Carpe Diem

Hiraeth

Spring just makes me happy

Carpe Diem - To enjoy the moment or to seize the day


italics - mindlinking/thoughts

Underlined - Japanese

Normal - Korean & english


 

Hana's P.O.V

Walking hand in hand, Jin and Hana stroll to their picnic spot with the faeries beside them. One admiring the nature and the other, admiring her.

"Jinnie oppa this place is the most beautiful pace i have ever been, the nature is so enchanting,the flowers look like the sunset with the vast yellows, and reds which from afar look like orange as well, the sound of the water rushing from the river and the calming sight of animals in their natural habitat, no man made things to ruin this place, its as if this place hasnt been touch by humans and their greed. a safety haven...thats what this place is right jii-kun?" Hana speaks peacefully with her eyes wondering across the meadow as they are walking to their destination.

Jin set his sweet gaze upon Hana, watching her as she speaks with such passion in her voice and a bounce in her step, "You really love the nature dont you? and to answer your question, yes you are right little hana. This is a safe haven for any creature, no discrimination. But their motives have to be genuine otherwise they cannot seek refuge here."

She nods and giggles as lin picks a small yellow flower and places it behind hana's ear "Thank you linlin~" 'No worries Angel~'

"Ahh you're familiar with lin, Hana-chan?" Jin asks with a smile, "Yes, she is very sweet, i've become quite attached to her, i might not want to leave" Hana replies with a chuckle,

"You are always welcome here, angel~" he teases, "Ahhh not you as well jin!" she complains, jin stops walking and pulls his hand out of hers to fold against his chest, staring at Hana with a 'you did something wrong' look.

"what did i do?" she asks genuinely confused,

"What did i tell you hana chan,?" He stood there for a bit until she clicked her fingers and bounded up to him, "Jinnie oppa, It was an accident..dont be mad~" she laughs and slips her hand back into his, 

"Just remember formalities Hana~ I am older than you~" he lightly scolds, 

"Yes eomma jin~ hehehe" she giggles and runs into the field of colorful flowers, "Hey get back here!" He playfully shouts and she turns around, 

"Catch me if you can slowpoke~!" she sticks out her tongue teasingly,

"you've made a grave mistake little missy~!" Jin drops the picnic basket softly onto the green grass and sprints off to catch Hana.

" he's coming!!! AHHHH" Hana humorously screams while running away from the incoming fae,

A loud "OOF" is heard as Jin tackles Hana to the soft ground, followed by loud and hearty laughter, the type of laughter that makes you feel content, carefree and in the moment. 

"I've got you now~" He whispers close to her earlobe as they admire each others facial features, Jin looks to be deep in thought, 'i wonder whats going through his mind?' Hana continuously pokes his cheeks and watches as he becomes somewhat frustrated. 

"aish stob it" Jin pushes her hand away but she just keeps poking him, "Do it once more and you'll regret it" he threatens lightly causing a mischievous smirk to light up her face.

*Poke*

"THATS IT" He grins and begins to tickle her non-stop resulting in another burst of laughter from the two...

~Time Skip~

The large picnic blanket was laid on the grass with the picnic basket and two people occupying it, siting side by side by side with their backs against the tree and her head laying against his shoulder. They sat in silence as they admired the breathtaking view and becoming in tune with natures very own sounds, the river water trickling down the stream, the sounds of birds chirping and the wonderfully fresh breeze that rolls through the leaves of the large tree and causes the flowers to bounce back and forth.

'This is the life, just being in the moment, enjoying nature and appreciating it...'

'Carpe Diemrings through her mind, 'what does that mean? It must have something to do with me being a supernatural, ill ask the headmaster later.

"Jii-kun?" she calls and continues when she hears a soft 'hmm',

"What are these flowers called? they are absolutely stunning~" she finishes with a yellow flower in her hand,

Jin smiles and tell her, "These flowers in this field are all the same but different colors, they are called tulips~" He smiles as she places the small yellow tulip behind his ear with one hand caressing his hair. 'He just has such a comforting presence, and even though i just met him...i feel like i can be comfortable with him~'

"The general meaning for tulips are 'love' and the red tulips here are more strongly associated with 'true love'. The yellow tulips however, once represented hopeless love but is now a common expression for cheerful thoughts, sunshine and happiness~" he explains with a smile.

"well... lets both have cheerful thoughts, bathe in the sunshine and be happy, ye?" Hana says and jin replies with a nod,

"ye, since we both have yellow tulips in our hair~" he sings.

Another comfortable silence falls upon them as they feel the sun cloaking them in its warm embrace, its times like these that helped hana think, times of silence and content, when her thoughts finally calmed down... when she is able to rationally think. But she has never experienced this with anyone, there was no one that she just felt so comfortable with that they could sit in complete silence but still feel content just being each others presence. Her ex-friends would always be gossiping or talking about themselves, her family was a bunch of lovely chatterboxes and that includes Nikki, not that she minded but it was just nice to have someone to sit with..without having to talk.

Looking around she sees a small wooden home made (d.i.y) swing with ropes hanging from the tree and a plank of wood acting as the swing seat. She gets up and ruffles jins hair before she skips to the swing and begins to swing back and forth. The wind brushes through her hair and she closes her eyes at the gentle touch of the sun on her face when suddenly a large gust of wind blows her hair in many directions making it disheveled and messy, "Ahh now my hair's messy~" she pouts before fixing her hair.

To hana this felt unreal, how did she go from everyone hating her, being bullied, her family dying and having to deal with that... to this? This heavenly place that made her feel as if it was home? being here was like being in the living room with her family watching movies and being cuddled up together, that is how safe hana feels. not too long ago she was robbed of that feeling of security and safeness... but now she is lucky enough to be able to feel safe again. 

At this chain of thought Hana let out a few tears.. not of sorrow, for she had been sorrowful enough, but of appreciation... Hana had began to appreciate everyone and thing around her, the nature, the lovely people she has met and will meet and the supernatural world and how lucky she is to be apart of it... previously hana had thought that she wouldn't fit into this supernatural world, she thought that she wasnt worthy of her title, she had blamed her parents for keeping her in the dark, and even though it was proven to her that she was a supernatural and that they were indeed 'real' she still held on to that belief that she was human and that this 'supernatural ' didnt really exist. But now she had finally come to terms with the fact that this is now her life, that the supernatal world isnt a myth, and that she was never a human.

'wipe those tears dear, you are a strong girl' linlin says and Hana follows her instructions before giving her a heartfelt smile,

'Thank you linlin' linlin just smiles and nods.

"Hana-chan~ the foods set, come eat!" She hears jin calls and quickly makes her way to him...

Their lunch consisted of jokes, laughter, feeding each other and the faeries, linlin scowling at the other faeries who tried to get hana to feed them and Hana constantly complimenting Jin on his cooking, saying stuff like... "Instead of calling me to make sure i eat can you please just make me food? i cant cook!" and when he would laugh she would tell him multiple 'horror' stories of her cooking, one being when she nearly burned down the kitchen. When she told him that he instantly told her 'horror' stories of his brother in the kitchen, resulting in both of them roaring in laughter.

After a moment of them packing the food up, Jin laid down to face the clouds and Hana instantly flopped down horizontally next to him with her head on his stomach, Hana called out to jin, "Jii-kun?" when followed by a small "yeah" from him she continued, "You're a supernatural being right? i just need help..." 

"Yes as you probably know already, but what do you need help with" He asks confused,

"im new with this whole 'supernatural' thing, i was born believing i was a human until recently, and now im being thrown into this world without any knowledge or anything... i dont even know what i am, and now im going to a university full of supernaturals with classes based on fricken supernatural but i dont know anything. I am just confused about this whole situation, i have come to accept the situation im in and embrace it...but i dont completely understand the whole 'supernatural' thing yet." 

After this small outburst Jin confused expression morphed into one of realization, "Oh i understand, well i believe the best way to help you understand this whole situation is for me to walk you through it step by step, starting with me!" He gets up and explains, " I am a extraordinarily handsome and chic forest fae" he said with a flick of his hair and while pouting his lips causing her to laugh, before continuing..." Every single supernatural being has a natural ability or abilities, my natural abilities are: wing manifestation, * cue beautiful, large, iridescent green colored wings appearing* glamour which is the fae version of illusionary powers but it isnt nearly as powerful as an illusion and can only be used on humans for example, you can see my green eyes but the humans only see brown eyes *cue jins eyes changing from dark green to brown and back*, because i cast a glamour on them. BUT the more powerful fae, such as myself~ can cast a glamour that supernaturals cant see past, only certain fae can cast glamours such as these, other fae can only cast a glamour that the human eye cant see past but supernaturals can. The glamour ability can only alter the appearance or something or someone. I have also been kindly gifted the 'gift of tongue' which means i can speak any language, dialect, accent ect." he says

"Oh so thats how you knew Japanese! thats so cool!~" Hana exclaimed with wide sparkling eyes and he laughs before continuing,

"yes it is ma belle, next is my natural connection to nature, because i am a forest fae i have a connection with mother nature and can feel if things arent balanced, if theres a natural disaster nearby, i have the ability of strength and speed as well as the ability to mind link with people im close to which is basically communicating through thinking and last but definitely not least! i have the ability of beauty~ im not joking, this face is the literal definition of beauty,you cant deny that." He says with a sassy snap of his fingers and Hana lets out a loud laugh followed by a "sure sure~"

"But what does ma belle mean?" she asks, 

"Thats for me to know and for you to not know ma belle~" he says teasingly and continues, "but you can call me mon beau~" 

"Um no...not until i know what they mean" she says bluntly.

"They just mean 'beautiful and handsome' okay~ if i call you beautiful you at least have to return the favor and call me handsome~" Jin whines with a pout,

"UHHH okay mon beau~" she says with a scowl, mentally hitting herself for giving into his aegyo.

"Thats better~! Now after that is my powers, now you need to pay attention okay~ Not all supernaturals have powers, all supernaturals have their own natural abilities that correlate with their species, but as i just said not all have powers. My main abilities are to control nature *cue a small flower crown being made by a tree branch and being placed on Hanas head*, communicate with animals, and wind manipulation" *cue wind growing from a soft breeze to strong gusts of wind*

That broke hana out of her 'awestruck' little phase, 

"YAH SO THAT WIND EARLIER THAT BLEW MY HAIR EVERYWHERE WAS YOU!" she huffs and he laughs,

"Uh uhh you cant speak to people older than you like that Hana~ you know that~" he teases and she sticks her tongue out,

"bleh"

He laughs loudly and continues, "My other power is to erase memories, now this ability is one i dont use very often unless my brothers stuff up and a human sees something they shouldnt, but the reason why i dont use this ability often is because i believe that tampering with someones memory can be damaging and memories are something that shouldnt be forcefully taken away from somebody." He preaches while deep in thought,

"And thats it, Oh look the sunset!" he smiles and sits down next to her in their original position, with their backs leaning against the tree and her head on his shoulder,

 

"carpe noctem" Jin whispers and before hana could ask, he began again, "It means seize the night"

'should i ask him?' 

"Jin what does carpe diem mean?" Hana asks

"It means seize the day, how did you know that word? Latin is dead language." Jin asked, confused

"Ahh i heard it once and it sounded similar to what you just said so i guessed that they were in the same language?"

"Oh well, Latin is certainly a beautiful language, i could teach you about the language if your interested, and i still have to teach you more about the supernatural world." when i nod he continues, "give me your number and ill fly you home, ill message you when im free okay ma belle~"  Jin coos in an endearing tone, 

"Yes mon beau~ lets go~!"

 


Dead language meaning that no one natively speaks latin.

ma belle & mon beau actually mean my beautiful and my handsome. i guess he told her a lil half truth.

Couldnt re read through this chap so i havent properly edited it, tell me if something seems off or is wrong~

BYEBYE