Chapter 9

The Jung Trap

“Good evening, I'm Changmin's father, Jung Yunho.”

As Jung Yunho stood at the front door of Jae joong's house. Heechul was a little surprised with the guy in front of him, he thought that he saw the guy somewhere, but can't remember when and where, seeing Heechul is staring at him he asked, “Is this the house of Kim Yoochun and Junsu?” because of Yunho's question Heechul quickly return to his senses, “Ah, yes, sorry, I thought I just saw you somewhere. Maybe you just looked someone from the television.” Heechul laughs awkwardly, “I'm Kim Heechul, wait I'm gonna call Changmin. Changmin, your father is here!” Changmin quickly run to his father and hug him, Yoochun and Junsu tagged along. Heechul goes to the kitchen to call Jae joong. After Changmin gave his father a hug he introduce the twins to Yunho, “Appa, this is Yoochun and Junsu.” the twins showed their greetings by bowing, Yoochun is the first one to greet Yunho, “Hello Uncle! I'm Kim Yoochun.” followed by Junsu, “And I'm Kim Junsu! Nice to meet you!”

“Okay Yoochun and Junsu are you ready to stay and bond with us?”, asked Yunho, the twins nod in agreement.

At the kitchen

Heechul went to the kitchen, “Joongie, are you done? Changmin's father have arrived please greet him.”

“Yes, I'm done just putting the bento in the bag.”, answered Jae joong. They were about to leave the kitchen when Jae joong's phone rang. Jae joong would decline the caller if its other people, but the call is from Jang Hoon's number he answered and said, “Ah Hyung? What is it?”

“Jae joong are you busy? I need you in the kitchen right now, Shirota got into an accident and the restaurant is a full house! Can you come down now? I just really need you. A whole company is celebrating their party here and we cannot afford to lose them. They're one of our important customers.” said Jang Hoon.

Jae joong was a little hesitant, he really wants to meet Changmin's father and send his twins to their adventure, but Jang Hoon has helped him a lot and this is one of the times he could return the assistance Jang hoon gave to him. He answered and said, “Ok Hyung, I'll be right there.” Jae joong gave the bags containing the food to Heechul.

“Heechul do me a favor, please give this to Yoochun and Junsu, tell them the three bags are for them to eat along the way and the other container is for them to give to Changmin's father. Tell them I just really need to help Jang Hoon hyung, Shirota got into an accident and we have an important customer, tell them I will pick them up at Changmin's house. Okay?”

Heechul nod and said, “Oh, okay then! I'll just ask Changmin's father for the house address. You go ahead, I'm sure they will understand.” Jae joong went to the restaurant downstairs thru the kitchen door. Heechul brought the containers and obviously the twins are looking for Jae joong as they are expecting that Jae joong wouldn't missed this event.

“Aunt Heechul where's Eomma?” asked Junsu.

“Your Eomma had a call at the restaurant, looks like one of the Chef's got into an accident and they have a very important customer. He said that he will just pick you up at Changmin's house.” although Junsu felt sad he understood why Jae joong had to it. Heechul gave them the bags containing their food, “Here, your Eomma told me to eat that snacks along the way. Be safe and enjoy ok? We'll just see you tomorrow night.” Heechul kiss the cheeks of twins, after doing that he approached Yunho. “Mr. Jung, I'm sorry that Jae, the twins’ mother will not be able to see you personally as he was called by his boss to help in the kitchen downstairs, one of the chef's got into an accident and the restaurant is jump-packed with customers. He said to gave you this.” Heechul gave the bag to Yunho, which he gladly accepts. “Thank you, please extend my regards to Mr. Kim.”

“Oh by the way, I need your address so me and Jae could get the kids tomorrow night.”, said Heechul.

Yunho immediately replied, “Well, I can just send them back here.”

“We don't want to trouble you anymore, and Jae didn't gave his greetings to you formally so please let us do it.”, said Heechul.

“Ok then, here's my personal card. If you get lost along the way just give me a call, the number are written as well.” said Yunho.

Heechul receives the card, “Thank you Mr. Jung. Are you sure we haven’t met or saw each other before? Because you looked so familiar.”

“Maybe we have met somewhere, but I can't remember if we did indeed meet. As far as I remember we haven't met yet.” said Yunho.

“Ah well, maybe it’s just my hormones making it. Being pregnant made me a little forgetful sometimes.” replied Heechul. 

“Ok then Heechul-ssi, we will take our leave. Thank you and have a nice evening.” said Yunho and went inside the car to start the engine. Heechul waves goodbye and went back to Jae joong's house to get his things, he knew he can't bother Jae joong so he just sent him a message that he could read later and just went home.


Later that night

Jae joong came back from the house dead tired, it was even more tiring because he came home in silent home since he was alone. He decided to call Heechul, “Heechulie, are you about to sleep?”

Heechul answered and said, “No, not yet. Dead tired?”

“hmm, yeah. What happened earlier? What does the twins say?” asked Jae joong.

“Well, they are sad especially Junsu, but he understands and smiled back when I said that we are going to pick them up at Changmin's house. I left the address at the counter.” said Heechul.

“Ok thank you! I'll just check on it tomorrow. Thank you Heechul.” said Jae joong.

“You are always welcome. By the way Jae, I think I have seen or met Changmin's father through you, but I can't remember if you really did. Anyways, that kid's father is handsome! You will see tomorrow after we get the twins. I need to sleep now, Siwon is calling me to bed. I'll just see you tomorrow ok? Good night Jae! Mwuah!” said Heechul.

“Ok ok. I'll see you tomorrow. Good night, say my hello to Siwon.”, replied Jae joong. “Hmmm, met Changmin's father thru me? Anyways, I need to call the twins.” muttered Jae joong.


The twins and Changmin in the car after they left the house. 

“I'm so excited to see your house Changmin! Are we going to play a lot?”, said Junsu.

“Yeah, we will play a lot of games at our house. Do you want to bake a cookie?”, said Changmin.

“Oh, let's do that! But we also need to do our report and presentation about this activity.” said Yoochun, reminding them about the project.

“Yikes, I totally forgot about that.” replied Junsu.

Yunho listens to the conversation of the trio and he can't believe that he was totally happy about it. He was also glad that the twins are treating Changmin well. He was quite worried that Changmin would be alone here in Korea, just like when they were in US. Yunho did not anticipate the patronage of the koreans to his restaurant with the unique concept of the restaurant, with that, the time that he was supposed to give to Changmin lessens. So he was really thankful to the twins that made friends with his son. 

After a 15 minute drive they arrived at their house, the twins went in awe as they got off the car, and Junsu just muttered, “Wow! It's like in the movies!”. The house has a big garden, a flowery pathway, a koi fish pond, and the outer wall of the house is made out of glass. Yunho and Changmin stood together near the door and Yunho said, “Yoochun, Junsu, welcome to our house!” followed by Changmin, “I hope that you will have fun here in our house.” and the twins returned a big smile on their faces.

Yunho went to the kitchen and the trio followed and said, “I'm sure you'd like to have something to go with your mother's snack. Let's see… “ he first put the food container Heechul gave him and start to check on the refrigerator. Yunho quickly got some orange juice and gave them to Changmin, and he got out a big bag of fries and asked, “Is fries okay with you guys? Just to go well with the sandwiches your mom gave you.” The trio agreed, Yunho quickly get the air fryer ready and toss the fries in the bin. After a few minutes the fries is ready and Changmin put it on a plate and the four of them enjoyed the snacks Jae joong gave them.

Just like Jae joong, Yunho started asking the twins about their lives. “So Yoochun, Junsu, when is your birthday?” asked Yunho.

Yoochun answered and said, “It's December 26.”

Yunho was surprised and said, “Really?! Its the same as Changmin then! Changmin I think you instantly got two brothers with you!” and Changmin nod and smile.

“How about your parents what are they doing?” Yunho asked again.

This time Junsu answered, “Eomma is a chef at Uncle Jang Hoon's restaurant.”

“And your father?”, another follow up question of Yunho.

“We don't know who are Dad is, when we were born my dad was not with our Eomma.” said Yoochun.

Yunho was taken aback with the answer of Yoochun. So the childeren where abandoned by their father. He just hit the landmine, talking about abandonment was the last thing he want to talk about. Changmin got the feel of it and said, “Yoochun, Junsu are you done? Let's play in my room I'll show much cooler toys than the switch.” Hearing the word game the twins got excited and finished immediately their snacks. They thanked Yunho and proceeded to Changmin's room. The trio started playing with the games and toys that Changmin has.

Junsu started saying, “Changmin you have a cool house! I wish we could lived in a house like this. It is so big, cool, and advanced (high technology)!”

“Well, living in a such big house also have its disadvantage. I actually like living at your house, it may seem small, but at least you are always together it feels warm and cozy.” replied Changmin.

“I think we should sleep, its starting to get late and we have a lot of things to do tomorrow.” said Yoochun. The trio was about to sleeo when the Yoochun's phone rings. He answered and was happy that it was their mother.

“Eomma! We're about to sleep.. Yes.. his here with me.. Changmin too.. Oh okay.” Yoochun put the phone to speaker mode so Junsu and Changmin could hear.

“Junsu-ah, Changmin-ie! How are you there?” said Jae joong.

“Eomma! We're are doing fine and ate the snacks you packed for us. Thank you! I love you!” said Junsu.

“Aunt Jae joong! Its me Changmin.. Thank you for the snacks we love it! Thank you for taking care of us!” said Changmin.

“That's good to hear that you liked it! I was just checking on you both, and Eomma is sad because I'm alone tonight, but since I'm so tired today because of what happened at the restaurant I think I'll be able to sleep immediately. I miss you boys, and you too Changmin!” smiles can be felt when Jae joong said the last sentence. “Good night! Mwuah.. Mwuah.. Mwuah.. “ and the call ended.

A knock was heard at the door, and Yunho entered the room, “Are you guys having fun?” asked Yunho. The trio nod yes and Yunho continue, “That's good to hear, but checking at the clock it seems that it is past your bedtime. I need your strength for tomorrow's activity, so I think we need to sleep. May I trust you that you will put yourselves to sleep?” the trio once again nod in agreement. “Okay then, good night!”

In which Changmin replied, “Yes, Appa. Good night.” Yoochun and Junsu followed in saying their good nights to Yunho. Changmin stood up and said, “I think we should clean this and start to sleep.”

“Do you have any idea where are we going Changmin?” asked Junsu.

“hmm.. Well I don't really know, but I'm sure it will be fun.” replied Changmin.

“Then let's sleep so the time will be quick and when we wake up it’s the time for it!”, said Yoochun. Both Changmin and Junsu agreed went to bed and sleep.


The next morning, the trio wake up on their own and proceeded to the kitchen where they find Yunho cooking breakfast for them. Yunho saw the children and told them to proceed to the dining room. Junsu's eyes are fascinated with the amount of food to choose from and can't believe that it feels like his in a buffet restaurant, from eggs (poached, scrambled, and sunny side up), bacons, cereals, bread and jams, pancakes, and assorted types of hotdogs. He asked Changmin, “Is this what you guys have for breakfast? Why is it a lot?” instead of Changmin answering the question, Yunho answered instead, “Is it a lot?” after looking at the table he also told himself that yes, he overdid it. “Well, I didn't know what you liked for breakfast so I just cooked and prepared what I think you guys would enjoy.” said Yunho.

“Thank you Uncle, I think me and Junsu would enjoy this.” said Yoochun. Yunho smiled with what Yoochun have said, and told himself that he did it, impressing the twins. Yunho and the trio started to eat breakfast, and talk a lot of things and their activity for today. Yunho decided to bring them at the new museum that one of his friend opened, he also thinks that bringing the twins and Changmin to the department store to buy something for them, just a token for being friends and “brother like” to his son.

The trio enjoyed their time with Yunho, they are so fascinated with the interactive and augmented reality museum have. Taking a lot of pictures with Changmin and even Yunho. They ate at an American restaurant and after they are done, they headed to the department store where Yunho bought a couple of things for the twins and Changmin. He was happy that the twins are so humble in character that's why he told them to choose any toys they want to. The twins declined and said that it is too much for them and that are okay with what Yunho gave them.

 

Yunho asked Changmin what type of toys they (twins) want and Changmin whispered to him that they keep on playing Nintendo switch, so Changmin thinks that Yunho could give the twins one. Yunho thinks that giving them the game console is not a problem, his just worried that they would just play, and neglect their studies but upon his observation the twins will not be irresponsible when it comes to their studies, so he went to game console area to buy one. Which the twins jumped for joy after knowing that the game console Yunho bought was for them. After buying things from the department store they decided to go home so that they could do their project presentation.

As they arrived home Yunho told the twins, “I’ll be in my study if you need me. Do the things that you need to do. Changmin said okay followed by the twins, “Okay Uncle, thank you very much again.” As Yoochun, Junsu, and Changmin went inside the room, Yoochun said, “Changmin, thanks to you and to your Appa, we have a lot of new things. We don’t know how to thank your generosity. 

“Changmin, you guys are so rich! All of your wants are given to you.. How lucky you are! I wish we are the same like your as Appa.” said Junsu.

Changmin said, “Why? I’m not really happy being rich, I think a complete family is much more important than having this material and extravagant things around me. I actually envy you guys, even though you only have your Eomma with you, or you are living smaller house than us it seems you guys are so happy and contented.”

“Hmmm, well you are right, even though we only live normally at least we eat meals three times a day.” replied by Junsu.

“I don’t want you guys start crying here, so let’s start our presentation. Changmin, can we borrow your laptop?” asked Yoochun.

“Ah wait, mine is broken. I’ll borrow Appa’s laptop or do you want to come with me?” said Changmin.

“Yeah, let’s go! I wanna see Uncle Yunho’s office. I bet his office is stylish!” said Junsu.

The three went to Yunho’s Office / Study room, but learn that Yunho was not there.


Earlier: Yunho in his office /study room.

Yunho was tired from the activity that they had, he opened his drawer and took out a photo. It was Jae joong, when he was six months pregnant. They’re first photo as a soon-to-be parents.


Flashback..

The young couple, Yunho and Jae joong are living at Yunho’s parents. Yunho’s mother insisted to live with them, since Yunho is an only son. They think that it would do good for them (YunJae), at least Jae joong will have a companion whenever something happened, since Yunho is always in the office with his father, learning and having his training about their business. Yunho noticed that Jae joong is always in their bedroom whenever he is at home. He knew that something was off with his wife so he ask.

“Jae joong, is everything all right? You look tired. Are the babies (AN: they know that they’re having three.) making you tired?” as Yunho approached the bed where Jae joong is seated.

Jae joong leaned to Yunho and said, “Huh, I’m okay the babies are not stubborn, they move but its not painful for me.”

Touching Jae joongs face, then Yunho’s place his thumb focusing on his under eye, “But you look so tired. You don’t have this before. When is your next check-up? I’ll go with you again and confirm with the doctor if this is normal.”

“Yunnie, I’m really fine. Don’t worry about me, I’ll tell you if something’s wrong. Just focus with your training, so abeonim (father in law) will not get upset with you.” said Jae joong.

Yunho still have doubts, but trust Jae joongs word, “Okay, I believe you then, but please tell me if something’s wrong or bothering you. I don’t want you having a hard time. You remember my promise to you right? I don’t want to break it. I will take care of you and will make you happy and the kids. I love you.” as Yunho leans and kissed Jae joong’s forehead.

To which Jae joong replied, “I love you too. Thank you.”

“Ah, I know. Let’s go outside and have a relaxing day just the two of us!” said Yunho. Jae joong agreed and both of them starts to prepare. The couple went to the mall to buy small things for the babies, like a set of pajamas, mittens, and other things Yunho like to get for their kids three set of each. While walking, Yunho noticed a photo booth and decided that it would be a good activity to uplift Jae joong’s spirit because Jae joong loves photography." Joongie, let’s go their! I want to have a family picture right now!” said Yunho.

“What? Now? Family picture?” asked Jae joong.

“Yes, a family picture! So when we show the kids the photos someday, they know that before they were born we already love them.” said Yunho.

A smile was present on Jae joong's face when Yunho said that, a feeling which Jae joong can’t describe. They went inside the photo booth, put the needed amount for the machine to take a photo. Jae joong and Yunho seat together, as the number countdown appeared, the couple squeezed in together and Yunho s his left arm to Jae joong’s right arm hugging him, and his right hand touching Jae joong’s pregnant tummy. Jae joong put his right hand to Yunho’s love handle and his left hand at his tummy forming a heart. The camera snaps and the booth produced two copies. They took the photo from the feeder and laughed at their faces, then Yunho hugged Jae joong, and whispered, “Thank you.” and kiss Jae joong’s lips. It is one of the happiest moments they have together.

-End of Flashback -

Yunho smiles as he retrieved that precious memories, “If only you are here Jae joong, if only you are here and the kids with us…” as he touched Jae joong’s face on the photo. Yunho was pulled back from his reverie when his cellphone rang, he placed the photo on top of his laptop and answered his phone.


Current: Yoochun, Junsu, and Changmin goes to Yunho’s study.

Changmin went to Yunho’s study followed by Yoochun and Junsu, but found that his father was not there, “Appa?” Changmin called Yunho onced again, “Appa?”

“Oh, Uncle Yunho is not here?” said Yoochun.

They walked further until they reached Yunho’s table, and Junsu saw the laptop.

“Uncle Yunho’s laptop is there!” exclaimed Junsu and quickly went to where the laptop is. Yoochun followed Junsu to tell his brother that touching other people’s things is a bad thing to do, but the twins noticed a photo on top of the laptop. They quickly recognized the photo and Yoochun said, “Eomma?”.

“Oh right! Its Eomma! Why is he here? And why he and Uncle Yunho are hugging each other?” quickly asked Junsu.

Changmin also formed a questioning looked on his face, this is the first time he saw this picture. Before Changmin said anything, Yunho returned to the room.

“Changmin? Yoochun and Junsu? Why are you here?” asked Yunho.

Seeing Changmin dumbfounded, Yoochun answered Yunho and said, “Uhm, Uncle we are sorry for intruding in your office, but we would like to borrow your laptop so we could start our presentation.”

Yunho saw Junsu holding the photo, Junsu noticed that Yunho’s gaze is towards the picture he quickly put the photo back to where it was placed before. Yunho knows that Changmin wants to ask Yunho about the photo, so he said to Changmin, “Ok you can bring the laptop to your room, we will talk later Changmin.” the child nod in agreement. Yoochun took the laptop and they slowly left the room. When the kids left, Yunho sighed and muttered to himself what is he going to tell Changmin. Yunho have plans to show Changmin Jae joong's photo, but when he is old enough to understand. Because he cannot answer, if the child ask as to why his mother left them. Yunho got himself a glass, put some ice on it and a bottle of whisky to calm himself.

The twins and Changmin are quiet when they return back from the study room. Junsu couldn't take the silence in the room so he said, “Why does your Appa have a picture of my Eomma? What does it mean?”

Yoochun replied and said, “Changmin and Uncle Yunho will talk about it later, let's just wait what will he say to Changmin. If the timing is right we will ask Eomma about it too.”

Changmin agreed and said, “Don't worry I will tell you guys, because we are friends and maybe brothers? Let's finish this so we could talk to our parents about it.” Both Yoochun and Junsu agreed.


- Jae joong's house around 5:30 pm - 

It's about time to get the twins so Jae joong starts preparing because at any time soon Heechul and Leeteuk will arrive and get him. “Heechul said that he left the card here somewhere.” Jae joong started scanning the kitchen countertop and found it.

“Oh there it is!” but when Jae joong read the name he was surprised to read the name written on the card.

Jung Yunho.

Jung Yunho. Jung Yunho, is it the Jung Yunho he knows? The father of his kids, the love of his life, the man who abandoned them?

"Changmin's father is Yunho? Oh my god.” said Jae joong.

Jae joong started recalling what Changmin said to him about his mother.


Flashback

“I overheard my Appa talking to his friend that my mother left with my twin brothers and left me with my dad because my Eomma didn’t want me.”

End of flashback


“Is Changmin my son? My son is alive.” and Jae joong started to sob, his son is alive! His gut feeling was right, the cry of the third baby is loud he cannot be mistaken that it could die after a few hours he gave birth to it.

Jae joong heard the doorbell, quickly opening it because he knows that it was Heechul and Leeteuk. 

“Jae, sorry I was…” Heechul and Leeteuk were surprised to see Jae joong crying when he opened the door. “Hey, Jae joong what happened? Why are you crying?” asked Heechul. 

Jae joong replied, “I'll explain to you in the car, let's go get my twins from that man.”, and the three drove to Yunho's house.


 

Hey guys! How was your new year? Happy 2019! I hope we will have a prosperous year of the pig..

Just a few clarifications about the story, Leeteuk and Heechul wasn't able to meet Yunho in the past. They are Jae joong's co-worker in Jang Hoon's restaurant and not classmates. They also didn't had the chance to meet him personally. So when Heenim asked Yunho if they met somewhere and Yunho can't remember they met its because Heechul only saw Yunho in a photo and we know that the photos in the past is not as high resolution as before. And with that, this chapter is my New Year's gift to you although its a little late! Hehe.. I hope you'll like it! Till the next chapter!

Thank you for your continues support and comments! ❤️❤️😘😘

감사합니다!