Chapter 5

The Jung Trap

While waiting for his grandmother, Changmin ordered a milkshake at the cafe. He sighed, “I really want to hang out with Yoochun and Junsu.” He really wanted to go the twin’s house and play with them. A few minutes later his grandmother arrives. She was with a beautiful man, Lee Taemin. This is the first time that Changmin saw him.

Changmin stood up and hug his Grandmother. “My Minnie! I miss you so much! How are you coping here? How’s school? Is it hard? Is your Appa that busy? I was calling him a while ago. Ah here…” he took Taemin’s hand, “Let’s take a seat. Changmin this is Lee Taemin.” Taemin smiles at Changmin, the kid returned the smile.

“Taemin-ssi is the owner of Shinee Supermarket, he has a lot of branches nationwide. He is also a friend of your Appa in high school. I want you and him to be friends.”

Changmin knows what her grandmother means, this Lee Taemin is a candidate to be his Appa’s wife. As much as possible Changmin wants his Appa to look for his mother, is he still alive? Where are they (his brothers)? Are they living well? He wants to be with his mother. He badly needs his mother. He wants to meet him, he wants to be taken care of. He is satisfied with the love and affection of his father, but he can't help to longed for his mother. He doesn't even know the name! 

Changmin is good at hiding his expression. Taemin notice Changmin’s blank expression and he knows that Changmin is not interested to know him. “Changmin-ssi, Hello. I hope we could be friends, since you just arrived here in Korea. I could help you around.”

Changmin smiled, “Thanks for your offer Taemin-ssi.” Taemin smiled and said, "I'll look forward then."

"Halmeoni, could I go home already? I have a lot of assignments and project to start at home."

“Is that so? I guess I don’t have a choice since I called you abruptly. Tell me if you have any problems at school, since your appa is too busy with his work. Ok?” She stood up and hug Changmin, Changmin gave his greetings to Taemin, and in return Taemin smiled at him and said, “Nice meeting you, Changmin. Let’s have snacks sometime, my treat.”

“If I have time. I’ll give you a call. Thank you.”, replied Changmin, he then turned to her Grandmother. “Halmeoni, I’ll take my leave, take care on your way back.”

When Changmin left the cafe Mrs. Jung told Taemin. “Such a sweet kid, even though his mother is a gold digger, good thing he didn’t inherit that kind of attitude.Taemin, thank you for accompanying me today. Changmin is really a good kid, just give him time to know you better.”

“Yes, Auntie. That’s what I’m planning to do. He seems to be brought up well by Yunho-ssi.” said Taemin.

“You should get Changmin’s approval before I tell Yunho about our plan.” Mrs. Jung sips her coffee and told Taemin the story. “There was a time when Changmin was just three years old. The daughter of Lee Donghae and Eunhyuk offered us a marriage proposal.”

Flashback.

The Jung Family had a dinner together as a family, Changmin was around 3 years old. After dinner, Mrs. Jung told Yunho about the plan of marriage with the Lee’s daughter. She told him that Changmin needs to have a mother that came from a respectable family, and not the gold-digger, Kim Jae Joong. Yunho picked up Changmin from the baby chair and ask the child, “Minnie, do you want an Eomma?” the young Changmin giggled and said, "Yes!". Yunho smiled when he saw the way Changmin reacts, “Minnie, do you want a new Eomma?” the little Changmin gave a sad reaction and started to cry, "No new Eommaaaaa... No! Appa bad!". Yunho then hug Changmin and said, “Ok no new Eomma. Ok?” it seems that Changmin understood what Yunho said and stopped crying. Yunho turned to his mother and said, “I have made my decision Eomma, I will not accept the proposal of the Lee’s. If Changmin agrees to have a new mother, then I will marry. Even though Jaejoong left us, he is still my wife. It's not just me anymore, Changmin’s my number one priority.”

-End of Flashback-

“That’s why Taemin, you should get close to Changmin, so that we could proceed with our plans.” said Mrs. Jung. Taemin nod and said, “Of course Auntie. I really like Yunho since High School, if it wasn't for Jaejoong, we’re family now.”

At Yunho and Changmin’s home.

Yunho got home and went straight to Changmin’s room.. he saw that the door is slightly ajar. Yunho knock and said, “Are you busy?”, when Changmin heard the knock and saw his father he stood up and greet him. “Good evening Appa!”. Yunho returned his greeting by giving Changmin a big smile on his face. Changmin continued and said, “I hope you had a good day at work.”.

The father and son walked towards the kitchen to have dinner, as they prepare to heat the pre-made meals made by Yunho’s nanny. Yunho ask Changmin about his day. “I was supposed to go to the twins’ house, but Halmeoni ask me to meet her, so I did. She’s with somebody, she said it was your friend.”

“A friend? Who?” asked Yunho.

Changmin’s expression became serious and continued, “Lee Taemin. Appa, are you gonna marry him?”

--------------

I'm sorry that it took me so long to update the story, but I promise that I will not abandon the story. 

Just wanna share with you guys, that I went to Super Show 7, last Saturday. 😁 And with that, only TVXQ and Junsu & Yoochun are the only one's I need to see. Last year, November I saw Jae joong during his fan meeting. 

Kim Jae Joong - 👌

Super Junior - 🤘

TVXQ - ??😭

JYJ (particularly Junsu and Yoochun) - ?? 😭