Unknown

Hiraeth

 

italics - mindlinking/thoughts

Underlined - Japanese

Normal - Korean & english


~ Querencia - A place where one feels safe, a place were one's strength of character is drawn. ~


It has been a couple of days since Hana's little picnic with jin and soon after he dropped her off she noticed that linlin was still on her shoulder and wouldnt leave...

~Flashback~

"LINLIN WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE OMG IVE BASICALLY KIDNAPPED YOU WHATAMIGONNADO?!" hana freaks out,

'Im staying with you. and thats that. im not leaving you to fend for yourself, me and the other faeries have already sorted this out.. im going to stay with you to be your guide/guardian and i can mindlink prince jin if anything is wrong.' lin states in Hanas mind.

'oh, have you told jin oppa?'

'uh....no?'

'ohmygod, so i did basically kidnap you....unconciously kidnapped you...' Hana face palms and dials 'mon beau~ <3'

"uh, hana chan i literally just dropped you off... did you miss me that much?" He jokes,

"Oh shut up~ um its just that LINLINDECIDEDITWASAGOODIDEATOLETMEUNCONCIOUSLYKIDNAPHER" she heaves in one breath

"you unconciously kidnapped lin? so you didnt kidnap her on purpose? so shes with you... im coming to get her" he says in a worried tone,

"uh she said no"

"tell her that if shes gonna be a brat she has to fly home with her tiny wings then" he sasses,

"she said that she's going to keep in contact with you about how im doing, where i go, if im doing good in school,  if anyone bullies me, if im eating well" *cue hana throwing a fit* "you guys are too protective!"

"she makes sure to keep in contact with me about your wellbeing? im sold, have a great night ma belle~" *end call*

~Normal~

Since then linlin has been a very helpful companion, coaxing hana through sleepless nights, nightmares. Linlin and jin were slowly educating Hana on the supernatural world through skype because jin was a busy man and occasionally they would meet at halmeonies cottage, the querencia and continue the lesson under the large tree, just like when they first met.

Today was the first official school day and Hana was a huge bag of nerves, she couldnt sleep last night due to an anxiety attack that kept her awake until early hours in the morning, after her families death Hana had began to suffer from horrible anxiety attacks in social situations or just in public, and she had also been diagnosed with insomnia due to the nightmares that plagued her mind at night. Those six months were absolute hell to her, everyone her, everyone but Nikki, her sister from another mister, her rock, her own guardian angel. Nikki had never given up on hana, no matter how bad she was getting. She would stay up with hana everynight because she had nightmares, she would fight for hana, she would sing her to sleep, she slowly learned how to calm down any anxiety attack hana had. She was Hanas family, and even when Hana is in a whole other country, she woke up to hanas call and calmed her anxiety attack once again. 'Get through today for Nik, ive got this... i want to give nikki some good news for once and tell her how great the day has been...'

After her little pep talk she threw on a Brown button up skirt, a knitted turtle neck with a light caramel brown overcoat, a brown beret and brown shoes, added an antique gold locket gifted to her by her grandmother, reading glasses, gold rings and black hairpins.

She greeted jooyeon earning a short nod in return, ate breakfast and walked to the campus with linlin and a grumpy jooyeon,

"why do you have a faerie? shes rare." Jooyeon asks,

"shes acting as my guide, how?"

"her wings are not the same colour that a normal faeries would be, thats all i know." she halts the conversation with that sentence as they continue walking.

As soon as she reaches the front gates of the university, jooyeon is nowhere to be found. Hana recieved stares, some of awe others judgmental but she just walked through, with her face emotionless and a flying faerie by her side, glaring at the crowd.

multiple "who is she?" and gasps were heard as well as "why does she smell like a human?" and mumbles.

'its too early for this ' Hana thinks and recieves a hum of agreement from lin,

Jooyeon dissappeared before reaching the gates and she could only curse the school as she, the scary loner is to be partnered with an annoying human.

After Hana had recieved her timetable, she went to her class and had convientley gotten lost a couple of times before reaching her classroom,

*knock knock* "come in"

Hana walked in, bowed and apologized for her lateness before announcing that she was the new student,

"well are you going to say what species you are darling?" the teacher asks nicely,

"um"


Flashback ~ school office ~

"It wouldnt be wise too reveal your supernatural history/background until you are able to use your powers and protect yourself, ive registered you as unknown only until you can control and use your power... you will be attending class as per usual but when in p.e you will not be forced to fight." the vice principle notices your doubtful expression, "Dont worry, there are many people who are listed as unknown, there are many species that dont gain their powers until a certain age which can be between 18-21, when they reach that age then they can be specified as that species, some who have a family history of being one of these certain species will automatically be listed as that species but others may not have any data of their family history therefore we class them as unknown. So dont worry your not alone."

"But what species am i? i was only told that i was a minamoto.." Hana asks confused,

"well you see thats the complicated part, the minamoto clan was a warrior clan but they were human, despite this.. the few chosen individuals that were gifted a supernatural power became either an enchantress or and enchanter. i have reason to believe that you may be an enchantress and if that is true then you will slowly lose your human scent/aura and you will need to be taught how to control your abilities. So you may be an enchantress or you may not be, but no matter what you are...you belong here, as a minamoto and a warrior, regardless of if your a human or a supernatural being.


" Im classed as unknown for the time being, i realise that i have the scent of a human and the reason for that is because i have lived my life as a human and have been shielded from the supernatural side of things, i hope that i get to find out more about myself and my species during this year, and i hope to get along with everyone~" Hana smiles at the class after introducing herself and sits down in an empty seat after bowing. Not noticing the genuine smile on the teachers face until she calls out, 

"Hana-ssi what a lovely introduction, i believe you will soon find out who you are and we'll help you along the way right class?" she asks and is met with many shouts of enouragement and agreement, "now thats settled, we also have another 'unknown' in this class, Jeon jungkook can you please raise your hand." The teachers calls out kindly and suddenly the students quiet down and the room some how drops in temperature, leaving Hana shivering in slight fear, coldness and anticipation of what caused the sudden change in atmosphere. 

A resonating bang sounds through out the classroom, bouncing off the white walls and turning the already pale faces of the students, even more pale, almost ghostly. Hana hesitantly turns to the source of the angered sound and is surprised to meet.....ANOTHER HANDSOME MAN....but this one doesnt seem so friendly, she notes as his glare turns towards her making her freeze with contained fear, now if the classroom was cold before....it was now several degrees below zero. She internally cries at the subdued anger in his eyes, her eyes widen in realization that he either didnt like her, or he wasnt fond of being addressed as an 'unknown'. Guessing that it was the latter, she decides to direct the attention away from him.

"Excuse me miss? I am extremely interested on what will be taught today, i dont want to waste even a second!" she adds a fake cute laugh as an attempt to draw everyones attention away from him, sensing his tense and disturbed aura. Her attempt at redirecting everyone's attention was a success as some laughed and they all payed attention to the professor at the front of the class. Although her eyes focused on the lesson being taught, her thoughts drifted to the lonesome guy who was absolutely terrifying and was currently glaring holes through Hana. 'WHY....someone hates me already woopdy doo, i swear he's just broken the record of not blinking...'

Class finished and she only had two more, Hana rushed out of class while trying to lose this jeon dude who was obnoxiously glaring at her and although he was undoubtedly terrifying...he was definitely trying her patience. " Oi unknown!" she hears and before she even turns to the source of the noise, she immediately feels an angry...no furious presence, one who she is recently become familiar with, and before he can do anything she runs to the person calling and drags them away, hoping to the goddesses above that the jeon kid wouldnt follow. "sorry! its just that the jeon jungkook guy was there and im gonna take a wild guess that he doesnt appreciate people talking about people who are classed as 'unknown', so if you would be so kind as to refrain from talking about them when you are in the company of one that would be great, because they could be sensitive towards the title, or it could bring up bad memories...Maybe just try to see past the whole 'unknown' title, and just treat them as you would anyone else~" Hana kindly lectures the guy.

"Oh sure, but i swear i didnt mean it in a mean way!" he defends,

"Im sure you didnt, but thankyou for being kind and understanding~" she reassures him in a calming voice,

"But your an 'unknown', so why arent you offended?"

"Im new to this whole concept of the supernatural world, so its hard for me to be offended about something i dont really understand."

"Ahhh well i'll tell my mates and tell them to spread the word, dont worry im sure everyone will be more considerate of the feelings of anyone who is an 'unknown' in due time~" he assures and goes to leave before asking...

"Hey i actually wanted to ask if you wanted to have lunch with me and the guys? were eating at the cafe?"

"Dont you all have different classes?"

"Nah, were all studying the same course, only two classes in two or so hours, so?"

"Id love to meet your friends but i have to acquaint myself with the school~ more specifically the library!" She laughs and he chuckles,

"Alrighty nerd, my name's Lucas by the way, see you around unknown~" he teases, 

"HEY DID YOU NOT LISTEN WHEN I WAS TALKING HUH?" she shouts with a laugh,


The rest of the day was uneventful until she stumbled across a grand library, with expertly crafted art on the ceiling, carvings of the schools symbol on the wood of the shelves, and hundreds if not thousands of books neatly placed i alphabetical order, wooden tables and chairs accommodating students and velvet Victorian couches strategically placed in private corners for peace and quiet...Glancing around the in awe, Hana soaks in the beauty of this library, as soon as she stepped into the room she felt a sense of nostalgia, as if she had been here before... a long time ago. sensing Hanas confused state, linlin draws hanas attention to her, 'your feeling my emotions, i think your become susceptible to other peoples emotions, you also knew what that boy earlier was feeling...'

'Oh, i guess thats good? so you've been here before?'

'yes it is, it means that your slowly gaining your rightful power.' lin assures

'and i have been here before but that is a story for another day child.'

Noticing lin's discomfort Hana quickly changes the subject and they continue to chat while looking for a book to read. She finds a book about the language of flowers, Macbeth by William Shakespeare and a book containing the most famous pieces of art in the world and their history. Once she finds her books she heads to the comfy velvet couch and sinks into it, 'only one thing would make this moment better....a nice mug of hot chocolate' she sighs, and flips her reading glasses off her head and onto the bridge of her nose, pops in her earpods and begins to listen to 'serendipity'... eventually letting herself get lost in the world of 'Macbeth'.


Sorry for the crap introduction on kook but dont worry he'll eventually warm up to her.