Chapter 4

The Jung Trap

"Good morning Class!”, Sandara greet her class and every student stood up to give their greetings as well. After giving their greetings, the students behavely seated themselves.

After the student settled themselves she ask, “In your other class are you seated alphabetically according to your surnames?”

The class gave their nod of agreement to Sandara.

“So some of you didn’t know each other yet?” another nod of agreement was given to Sandara.

“Ok then, you’re going to be seated and grouped according to this..”, Sandara showed them a box which contains cutout of papers.

“The mechanics is to find the persons who has the other pieces, to form or complete the shapes, the cutouts are divided into three and different in color, so each completed shapes should have three members. After looking for your teammates take your seat, so other students can find their members. Any questions?” Sandara asked the whole class..

“None Miss.”, the Class President answered in behalf of the class.

One by one each student took a piece from the box, after everybody got their cutouts Sandara gave them the signal to look for their seatmates.

“Su, what’s your cutout and color?” ask Yoochun.

“Tell me yours first.”, Junsu mischievously replied his brother.

Yoochun frowned, but answered his brother. “Mine’s red and it looks like a star? Yeah, I think its a star!”

“What? Why do I have to seat next to you again?!”, whined Junsu.

Laughing at his brother whining he replied, “I guess we’re stuck together Su. I wonder who’s going to sit next to us?”

“Well, I hope he’s not boring. He should be friendly and nice! Intelligent too!” Junsu said while crossing his fingers.

“If he is friendly, maybe we could share our food with him.”, said Yoochun.

Changmin observes the twins and can’t help to get amused.

They seem so fun to be with. I wish my brothers are with me.’ he thought.

He check his cutout. It is red, and its a star. He looked around and saw students have their own groups already. He shyly approach the Kim twins first, Yoochun and Junsu saw Changmin’s approaching them and look at each other.

Crap-its-the-new-student look, as Junsu look next to his brother, which his brother replied him with I-know-deal-with-him-Su look.

Changmin greet the twins and said, “May I know your paper cutout?”, at the back of his mind Changmin wishes that the Kim twins will be his seat acquaintances. “Mine is a star, and the color is red.”

Yoochun replied by saying, “That’s us then. Welcome to this seat.” He offered his hand to Changmin which the other gladly took; Junsu followed his brother and shake Changmin’s hand as well and said, “I hope we’re going to have a good teamwork.” In which he replied, “Yeah, I’m looking forward doing class activities and be friends with you guys. Please take good care of me.” The twins acknowledge his reply. Changmin cannot hide his happiness that he got seated with the twins that amused him.

After every student in class found their groups Sandara formally started the class. “Hmm, that looks better! Seats are permanent. If you have any objections please see me at the faculty with the whole team. Otherwise, changing seats and teammates are strictly prohibited. Understood?”

“Yeess.. miiisss..”, the student answered in unison. “Oh, the triplets are group together! Isn’t that great?” the trio shyly smiled at their teacher’s remark.

Sandara then started the lesson.

After one and a half hours...

“Any questions with today’s lesson?”, asked Sandara. Few students asked and clarified, which she gladly answered all inquiries. “If you don’t have any questions, prepare for the upcoming short quiz next meeting followed by an ‘On the Spot’ performance task. It will show how acquainted are you with your new team” Sandara wink, “and to apply the lesson we have discussed today. If you don’t have any questions, class dismiss!” The students stand up and gave their greetings to Sandara.

The twins fix their bag to prepare to go home, they exchange looks as they feel shy to talk to Changmin first. Changmin notice the glances of the twins, so he’s the one who ask them first to reduce the awkwardness.

“Do you guys don’t have any club activities?” asked Changmin.

“We don’t have any club activities today since the seniors are busy preparing for the upcoming competition.”, replied Yoochun.

Changmin then turned to Junsu, which Junsu replied, “Neither do I. The seniors and the moderator attended a seminar workshop. The seniors are the priority since they’re about to graduate. How about you Changmin?”

“I did not join any clubs as of the moment. I’m still looking whether I’ll join the cooking club or the modern dancing club.”, answered Changmin.

“Well, if you’re free do you wanna go to our house?”, asked Yoochun.

Which Changmin nodded yes, he was happy with the invitation of Yoochun, he really wants to be friends with the Kim twins. He felt a connection with them, which he cannot understand as to why. The three of them were near the school gates when Changmin’s phone rang.

“Hello? Hello, Halmeoni.”

“Hi my Minnie-ah! Where are you? School’s done right?” asked Mrs. Jung.

“Yes, Halmeoni school’s done. I’m about to go to my friend’s house.”

Mrs. Jung continued talking to Changmin, “Is it ok if my Minnie-ah accompany me somewhere? I haven’t seen you for a while, and Halmeoni wants you to meet someone and he’s only available today.”

Changmin look at Yoochun and Junsu, waiting for him to finish his conversation. “Is that so?”, he sighed, he’s looking forward to the day that he could bond with the twins to know them better. “Ok, I’ll accompany you then.”

“Really Minnie-ah? Thank you very much! We'll see you at Mouse Rabbit Cafe? Its near your school right? Order anything you want, while your waiting. See you Minnie-ah!”

“See you, Halmeoni.”, Changmin ended the call and sighed once again. Yoochun noticed Changmin’s worried expression and asked, “Hey, Changmin what’s wrong? Who called?”

“My Halmeoni. I don’t think I can come home with you today. Could you tell your Eommoni that I’m very sorry, I won’t be able to meet him.”, replied Changmin.

“Aww, that ! I was already thinking what we’ll be playing and watching. Tho' we can’t win with your grandma and we should follow their orders.” said Junsu.

“Well, there’s always a next time don’t be disappointed Su.”, said Yoochun.

“Next time, I promise. I’ll tell my Appa and Halmeoni to not make any schedule if I’m going to your house. I’m really sorry, Yoochun and Junsu.”, Changmin bowed slightly to show them his sincerest apology to the twins. The twins and Changmin gone separate ways after they reach the school gates, they waved back to each other and walked separately with their own destination.

“I’m so disappointed, we can’t play with Changmin today. Now that I’m don't feel shy towards him.” said Junsu.

Yoochun put his arm towards Junsu’s shoulder to comfort his brother, “Well, we can’t help it Su. Our elders should be our priorities, remember what Eomma taught us? Be good towards your elders and always respect them.”

“You’re right. I hope we could have another free time the three of us, so we could hang out for real!” said Junsu.

“Yeah.” agreed Yoochun, “Let’s see who could go reach home faster. Ready?”, Junsu was surprised but quick to response to Yoochun’s invitation. “Go!”, the twins run with smile and laughs on their faces.

At the twins home.

The twins arrived home after running to reach their home. Junsu won this time. Jaejoong heard the twins as he heard them laugh, he welcomed them by giving a kiss on their cheeks. Jaejoong waits for another arrival of an individual, but no one arrived, he asked his son where’s their visitor.

“His grandma called him, so he didn’t make it today.” answered Yoochun.

“Well, that’s too bad. Did you told him that his welcome to play with you guys anytime?”, said Jaejoong.

“Yes, Eomma.” answered Junsu.

“Ok good, take a shower then after let’s have dinner.” Jaejoong took their school bags so that twins could take a shower.

And once again the Jaejoong’s home was filled with laugh and stories of their day.

 

----------

Thank you for your support everyone! I hope you'll like this chapter as well. Your subscriptions, upvotes, and comments inspires me to finish this chapter despite my busy work schedule. 사랑해요!