, it's really nice out today." 

"It is," Taeil responded, slightly opening the window to the car. The late afternoon was shining and a slight breeze blew past, keeping the tempurature perfectly cool. 

Johnny pulled over fairly quickly, parking in an empty parking lot. They got out of the car and followed a gravel path a short distance, Johnny wrapping his fingers around Taeil's tiny hand. The path lead into a grassy field surrounded by trees, the sunlight filtering between the leaves, casting the area in specks of light and darkness.. 

"This is beautiful," Taeil said softly. 

"Just like you," Johnny responded, grinning at Taeil's shy expression. "Now come on, let's relax." 

Johnny simply laid down in the grass, releasing a relieved groan as he spread out those stupidly long limbs over the grass. Taeil just stared at him with a confused expression. 

Johnny turned his head. "Won't you join me?"

"I-Isn't it dirty?" Taeil asked. 

Johnny laughed. "Who cares? It's soft and cozy." 

Taeil hummed and paused for a moment before hesitantly walking over to where Johnny laid, sitting down next to him. He pressed his back into the grass, slowly stretching out each arm and leg. 

"This is nice," he spoke after a moment. 

"Told you," Johnny mumbled quietly, snaking his arm around Taeil's slight shoulders. Taeil sighed contentedly at the touch; everything was perfect: the air was warm and clear and sweet, the park was beautiful, Johnny was holding him, the soulmate sparks bringing life to every vein in his body. 

Johnny tilted Taeil's small frame so they were facing each other, cupping his cheek and rubbing circles into the skin. Taeil smiled at the sensation of electricity and simple touch, so different but combining to feel like heaven. 

Slowly Johnny leaned in closer, holding Taeil tight as he pressed their lips together. Taeil kissed back, gentle but passionate, as Johnny's hands caressed his skin, resting on his waist. 

They pulled away, lips buzzing, faces slowly curling into smiles. 

"I've been waiting for that all day," Johnny admitted in his low voice. 

Taeil giggled. "Me too." 

"You're such a good kisser," Johnny mumbled, giving Taeil another short, deep kiss. "I can't stop." He placed another one on Taeil's lips. 

"Me? No way," Taeil protested. "You were my first kiss, I told you. There's no way I'm any good." 

"But you are. I swear," Johnny responded. Taeil softly shook his head and turned away, still keeping himself nestled in Johnny's arms. 

"Are you blushing?" Johnny asked. Taeil hid his face further as Johnny leaned in close, looking at Taeil's pink-dusted cheeks. 

"Stop," Taeil whined jokingly, covering his face with his hands. 

"Beautiful," Johnny mumbled under his breath before getting off of Taeil. Taeil just shook his head again, and Johnny sighed softly. 

"Sometimes I can't believe this is even happening," Taeil mumbled. 

"I know!" Johnny responded. "The whole soulmate thing is absolutely insane. I didn't think I'd meet mine as quickly as I did, especially one as special as you." 

Taeil smiled softly, biting his lip. But Johnny swallowed and slowly began to frown, turning away from Taeil. 

"What's wrong?" Taeil asked worriedly, turning towards his soulmate. 

Johnny paused a moment before speaking. "I know you weren't exactly...excited to be my soulmate at first. Like... I know this hasn't been as great for you as it has been for me, but... I don't know." Johnny looked up. "Do you still hate me? Do you still think I'm annoying?" 

Taeil in a guilty breath and exhaled slowly. He was immediately filled with regret at the way he'd treated Johnny before, when they first found out. Johnny didn't deserve the ill treatment and judgement. Now, Johnny meant so much to him, and to think Johnny was still afraid Taeil didn't like him broke his heart. 

"I don't think you're annoying. At all. No, no way. Before this whole...thing happened, I had made a lot of assumptions about you that really didn't have any basis. So I was hesitant. But now I know that I was a complete idiot for thinking such bad things about you." Johnny looked up at Taeil hopefully at those words. "You're not annoying, you're absolutely hilarious. You're gentle, and kind, and loving in ways I didn't think anyone really was. I thought people like you were just made up. You treat me like some sort of a prince, even though I was to you at first. I'm mad that you even had to ask that question! I'm mad at myself, I swear. You're so...special." Johnny began to laugh. "No, not special like that!" Taeil protested. "Like you're a once in a lifetime kind of guy. I mean it. Now, I-I don't hate you. I could never hate you," Taeil admitted, looking away. 

"Y-you really mean that?" Johnny asked softly. Taeil looked up and nodded. 

Johnny swallowed as he slowly began to smile. "I really thought you still hated me," he admitted. 

"This whole time?" Taeil cried. 

Johnny nodded. "This whole time." 

Taeil winced. "You really deserve better." 

Johnny immediately shook his head. "You're everything I could ever want. Now it's all just better." 

Taeil blushed and smiled down at his feet as Johnny pulled him deeper into his arms. "You really like me..." he mumbled. 

"That's how I feel," Taeil responded. "I'd really given up on the idea that anyone would ever like me." 

"That's so stupid. You're...you're so lovely, Taeil. I swear. You don't see the magic in you, but I do. I promise." 

"You're so cheesy sometimes," Taeil whined quietly, laughing into Johnny's chest. Johnny kissed Taeil's forehead and Taeil forced himself to hold back a literal squeal. 

They remained silent for quite some time. just appreciating the way their skin touch, sparks flowed, watching the light begin to slowly but surely fade in the sky through the trees. Breaths fanned, tickling hair, hands rubbed infinity signs into skin. 

"Hey Taeil?" Johnny asked, a nervous inflection in his tone. 

"Yeah?" Taeil responded curiously, unsure of what Johnny was about to ask. 

"I-I know this question is sort of arbitrary...I mean I'm not seeing anyone else, and I'm pretty sure you're not either, plus we're freakin soulmates for god's sake..." 

"What is it?" Taeil asked. 

"Well...uh...I know that it's sort of stupid, but I kinda want it to be, like, official, so...will you...uh...be my boyfriend? Like, officially?" Johnny asked. 

Taeil paused for quite a few moments, eyes growing wider. "Y-you want to be my boyfriend? Like for real?" Taeil asked in surprise. 

Johnny nodded. "Y-yeah, of course." 

"Like... you don't mind if other people at school know?" 

"Of course! I would want everyone to know. My friends are annoyed enough since I never shut up about you," Johnny responded. 

"R-really?" Taeil asked. 

Johnny sighed. "Why are you so surprised?" 

"I-I just wouldn't believe that you wanna be seen with me. I-I'm not-" 

"Don't even finish that sentence. You are," Johnny interrupted. "Now, will you be my boyfriend or not?" 

Taeil slowly smiled. "I-I'd love to be your boyfriend," he quietly responded, grinning as Johnny pressed their foreheads together. 

"Good," he mumbled against Taeil's lips, pulling him in for a soft, adoring kiss. When they pulled away Johnny smiled at Taeil, guiding his hair back. 

"You're my boyfriend now," Taeil said, more for himself than anyone else. 

Johnny chuckled. "I am," he responded, pecking Taeil's lips, then his cheek, then his nose, then everywhere on his face until Taeil was a giggling mess, laughing and rolling in the grass. 

They remained that way as long as they could, touching and kissing and talking about things that didn't matter, but god was it fun when it was just the two of them together. Eventually, the sun sunk so low in the sky that the park was dark, the setting sun beginning to give way to dusk. 

Johnny sighed, glaring at the sky for forcing him away from his Taeil. "We'd better get you home," he spoke sadly. 

"Yeah," Taeil sadly responded. Johnny stood up before it became too hard, helping up Taeil too. 

They silently walked back to the car, still hand in hand. They got inside, Taeil putting his address into the GPS to head home. 

The ride home was quiet, both too sad to be parted for today. Yes, they'd see each other again at school the next morning, but this still felt almost unbearably painful. The sky grew darker as they drove down the highway, turning off onto the string of suburban houses that Taeil called home. 

A few twists and turns was all it took for Johnny to end up outside Taeil's, pulling into his driveway with a sigh. 

"We'll see each other tomorrow at school," Taeil said, almost laughing at how dramatic they were being. 

"It's true," Johnny responded with a shrug, tilting Taeil's cheek towards him. "But I'll still miss you." 

This time Taeil was the one who leaned in for a kiss, no longer fearful that Johnny was going to push him away. They were boyfriends now, for real, and even though Taeil could hardly believe it he was still overjoyed. 

They pulled away, smiling this time, and Johnny gave Taeil another peck. 

"Go. I don't want your mom hating me before we've even met," he spoke. Taeil giggled and grabbed his things, waving goodbye and shutting the door. 

As soon as Johnny had driven away, Taeil released that long withheld squeal. Johnny was his boyfriend!