Chapter 6

The Jung Trap

Yunho tensed with Changmin’s question but answered his question, “Why do you ask? Why do you think I would marry him? Taemin is just my friend.”

Changmin responds to Yunho’s questions, “Halmeoni, told me to be friends with him. Why? I already have friends!”

“Look Changmin, how old are you?” Yunho ask as he tried to calm Changmin who's in the verge of tears.

“You know it Appa.” Changmin diverted his eyes away from Yunho.

“I’m asking you Jung Changmin.”, making Changmin focused on him, holding his cheeks.

“I’m 10 years old.”, replied the kid back.

“Do you think I would wait 10 years to get married? And I don’t know if you remembered, before I was asked by your Halmeoni to get married, you’re growing up you need the love and care of a mother. I asked you and you said no. So now, I’m gonna ask you again. Do you want me to re-marry?” Yunho explained.

Changmin hesitated to answer first, but then he proceed, “I don’t want you to re-marry. What if you’re going to leave me too?” tears starts to form in Changmin’s eyes and continued, “but... I don’t want you to be alone as well. I want you.... to be happy.”

Yunho was surprised with what Changmin said. He knows that he can’t give the complete family that Changmin wants. He tried to search for Jae joong and the two kids, but the investigator said that they died a few days after Jae joong left with the kids and with the money he received from Yunho's parents in exchange for Changmin.

On the day their kids were born, he really did his best to return immediately after knowing that Jae joong was sent in the hospital to gave birth to the triplets. During that time, Jae Joong was said to be mentally unstable and keeps on rejecting the third child, that child is Changmin.

“Look Changmin, I’m not alone. I am here with you. Why do you think like that?” Yunho hugs Changmin, “I’m happy coming home, eating dinner with you, play with you, cook with you and all the activities we could share. Don’t think that I will leave you like your Eomma and your brothers. I promise not to leave you and get married, unless you want me to and you’re ready. Do you believe me? Do you believe Appa? Yunho made Changmin look into his eyes, “Yes Appa, I believe you.” Changmin hug Yunho really tight and cried, pouring all the emotions that build in him, all the anxiety and fear of not being with his mother.

 

At Jae joong and the twins’ house

The twins are preparing to go to school, they noticed that Jae joong is busy choosing what clothes to wear. Yoochun ask his mother, “Eomma, are you gonna meet Aunt Heechul?”.

“Hmm? Maybe, I would visit him after the interview. He wants me to go with him to the supermarket.” Jae joong replied while looking at a black and red stripes shirt.

“What interview?” Yoochun asked.

“Leeteuk’s friend is looking for a Sous chef and told me to apply. I already asked Jang Hoon hyeong before pursuing this application.” told Jae joong.

“Then what about this house? What will happen if you got accepted? Are we gonna leave?” Yoochun asked his mother.

Jae joong replied, “I told him that I would work at the restaurant in the late afternoon, but he insist that I would get tired and would not be able to take care of you guys. He told me to that you guys should have your part time job downstairs during your vacation. Would that be ok?”

“Yes Eomma, we would help Uncle Jang Hoon.”, assured Yoochun.

After a while, Junsu called Yoochun saying that its about time that they leave for school.

“Good luck on your interview Eomma! We’re off to school.” Junsu said as he kiss Jae joong’s cheeks and went downstairs.

“Say Hello to Aunt Heechul and good luck on your interview! I hope you’ll get accepted.” Yoochun gave his mother a kiss on his cheeks.

“Yes, I will tell him. Take care of your brother, check for cars before crossing the street. Have fun at school.” Jae joong reminded Yoochun.

“Yes!”, Yoochun went downstairs to be with Junsu.

 

At the restaurant.

“Shindong, this is Kim Jae joong, but he likes to be called JJ at work.” Jae joong bowed as he was introduced by Leeteuk to Shindong. “He’s the chef that I’ve been telling you.”

Leeteuk continued, “Jae, this is Shindong, my friend and the manager of the restaurant. I hope you would be able to impress him to get the job.”

“Hi JJ! I’m Shindong, the manager of Escape the Restaurant. Our restaurant has an Eat All You Can concept wherein customers would choose from three food set or board game and the customers would eat the food that their game tokens landed. We believe that our restaurant is the first in the country and most of our customers are students to middle age employees. So expect a lot of busy days.”, said Shindong.

“Yes, I understand Shindong-ssi.”, replied Jae joong.

“Since you’re Leeteuk’s friend and he said you got skills. I won’t do any test or evaluation. Please start immediately, I think next week would do. The owner would like to meet you, I told him that you would arrive around this time, so please wait for him.”

“Yes, thank you for your hard work. May I please be excuse? I would like to familiarize myself with the kitchen.”, said Jae joong.

“Ok, go ahead.”, replied Shindong.

Jae joong began to explore and familiarize himself with the kitchen and the menu, he can’t believe that he would work at such posh place. Jae joong returned at the reception when Shindong’s phone rang.

“Yes, Jung-ssi. Yeah, the new sous chef is here and he’s waiting for you. What? Is everything ok with Changmin? Ok then, I’ll tell him then. Bye!”, Shindong turned to Jae joong as he end the phone call. “JJ, I think the owner would meet you some other time. He was caught on something personal.”

“Oh no problem. I would take my leave then. Thank you very much!” Jae joong bowed once again to Shindong then he and Leeteuk left to meet with Heechul.

-----

A/N: This is to make up for the short chapter I . Hehe.. I honestly don't know how many words should be in the chapter. 🤣🤣 Thanks for the support guys!