Alis Propriis Volat

Hiraeth

(just pretend thats a girl, thanks)

- "Alis Propriis Volat"

~ Latin - She flies with her own wings ~


italics - mindlinking/thoughts

Underlined - Japanese

Normal - Korean & english


 

" i applied for a scholarship at Seoul university quite a while ago and they have yet to reply to me" *Doorbell chimes* "...wait one sec.." Hana puts down the phone and moves towards the door, opening it and being greeted by the mailman.

"Good evening miss, I have mail for you.."

she gives a polite smile "Thank you sir, Have a great night!"

The older male whispers to himself that hana can't understand "Sat pulchra, si sat bona" A small, soft whisper in her head chants the words before saying 'She is as beautiful as she is good' He smiles and leaves. 'what was that?' Hana looks around with narrowed eyes, observing the neighborhood (the neighborhood is a good band/artist) before entering the house and closing the door behind her. 

"Nikki? are you still there?" Hana questions when she picks her phone up,

"yeah darl* whats up?" she replies

Hana points her iphone camera to the Letter "Look, i don't know where its from but it looks handwritten and old" Hana pauses as a shiver runs through her body, from head to toe. "..H-.. Han-.. HANEUL!" Nikki shouts, forcing hana from her daydream.

"Yah I've been calling out to you! what was that? a glitch or something geez, anyway now that ive got your undivided attention.. whats wrong with a letter? although it is weird to receive a hand written one through the mail, no one in our generation would ever do that... it might be from an old family member?"

Taking everything Nikki is saying into consideration Hana decides to open the letter with an open mind and heart. " Thanks Nik, ill read the letter and then message you later, yeah? Bye bye love you <3" And with that she ended the face time.

The letter was a ebony black, it was thick and and old but gave off a vintage look. The Letter was sealed with a gold wax that shimmers in the light, also sealed within the wax was a small lavender flower.. it was a stunning letter, the last detail was a small 'S' engraved in the wax. It was so unique that Hana didn't want to ruin it by removing the wax, so she gave the little letter a photo shoot.. making sure that she had the perfect photo before gently opening it. 

~ Haneul ~
Congratulations,You have been accepted into the National University of Seoul. The first semester starts on --/--/-- We advise you to arrive early and gather your supplies for the first unit of your future course. The headmaster's office is your first destination when you arrive, as he would like to meet with you. A dorm room has been prepared in advance for you and your dorm mate will introduce themselves to you in due time. A chaperone will be waiting at the airport for your arrival as he will drive you to the schools premises.
Regards
Vice principle, Yoona Kim
 

'How did they know where i live? and does the headmaster meet with all his students? its not likely..hm...odd' 

Disappointment slowly seeps into her heart because she wished it was from a relative...any relative. 'Dont think too deeply about it Hana, you have the freedom of a 18 year old and free to use it!' And as she attempts to cheer herself up she slowly becomes excited for her new journey 'I think my life story is just beginning!~'

~ TIMESKIP ~

"Hana darling you will be late for your flight if you dont leave now...i mean you could just stay?" Nikki has tears in her eyes and looks at hana with puppy dog eyes,

"Nik i will always be just a call away, ANDDD i will visit you I promise! Please dont cry, or you'll make me cry!~ You will always be my sister from another mister, my best friend forever and will always have a special place in my heart.. If you ever need to talk, no matter what time.. call me, ill always answer and be there for you, as you have been there for me during rough times." As Hana finished her sentence she was bombarded with a tearful bear hug from her best friend, smiling softly she returns the hug as a lone tear escapes her eyes.

"I'll miss you so much, you have no clue."

"I'll miss you too hana bear, dont replace me and i love you so much"..."flight 511 to Seoul, South Korea is on its last call of boarding, please make way to terminal 2.."

"Welp thats my flight, but ill never replace you, ever!" Hana cries, the two best friends exchange gifts "to remember each other by" and then hana walks off to her flight, feeling jittery and nervous about her journey to come. After finding her seat she realizes that she is sitting in at the window seat and there are already two people seated in the seats beside her. "Um please excuse me i need to get to the end seat" The two men occupying the seats turned to her and as one moved his legs to the side the other just lifted his legs to fully block the way to her seat, stared her up and down with a dirty smirk on his face 'oh no here we go'...

Now before we continue any further heres a quick description of this guy; He is an old man maybe in his late 50's with a business suit on, he just looks like the 'typical' creepy guy that catcalls women and that dirty smirk just confirmed Hana's suspicions. 

"Oh its unfortunate that you cant make it to your seat love, but luckily for you.. im kind enough to offer you a seat on my lap...i wouldn't mind a y lady like you on top of me.. although you would look better without those horrible clothes on you." The nasty old man winks at hana and pats his lap, 'like i would ever, you nasty dog' Hana glares at him and before she can throw a spiteful insult towards him the man in the middle seat interrupts with a menacing glare directed towards the old man.

"That is disgusting behavior, you really have no respect huh? move the out of her way before i force you off this plane.." the old man didnt move an inch and he (the good man) showcases his fiery anger "...I SAID MOVE, NOW YOU DISGUSTING PRICK!" Seeing the old man flinch and move, he scoffs "ing hell, what are you deaf? dickhead" and offers a the seat to hana, "sorry about that, men these days huh?" Hearing her soft laughter and her thanking him brought a small smile to his face.

"So whats your name little girl" He asks with a teasing smile on his face,

"HEY im not a little girl im 18! And you look like you're not much older than me! but my name is Haneul but my friend calls me hana" she whines at his teasing comment but answers his question.

"so you're 18, oh you're still a little girl~ well i guess thats a compliment because im .....(not gonna tell you yet but you can guess?)

This man was drop dead gorgeous, he is tall, has soft looking hair that hana really wanted to touch, he was wearing a business suit and had a book in his hands called 'The Metamorphosis'.

"You are very fashionable little girl, dont worry about that old , he just doesn't appreciate good fashion." He compliments,

"Ahh thankyou~ You are a very classy man yourself, nice suit,"

"Oh please dont judge my fashion sense on my outfit now, i swear i have better clothes, im just returning from a business trip so im still in my suit" he replies franticly as hana chuckles "Judging by your accessories, you are a very fashionable man, you look like you could go to a fashion week event" His eyes slightly widen "Oh that reminds me, Seoul fashion week is soon, i might meet you there if you attend? Then i can show you my full 'fashionista' potential."

"As long as the dates don't intervene with my uni studies, im sure i will make it and ill be looking forward to your outfits~" She replies with a quiet yawn while rubbing her eyes.

??? P.O.V

' she is so cute'

"Go to sleep girl, ill make sure that creep doesn't try anything, if he does ill unleash hell on him" He whispers and she lets out a little chuckle,

"Thank you, but there is no need, you need sleep as well~ dont think i cant tell when someone's tired...here" she hands him one earphone and plays an audio book of 'the metamorphosis' He looked at her wide-eyed in surprise "i saw that you were reading this book earlier and listening to music,audio books ect help me fall asleep so i thought it might help you go to sleep as well." 

'how sweet, for a human'

"thank you, music does help me sleep but i have never tried audio books, i might have to download some when i get home...you are a very thoughtful lady Haneul." with that remark she blushed lightly "no worries.." and they were both silent but comfortably listening to the metamorphosis. Hana's eyes slowly flutter shut and he observes her face 'Sat pulchra, si sat bona'

"goodnight little haneul" 

The flight was a 6 hour long flight and after the small chat with 'mystery man' all Hana did was sleep, her exhaustion levels were high because of her lack of sleep last night 'But what can i do about the nightmares? the memories continue to haunt me..'

"Flight 511 has landed at its destination, please gather your belongings and exit the plane accordingly. Thankyou for flying with emirates airlines"

Hana and the man chat quietly as they gather their luggage and exit the plane, thanking the air-hostess on the way out. After fetching their luggage they decide to have Breakfast since neither of them ate during the flight, they chatted about their favorite bands, artists, friends, ect.

"why did you come to S.Korea? maybe to visit a boyfriend or family?" He asks with his coffee in his hands and some glasses perched on his fluffy hair.

"Um just to start anew, although S.Korea is my home, i was raised in Australia so i wanted to live in Korea to become more independent and because i want to be more in touch with my culture ya know?" she evades talking about 'family' and completely forgetting about the 'boyfriend' topic.

"So you're not visiting your boyfriend or friends?" He prods and she snickers "no i don't have a boyfriend if that is what you're low key asking" she notices that Light pink is visible on his cheeks and laughs wholeheartedly "Aw don't be embarrassed~"

"IM NOT EMBARRASSED" he slightly pouts and she chuckles "oka.." *i phone ringtone* she sighs mid-sentence "sorry i have to take this.." his guard goes back up and he nods as she walks away "hello? yes, this is Haneul Kim... Oh you have arrived okay i will meet you at the pick-up spot, thank you very much."

Hana walks back and shoots an apologetic smile to her new friend, "im sorry my ride is here, thank you for keeping me company throughout this whole time and thank you for standing up for me, many people wouldn't have done that and im very thankful~!"

He looks at her with a soft smile and says "im sure anyone would do what i did for you, and it has been a pleasure getting to know you little hana, take care and ill see you at fashion week?"

"Definitely, Bye Bye..." and as they walk away from each other she turns back around and shouts his name, "----" she runs back and gives him a little hug "i mean it when i said thank you, and please sleep more often because even though others don't notice, i do notice that you still look exhausted even though you slept the whole flight...please take care of yourself!" he is left slightly dazed while she runs away muttering " why did i do that OHMYGASH." He caught the words she was muttering and laughed 'How cute, i hope i see you again little hana' he thinks with a fond smile decorating his face.





Holy crap that chapter is done! 

 

Who is the mystery man??