Unus

Hiraeth

messy updo

 


italics - mindlinking/thoughts

Underlined - Japanese

Normal - Korean & english


 

The car ride was peaceful with a little chitter from hanas 'chaperone' and herself,

"how was your flight miss?" Hana smiles politely "My flight was good, i spent most of the time sleeping though heh" she lets out a sheepish laugh.

"Oh i haven't properly introduced myself, i am Haneul Mina.*coughs* um..Kim. But you can call me Hana."

They have a long, quiet conversation, getting to know each other 'He reminds me of appa' as the thought enters her mind, her eyes water and tears fall,

 She noticed his worried expression and apologizes "sorry, it's just that *hiccup* you remind me of my dad,"

"Thank you, he must have been an incredibly handsome man huh?" he laughs and then smiles softly towards hana, 

"Take your time hana, ill be here to comfort you, just call me uncle now~" Hana then tells her newly found 'uncle' about her family dying, leaving out confidential parts and just telling him the basics, after telling him she feels a weight lifted off her chest 'its nice.. finally talking to someone about my family'.

~After a slight nap~

"Hana dear wake up, were here!~" She jolts awake, 'what the heck...where am i-....oh right i remember now'. "sorry uncle, ill go now. thankyou for driving me and keeping me company uncle!~" she waves,

"Hey Hana! i dont mind walking you in? i don't want you getting lost." he says to her, his protective instinct showing.

"Im a big girl, i can do it myself uncle~ Thankyou!! Drive safe and stop admiring yourself in the mirror!~" she blows a raspberry and walks up the stairs to the entrance of the academy.

"I WAS NOT ADMIRING MYSELF, I JUST NEED TO LOOK GOOD FOR MY WIFE! little brat~" he laughs whole heartedly while wondering how he became so close to Hana in that small amount of time, to the point that he even feels like he needs to protect her. 'Lilly (wife's name) would love her so much' he thinks to himself while praying that she doesnt become a victim of bullying because that academy/university is full of self entitled, rich/powerful brats.

~In The headmaster's office~

The headmaster's office was a extremely large office, probably the size of a normal classroom, it holds many certificates on the walls and has a gold,red and black interior design. The whole office looked to be fit for royalty.. And then there was the headmaster...an old man who had a very professional presence, he was occupying a dark mahogany desk and he wore a black and gold suit. 

Hana felt nervous and softly said, "excuse me sir..." and when she got his attention she carried on quietly, "Um..My name's Hana Kim, i was told to attend a meeting with you?" she ends with a small yawn, the jet lag and time difference slowly catching up on her.

He observes her, scrutinizing her for a while and then clicks his fingers, "Oh i dont believe i know a Hana Kim, sorry." But then he continues with a teasing tone, "But i do recall sending a letter to Miss Haneul Minamoto" Hana freezes 'how..'

She is now feeling slightly irritated and curious.."I applied for this Uni/academy with the surname 'Kim' Sir, that is my surname. But.. I would really love to know how you knew my address even though i didnt specify it on the application form...while were at it, i would also like to commend you for meeting with every student that is new here...that would be quite tiring since there is a considerable amount of students studying here...i mean..unless you don't arrange meetings with every new student...which would certainly be quite curious considering that i was told that 'The headmaster's office is my first destination because you wanted to meet me.' Now Sir, i would appreciate it if you could skip the teasing comments and start the supposed 'meeting' please." Hana sighs as she sits down and crosses her legs with a perfect eyebrow raised on her emotionless face, causing the headmaster to nod and give her an apology, "I sincerely apologize for my actions..And no i do not meet with all new student,  just you...because you are a special case" he finishes with a grin 'wtf is that supposed to be a compliment because it isnt.'

"What do you mean by 'special case' sir?" she asks with a frown

"Haneul dear, The students at this school aren't normal, neither is the whole school and classes... you are here because you are special... You and everyone attending this school are supernatural..." Before Hana could exclaim that this is absolute pigs , the headmaster snaps his fingers and a burning flame appears in his open palm, effectively shutting Hana up. "Let me explain... This academy only accepts supernaturals to educate them on our kind and the species that live within the supernatural community, of course there are evil supernatural beings that are a threat towards supernaturals that cant defend themselves and therefore our academy teaches young supernaturals of the history, danger and different beings in the supernatural world. But i bet you're still wondering why i said you are a special case among the supernaturals and that is because you still believe you are human, you have no known supernatural abilities as far as anyone can tell...but you come from the Minamoto clan, who are known for their outstanding abilities. But you are the only Minamoto alive and you are in great danger, the Minamoto family dates back to the Heian period (794 AD) in Japan, and were the first and only family to be gifted supernatural powers by the Moon Goddess and Sun Godess, the goddesses gifted the women and men of the clan with strength and individual powers, although the only clan members to have been bestowed the gift of an individual power had been carefully chosen by the goddesses themselves. and therefore the minamoto clan became the first family of royals to have female and male warriors, resulting in the minamoto family ruling over Japan. The Minamoto clan believed in equality between males and females and made their beliefs reality..."

He takes a breath and continues, "You are a warrior Haneul, not just that but you are a ROYAL, you are a direct descendant of the moon goddess and sun goddess and i believe that you will become very powerful. That is why you are a special case Haneul, also you will be in the same classes as your roommate, stick to her because you are new to the supernatural world whereas all the other students here have been introduced to the supernatural world at a young age, you're slightly behind but rest assured you will take extra classes that will help and i believe that you are a very intelligent girl, you can do it. If that is all you may go, Mr Asahi will drive you to the dorms" He smiled softly and ushered Hana out.

'What the-.... TOO MUCH INFORMATION MY BRAIN CANT COMPREHEND.... ERROR..BRAIN SHUTDOWNNNN'  Hana internally freaks out while trying not to faint at the information overload and exhaustion knocking her down. She didn't even notice a man walking towards her....until she bumps into him, causing her to crash onto the floor, effectively jolting her from her internal struggle.

", im so sorry" She apologizes before noticing that she spoke in Japanese, Hana bows and keeps her head down. "Crap, sorry i didn't even notice you, i was too distracted" She also failed to notice his slight chuckles,

"No im sorry for bumping into you, dont worry girl~" He replies in an amused tone before adding, "it would be lovely to continue talking to you but i am late for a meeting, i hope to see you again girl~"  He pats Hana's shoulder and walks off with a bounce in his step, 'wow why am i meeting these model like men?!'

She enters Mr Asahi's car and tells him of her meeting, "Do you have superpowers??" she asks excitedly,

"Yes little miss, i do" he replies fondly as he shows her a gloop of multiple changing colors in his palm, at this exact moment Hana basically has a huge blinking question mark hovering over her head, noticing that he explains to her that he has the ability to create any poison or antidote he knows of, but he has to know the effects of the poison/antidote before he can create them.

"Woow thats slightly scary but more amazingly cool~!" she replies astounded, before arriving to her dorm and bidding good bye to her uncle.

After arriving to her dorm room she used the keys given to her and unlocked the door...what she saw was a nice living room and an open kitchen, the interior was various shades of warm browns and white, that should give the room a homely and welcoming vibe with a small fire place in the center of the lounge/living room. Hana was astounded at the gorgeous room and ran to her bedroom. She fell in love with the simplicity of it, Hana preferred the simple but cozy bedroom over a luxury bedroom, it reminded her of home. The floor was a dark mahogany color, her bed was white and lilac, her desk and shelves were also white.

A slam of the door startled Hana before she walked out and introduced herself to her new room mate, "Hello, my name is Hana and i will be your new room mate" she smiles and looks up, then notices the girl's emotionless expression. 

"You're a human. why are you here, you need to leave." the girl snaps with a frown.

"No, i just talked to the headmaster and he told me about this school and my supernatural history, so i think im supposed to be here. Thanks for the concern though." Hana snaps back and decides that she should just leave and walks to her room before hearing the other girl mutter "Jooyeon" and walk to her room. 'Jooyeon huh? she seems like a wild card...'  

~Time skip to night~

Hana decides to be a nice room mate and prepare dinner for the both of them, she grabs her speaker and bounces into the kitchen, 'what song? hmm lets go for lady by exid' she bounces around the kitchen, grooving to the 80's type of tune and cooking. When she is finished making the stew she fills two bowls fill of warm beef stew and cleans the dishes before knocking on Jooyeons door and telling her dinner is ready.

Jooyeons p.o.v

At the dinner table the aroma of the beef stew smelled delicious, there were candles lit and the fire going, it was a very cold night and the stew was just the right choice for dinner. Jooyeon thanked Hana after eating and proceeded to wash up the left over dishes and Hana packing the food into a container for leftovers. They both watched T.V and had little conversations but majority of the time spent together was spent in silence, not an uncomfortable silence but a warm, comfortable silence, leaving both of the girls feeling a little less lonely then they were before.

'She makes this house warm, before she was here it was cold no matter how many candles i lit even if i lit the fire it was still cold, unwelcoming and lonely but she warms the whole place...weird. but i still don't know her..and...i don't want to get attached.'

They both went to sleep, one feeling content and the other feeling conflicted...

Screams of horror woke Jooyeon up and she rushed into Hana's room with a worried expression and her claws elongated, ready to attack the intruder...but as she arrived in Hana's room she noticed that no one was to be seen except for Hana who was sleeping in a fetus position and shivering. Jooyeon turns on the light and notices Hana's expression of pure fear.. "HANEUL-...HANA WAKE UP" she gently shakes Hana and she awakens and starts crying. 'What do i do? why was she crying? what happened in her dream?' So many thoughts were racing through Jooyeons mind but she paid no mind to them and focused on her crying room mate.

Jooyeon  Hana's hair while hugging her, "Its okay, shh.. it'll be alright, it was just a bad dream..dont worry about it Hana.." she comforts Hana in a gentle and soft voice she has never used before, "I'll be here, go back to sleep..you need sleep hana...shh..you're okay, you're okay.." and as time goes by Hana stops crying and falls asleep, Jooyeon notices this and places the quilt/blanket over her and then goes to bed. ' its 4:00am already?! i was awake for like 3 hrs..' she falls asleep with many questions as to why Hana was fear stricken and why she was crying so bad...