Chapter 11 - YunJae's Love Story

The Jung Trap

Where did it all started? Yunho and Jae joong's love story how did they meet and when did they have their relationship. Thank you for waiting!


“Hi, is this seat taken?” asked Jung Yunho as he started his first class in university, his on the final year.

“U-uhm, no, not taken.” a startled Kim Jae joong replied.

Jung Yunho sat beside Kim Jae joong and said, “Thank you, I was running late and thought that I won't have any seats.” sitting beside him.

‘...’, Jae joong don't know what to reply so he just nod, since he is a shy person. He was actually startled as to why this man sat beside him, even though there are still two or three seats available.

Yunho sensed that Jae joong may have a very timid personality. Yunho's the type that if you don't want to talk to him, he will not talk to you as well, but there's something that made him want to talk more to Jae joong so he said, “Am I making you uncomfortable?”

“Huh? Ah no.” Jae joong bowed his head, and thought ‘why is this man kept talking to me? I don't know what to say I'm so nervous I may stutter!’

Confirmed’, Yunho thought. Yunho decides to play a bit longer, ‘how dare this guy ignore me, when all of those men and women swarm next to me. This is challenging, let's see how long will he able to ignore me. Although I always see him in the library studying and that piqued my interest.'

“By the way I’m Jung Yunho, and you are?” Yunho extends his hands waiting for Jae joong's reply and hands as well.

“Why?” replied Jae joong.

“Huh? What why?” asked Yunho.

“Why do you need to know my name?” Jae joong already knew Jung Yunho, the handsome son of the number one hotelier in South Korea, men and women swarm around him. One's ideal partner, as he was handsome and smart as well. That's what he always hears from girls talking in the library.

“Ah well…” Yunho was caught off guard he wasn't expecting Jae joong to ask that question. “Um.. I guess since we're classmates that's why I want to know your name. So, may I know your name?”

Jae joong is still a little hesitant, why would a rich heir wants to know his name, but he gave in, “Kim Jae joong.”

“Kim Jae joong, what a cute name.” said Yunho.

Jae joong blushed when Yunho said his name. Yunho saw that Jae joong's face is starting to have a shade of pink, which he found so cute. He was about to talk again when the professor walked in the room.

“Ok people, good day. Are you ready for today's class?” said the professor.

Yunho was about to talk to Jae joong, but saw that the guy is so concentrated to listen. He satisfies himself by watching the beauty next to him.

The professor ramble and rambled on his discussion and finally gave their assignment, “Did you guys understand today's lesson?” a series of nod was seen, “Okay no questions? And with that get a partner and create a photo walk project called “Forever Memories”. I won't allow more than two person and no one will work on this project by themselves since you are 30 in this class. Submission will be next week.” and with that the professor left the classroom and let his students use the remaining hours to discuss their project.

Jae joong hates group project, since he's knows that he will be the only one who will do the project, and lastly, he doesn’t want to interact with his classmates, but he knew that the professor is strict and he wouldn't listen to Jae joong's request. He looks everywhere and it seems that Yunho is the only one who doesn't have a partner.

Yunho likes to tease Jae joong a little more, but sense that the beauty is already stressed so he said, “If you don't have any partner, can I be the one?” he paused and continue, “Uhmm.. Well that is, if you just want.”

Jae joong turned his face to Yunho, and it was Yunho’s first time that his world went slow and felt his heart thumping, he thought that it only happened on films.

“I'm not sure, I would still ask the Professor if I could do the project by myself.” said Jae joong. Hesitant to be paired with Yunho.

Yunho's shoulder went from proud to slump after hearing Jae joong's answer, he can't believed that this man is pretty hard to get. “You heard what he said! He won't accept people who will work on their own.” said Yunho.

“But… I don't have a fixed time to do it.” replied Jaejoong.

“If that's just your reason I don't see the point of not partnering with me. I could adjust to your schedule.” Yunho grins and then add up, “or maybe the other reason is that you don't trust me that I would help you in this project?”

Jae joong went silence.

“Haa.. Even though I look like an easy going person, I'm a responsible individual Kim Jae Joong. I need to be. Can I prove it to you?” said Yunho.

Jaejoong was taken aback with what Yunho said and immediately apologise, “I'm sorry I judge you immediately. Okay, okay, we will be partners. Here's my number, I need to go now. Bye.” and Jae joong quickly run off because of embarrassment.

After Jaejoong left, Yunho smiled with the way Jaejoong got embarrassed. He picked up the piece of paper where Jaejoong wrote his number and said, “You're so cute Kim Jaejoong.”

Jae joong is looking on his schedule when is the best time to fit his project with Yunho. He doesn't want to get fired because of this project. Jaejoong needs to earn a lot for this upcoming finals or he will not be able to graduate on time.

A year ago, Jae joong's parents died on a plane crash, when they were about to go to Guam to open another restaurant, but the private plane malfunctioned and crash in the ocean. Jaejoong was devastated with what happened to his parents, he was thankful that they did not leave any debt behind, but nothing is left for Jaejoong to continue the restaurant and live his daily life. He had no relatives to go and cry when he needs to. Jaejoong decided to do double jobs so that he would be able to finish his course.

Jaejoong’s phone ring, and told him that he received a text message, and the message is from Yunho and it read…

 

Hi Jae joong, this is Jung Yunho. Let's do the assignment tomorrow?" the text message read. 

Another text message is received.

Hey... Jae joong? Kim Jae joong..."

And another one was received.

Hey! Are you ignoring me?? I'm just trying to help!"

“Why is he texting me a lot??” said Jae joong, and he decided to answer Yunho.

 

“I’m still checking my schedule.”

 

Yunho is fast to reply.

 

Huh? What schedule? Don't you have any free period? Why don't we skip classes if you're not available, then after that let's have a date. Sounds good right?"

Jae joong is dumbfounded, he can’t believe what he just read.. Him skipping? No way! He replied and said,

“It’s not that I don’t have free periods, it’s just that I have part time jobs and I need to fix my schedule first.”

After a minute he received a reply.

Ohh... Part time jobs, if that's your problem, then I'm going to pay for the hours that you need, just go on a date with me."

Jae joong was offended with the words Yunho is saying and replied.

“I DON’T NEED YOUR MONEY! I don’t want to be partners with you anymore!”

Jae joong’s phone began to ring, it was a call from Yunho, since he was not ready to talk to Yunho as he was so offended with the words the other said. He decline the call and a tear began to escape his eyes, if his parents were alive he will not have any problems with the schedule and he will not be alone. Jae joong felt so sad.

The next day, Jae joong went to the faculty room to talk to his professor, and as he was expecting the professor declined Jae joong's request to do the project individually. Jae joong left the faculty room and was met by Yunho.

Yunho was surrounded by girls and guys, walking like they own the hallway. Upon seeing this, Jae joong walk fast bowing his head down. Of course the beauty didn't escape Yunho's eyes and told everyone that he needs to do his project with his classmate, and the crowd just let him leave. Yunho quickly run to Jae joong and was able to catch him.

“Jae joong.” said Yunho holding Jae joong's arm. Jae joong stopped walking.

“Jae joong.” Yunho said once again, “Jae joong, look at me.” Yunho's heart broke into pieces when he saw Jae joong's eyes swollen, and thought that he really did offend Jae joong. Yunho can't understand himself, this is the first time he felt sorry for the things that he said. As a matter of fact, he doesn't care if the girls he date cry or bawled themselves just to stay with him, but with Jae joong, a swollen eyes from crying made his heart broke into pieces.

“Look, I'm sorry if I offended you with my words last night. I didn't mean it, and was a jerk for saying that. Could you forgive me and give me another chance? I'll do the project correctly, just do this with me. Okay?” said Yunho.

Jae joong is still offended with Yunho's action, but can't stay mad and not forgive the guy, he doesn't know why. Jae joong nod and said, “Tomorrow, I'm available to do the project for six hours, I need to go to my part time job after that. Let's meet at Haru & One Day around 1pm.” after saying that Jae joong released himself and run away.

The next day came and Yunho went to the cafe that Jae joong instructed him to go to. He went inside and saw that the beauty is one of the server in the cafe. Yunho saw Jae joong, and the other saw him. Yunho smiled and greet Jaejoong, “Hey.” he said. Jae joong gave him a nod and smiled, “ah hey, welcome. Please wait for me I'm going to get my things. Take a seat.” Yunho did what was instructed to him and sit, he observed the cafe his working in and he really wants to smack himself for saying those words to Jae joong. A few minutes go by and Jae joong arrived with his bag and left the cafe.

Yunho opened his car door, but Jae joong said, “I think we should not use your car, how do we create ‘forever memories’ if we are gonna use your car to go around the city it will be hard for us to roam around since we need to go to places with parking spaces. Do you know how to use the train?” asked Jaejoong.

“Um, no, I don't know how to use the train. I’ve never tried it before.” replied Yunho.

“hmm.. Is that so? Okay, then we are going to use the train, to create your forever memories, Yunho.” said Jaejoong. Yunho was amazed at how Jaejoong said those words, its like he can't help but be interested with the man in front of him.

They started walking and after a few minutes Yunho heard the camera click. He turn around and heard another click. “Hey, what are you doing?” asked Yunho.

“Making our project, your forever memories. Just stand there it’s a good angle.” replied Jaejoong.

“But why me? Why am I the subject?” said Yunho.

“Because this is your first time to do a lot of things? Yeah, that's why you are the subject.” teased Jae joong. Yunho did what Jae joong had said he didn't argue because of the promise he made with Jaejoong. They did a lot of things like eating fish cake on the streets of Hongdae, played Ppopgi, wherein you need to cut out the shape designed on the caramelized sugar with a stick, take a photo in the photo booth available in the train station, shopping for clothes where the store is located in an underground store, and all of these are Yunho's first time. Jae joong have some photos on Yunho's camera as well. After the shoot they went back to the cafe to talk about the plans on how they would present their project, while the two of them are talking, a man approached them and left a note and keychain on the table.

The note said, “Please buy this keychain for any amount, I just need to buy food and scarf, for the upcoming winter. Thank you.” and the man leave and went to the other tables. After reading the note Yunho pulled out his wallet and place a 300,000 won on the top of the note. Jae joong is surprised of how big the amount Yunho will give to the beggar.. He took the money and ask Yunho, “What are you doing? This amount is so big! We are not sure whether he is saying the truth or not.”

To which Yunho replied and said, “I know that the amount is big and he could by a lot of food and a jacket. But people have their circumstances and I realized it because of you.”

“Huh? Why me?” asked Jae joong.

“Remember I told you that I would buy your time and you got mad at me, I realized that I'm a total jerk and didn't care about your feelings that you have reasons as to why your time is limited, and I saw it earlier. That I should not judge and buy people's time. And I'm really sorry for being a jerk, Jae joong. I hope we start anew.” said Yunho.

Jaejoong was so embarrassed after hearing what Yunho said and automatic felt his whole face turn red, “What are you saying? You are not being a jerk, and I understand that it's just your way of doing things. Everything is serve to you, though I'm happy that it turned out well?” shyly replied by Jaejoong. Then the man who left the not returned to their table and Jaejoong look one last to Yunho signaling him if he was sure to give the 300,000 won and the other man approved. The man left with the money and the note. After finalizing everything they need to do on their project it was time for Jaejoong to start his shift.

“Thank you for giving time to do this project with me, I hope our idea will be acknowledged by the professor. And once again, I'm sorry for being an insensitive jerk.” said Yunho, he was saddened that Jaejoong would start his work now he would to spend more time with the beautiful man, but Jaejoong needs to work and earn a living.

“Why do you keep on apologizing! Ugh.. Well, if you really want my forgiveness then okay, you are forgiven Jung Yunho. Okay?” said Jaejoong.

A giant is watching from afar the actions of the two college students and decides to approach Jaejoong, it was the owner of the cafe, Seo Jang Hoon.

“Jaejoong-ah, why don't you leave early for today and just start your shift tomorrow? I think you are really tired doing that project with this young man.” said Jang Hoon.

“Ah no Hyung, its okay I can manage and finish my shift.” replied Jaejoong.

“I said it's okay for you to start tomorrow, you used your brain to do that project, and I think it's quite big since you're talking seriously. Go on and rest. The cafe is not that full, since its Wednesday. If you're worrying about your pay then you are still paid think of it as a gift for studying hard. Okay?” said Seo Jang Hoon.

Jaejoong knows that if Seo Jang Hoon decides, he is serious and won't take no as an answer. “Okay Hyung if you insist, I'll take that offer.” said Jae joong, he turned to Yunho and said. “I'll just get my things.”

Jang Hoon smiled to Jae joong and turned his vision to Yunho, “Hey you young man, what's your name?”

Yunho is surprised, but answered the question, “It's Yunho, Jung Yunho sir.”

“Yunho, take Jae joong to his home and let him rest. Make sure he buys food for his dinner, this boy tends to forget to eat dinner.” said Seo Jang Hoon.

“Yes sir, I'll make sure.” said Yunho.

“And Yunho, I know you like Jae joong.” said Seo Jang Hoon. Yunho was shocked as to how Jang Hoon knew about his feelings for Jae joong. The giant man continue, “I see it, everytime you look at him, please don't hurt this boy, he was hurt enough, especially after his parents died and left him with nothing. Surviving on his own.”

Yunho now understands why Jaejoong was so offended by his reply, he felt guilty again. Yunho replied to him, “Yes sir, I'll take care of Jaejoong. Thank you for trusting me.” After that conversation Jae joong appeared with his things, he said his goodbyes to Seo Jang Hoon and thanking him for giving a day off. With Jae joong in the car, Yunho drives very carefully unlike how he usually drives, the car's music and Jae joong hums together with the music and Yunho fell again. He doesn't want to interrupt the humming, but he needs to remind Jae joong to eat dinner.

“Jae joong , do you have food at your house like for dinner? Because we could stop by to a grocery.” asked Yunho.

Jae joong stops humming to reply, “Yes, I have.”

“What is it?” asked Yunho, investigating more.

“I have packs of Ramyeon and few eggs to eat.” said Jae joong then continue his humming.

“What? Ramens and eggs? That's not nutritious! No wonder, you are skinny.” said Yunho.

Jae joong was about to react, but then realized that Yunho's right and he ate nothing but noodles for this past weeks for dinner. He kept his mouth shut and listen to Yunho's “Reminders”.

“This won't do, we're going to the grocery store.” said Yunho and turned his car to go the grocery store.

“Hey, Yunho.. What are you doing? Eggs.. Eggs are healthy! Hey Yunho!” panicky replied by Jaejoong.

“I know eggs are healthy, but it cannot sustain someones daily nutrition needs. Aigoo, Kim Jae joong .” said Yunho as he continues driving towards the grocery store, but Yunho saw that Jae joong is in panic mode and he thought, he went ahead on himself and didn't consider the other's feelings. Then it hit him, maybe the reason Jae joong does that is to save money, but still, not a reason to just stick eating ramen with eggs as a daily food. They arrived at the grocery store Yunho opened the door for Jae joong and said, “Don't worry about a thing, just come with me.” and extends his hand to the other man and get off on the car. Inside the grocery store Yunho is getting all the things that he think is healthy and needed by Jae joong, meat, pork, and chicken are included in “Yunho's grocery list”, he also took some squid and prawns, mushroom, condiments, vegetables, cereals and oats, some snacks, and a whole lot more. Jae joong tried to tell the other that he is getting too much, since he's the only one in the apartment his renting but was reminded by Yunho not to worry. At the cashier, Jae joong ng tried to give Yunho some money to pay for the grocery, but was declined and said “It is my gift to you, since you've forgiven me for the mistakes I did the other day. Jae joong can't do anything since the look on Yunho's face is so serious. After the grocery shopping, Yunho drive Jae joong to his home since carrying 4 medium boxes of grocery is hard to carry. Inside the car Jae joong is thinking of a way to thank Yunho for all the generosity he have given him, it will save him a month of spending and at the same he will not eat those ramen packs. They arrived at the front of his apartment and Yunho ran to Jae joong's side to open the door for him and remove all the boxes from the car trunk.

“Are you sure you could carry those inside the house? Coz I could help you carry it.” said Yunho.

“Ah yes, its okay, I can do it. You've done enough for me Yunho. I'll try to repay you.” answered Jae joong .

“What pay me? You don't need to pay me, this is my gift to you, but if you insist to pay me. Hmmm…” said Yunho thinking, while Jae joong is hoping that it will not something he could not do then Yunho continue, “Aha! How about you pay me by giving me a home-cook lunch tomorrow and have that meal with me,reasonable right?”

Jae joong nod and smiled at Yunho and thank the taller man. Yunho walked closely to Jae joong and kissed his forehead which surprised the other man, Yunho said his goodbyes to Jae joong and drive away still looking at the rear view mirror of his car. He is so happy with the progress he made with Jae joong today. Yunho thought this day will not happen, since Jae joong is always alone and always in a hurry when he tries to approach him in the library. Thank the heavens he said, he will surely sleep happy tonight.

Jae joong just stood there dumbfounded of what Yunho did to him, ‘why did he kissed me? Is it because I forgave him?’. But nevertheless Jae joong is happy today, not because of the 4 grocery boxes or the paid leave he was given, but he saw the genuine smiles and expression of Yunho doing his first things, it made him happy. He was quick to judge Yunho, and that judgment proved him wrong. He checked again the photos he took today and can't help but smile, then he realized that he was smiling like an idiot, then he suddenly remember the kiss Yunho made which made him blush, what is happening to him?


The two continued to be friends and see each other once in a while, continue to be partners when there's a project to be done in school. Jae joong cooking lunch for the both of them. They were now both in the final semester, when one night Jae joong was invited by Yunho to have dinner. Yunho told Jae joong to go to a restaurant and the other replied yes, and was told they would just see each other in the restaurant. Jae joong went to the venue and saw that it was a posh restaurant, the one that you need to have a reservation, he is not ready for this as his clothes are the normal clothes he always use. He was about to message Yunho, when the taller man saw him.

“Jae?” Yunho said.

Jae joong turn around and saw Yunho wearing a very nice clothes, fit for the restaurant. “Ahm Yunho, good evening.” replied by Jae joong .

Yunho was quick to sense that Jae joong is not comfortable now that he saw the venue, he quickly grabbed the hand of the other man and went inside the restaurant.

“Hey Yunho! Where are we going? I don't belong here, people might look at me and be disgusted.” said Jaejoong but upon entering the restaurant there's no one inside. They stopped walking and Yunho faced him. “You don't need to worry, I've got everything under controlled. Let's go and enjoy the night.” said Yunho holding Jaejoong hands tighter. Jaejoong blushed with the words Yunho have said and let the other man do what he wants. They sit and the waiter lay some dishes, an appetizer to be exact, and bowed after doing his job. A lot of food have been served to the table and they enjoyed every bit of it. Talking and laughing as if they are the only people in this world. After the dinner, they move to another section in the restaurant, the door have a sign, “VIP”. Jaejoong really is amazed as to how Yunho is crazy rich. The ambience of the place is really beautiful, as the view is spectacular, the city lights and the moon shining is one the best view Jaejoong saw in his life, while he's enjoying the view Yunho took his hand and hold it tight, intertwining his fingers to Jaejoong. Jaejoong is surprised and was about to react, when he saw Yunho looking at him lovingly, smiling at him,

“... Yunho.”, Jaejoong said.

“Jae, there's something I want to tell you. I want to tell you this a long time ago, but I'm afraid that you'll get scared and run away. But I'm so determined to say this to you, I need to or I can't handle it anymore.” said Yunho. Jae joong doesn't have any idea, what Yunho will say.

“Jae, I really like you, not as a friend, but I like you romantically. I want to be with you everyday, every hour, and forever. I want to have a relationship with you.” Yunho said putting Jae joong's hand in his lips kissing them. Jae joong is surprised with what Yunho said, but now he finally understand why he is always happy when he was with Yunho. He also love the man, and was not good in realizing Yunho's feelings for him, and also his feelings.

“But I'm not the same as you. I'm not rich, I'm just an ordinary person now. I may not give you all the time you need, I have a lot of part time jobs. I'm not the person who you will be proud of. You might be the least of my priority if we continue this.” said Jaejoong crying, saying everything what's on his mind, the worry and fears he have.

Yunho just smiled and said, “I know Jae, I know, but I can't hold it anymore. I don't want to be just your friend anymore. I don't care if you're just an ordinary person, it’s not your fault. I am proud that you could take care of yourself and survived everything on your own now. Isn't that something to be proud of? I love you Jae.” pulling Jae joong into a hug, while the other man is crying.

“I love you too, Yunho.” Jae joong said while hugging Yunho tightly.

Under the moonlight that spreads in the city, the two now lovers just had their very first kiss.


And there we have it, the original plan is to just compact everything in our chapter, then I change my mind I want everything to be in detailed. For the next chapter, Jaejoong's pregnancy and the birth of the triplets and the appearance of the Monster-in-law. Thank you very much for patiently waiting for the update!