Childhood dreams

Hiraeth

 

 



 

As the days went by Hana had subconsciously created a routine with the boys, she had began sitting with them at lunch sometimes which gained her many skeptical looks, Jin spontaneously crashing into her apartment to cook in exchange for cuddles, Jungkook becoming her annoying and overly protective best friend who had a tendency to 'forget' what the teacher taught therefore allocating her as his tutor nearly every day and bathing in the intriguing presence of taehyung every other day with a book in her hand and a smile on each of their faces. 

"Good evening V-ssi" Hana greeted with her head stuck in an interesting book, unknowing to the swift change of the latters expression

"For the last time..just call me Taehyung, and you might as well add an oppa in there as well." He whisper yells, as he pops a flower into your hair.

"But everyone else call you V, and when i even mutter your real name to anyone they look at me like i have three heads!" She raises her voice back, earning some scowls from nearby students.

He let out a quiet growl at the people looking at his soulmate like that and grasped onto her wrist, gently pulling her into a hidden room with wide windows showing the outside of the library, the sunshine filtering through the transparent glass and landing onto the unoccupied beanbags and cushions that was splayed on the floor. 'OHmugah that looks so comfortable i just wanna...' Hana tried to stop herself but the makeshift bed thing was to irresistible and was calling her name....so she waddled over and launched herself onto the cloud like cushions. Her hair laid messily around her as she was facing the sun, which casted a ethereal glow upon her. Hana's piercing green eyes shone like an precious emerald, her enchanting eyes held a gleam of happiness and when she smiled, taehyungs breath was taken away...His mind rewinding to the portrait he had long forgotten. He had drawn HER....

....timeskip/P.O.V SWAP

He turned to the girl walking, she looked familiar to him...like....Hana? No it couldn't be, he thought.

He hadn't seen her since he was a child... a child with a scarring childhood. A child with a healing friend.

The memories bombarded him as he slumped onto a wooden bench.

Flashyback

Ever since he could remember he had no father figure in his life and only had his mother, "Why would i, a beautiful woman ever love a horrendous excuse of a child like you huh darling?" She asked with a falsely honey like voice, "In fact i constantly ask myself how i could even give birth to a lopsided disaster such as you..." Her head drops as he catches a familiar look in her eyes. " Oh no, you musn't be my child....WHO ARE YOU! YOU ARE NOT MY CHILD! GET OUT GET OUT YOU DEMON!" She screamed in hysteria before narrowing her eyes and launching towards him, hands aimed at his neck as he tries and fails to move. "Look at you, unsymmetrical face, lopsided eyes, horrible teeth and oh god your eyes are of the devil child....you could never be my son, you must be a hideous creature sent from hell..." his tanned skin turns pale as she squeezes his neck with all her might. as he closes his eyes and lets out his last breath she lets go before caressing his face, "...All these scars....your an abomination darling.... do me a favour and die will you devil child?"  'Years and years of this.... i cant take it anymore....please just let me die, i dont want to live anymore.'

"Hello, excuse me you looked upset so i want to give you these flowers!" A little girl in a yellow dress runs up to the boy. He turns around with a scowl, "Get away from me! i dont want your flowers little girl! LEAVE!" Her lips trembled as she let a tiny tear slide down her cheek, she stares at him sadly before leaving dejectedly.... After a while he turned to leave until he saw the flowers, he scoffed before a small, nearly nonexistent smile latched itself onto his expression, taking the flowers and heading home. Little did he know, the girl was watching in determination. From that day on they would meet at the same wooden bench, they would chat about anything and everything (by them talking i mean she talked and he just listened with a slight smile) and she would leave flowers for him, as time went on he began looking forward to their meetings, being the only normal child like experience hes ever had. The whole time they knew each other he had never shown his face, all she could remember was his smile, that always took her breath away. One day his hoodie fell off his face mid smile and he freezes, unable to move even if he tried...

After a minute of unbearable silence she lifts her one hand up to his face, caressing the large scar covering his eye and temple, he stiffens at her touch, "Who did this to you?".....He looks up..."Why, are you disgusted, horrified at my face....it wouldn't be a surprise." he whimpers and looks away, tears pooling in his heterochromatic eyes.

Her short fingers pull his face back to her, "God no, i could never be scared or disgusted with you, i dont care how you look... your my friend and i never judge based on looks cmon you know that!" she laughs before a serious look overtakes her face, "but i need to know if you are okay."

An overwhelming emotion bubbles through his body because finally...someone cares. He breaks down, hysterically sobbing and trembling...The girl empathetically pulls him close, allowing him the comfort that he has longed for.

"But im disgusting, horrifying, my eyes are like a demons...im not worth your worry..." He cries,

"You are worth more than you think, your scars are the result of someone elses jealousy, your eye is absolutely beautiful, like a field of roses, like a red sky, the colour of a precious ruby. you are worthy, i swear to you." The girl softly whispers.

Placing her hands on the sides of his face, she hums a soothing melody and a warm gold light caresses his skin, healing the scarred wounds individually until there is a small trace of a scar.

"You are worthy, for you are a kitsune....a strong fox. Please take care of yourself and believe in yourself, ill miss you hoseok" She reassures him with an odd voice and glazed eyes. 

 

FlashybackFinished

 

"Hey? are you okay? you look a bit upset...here this might help?" Hana fiddles with the flower in her hair and holds it to him, "ahh its the same colour as your eye! like a ruby!" As she hands it to him he calms himself, 'it might not be her' he thinks to himself, but he cannot help the hope that blooms in his chest, 'such a familiar scene huh?' he thinks. As their hands touch she gasps and her eye glaze over, gripping onto his hand and collapsing. He gasps and rushes to catch her before she hits her head and holds her as she whimpers and shivers, her cries becoming increasingly loud until they just stopped....She lifts her head from his shoulder with heavy breaths and looks up at him with a look of unadulterated pain, "Hobi?" she whispered so low, that if he weren't a kitsune he wouldn't have heard her. His eyes widened, only one person called him that, he knew that this time the hope inside him wouldn't leave him in withering in disappointment. 

"Hana?" He smiles a familiar and awe inspiring smile.

Hearing her name from him she pulls him tightly and sobs into his shoulder again, trembling and hiccuping, "How- how can you sm-smile? i -hic- need to hic- breathe" she dramatically pulls out of his embrace and fans her face and looks at him, comparing him to the boy she remembers, the small boy with scars and a wounded heart. The boy who, at one point wouldn't even acknowledge her...The boy who had a smile that could rival the suns brightness despite his unfortunate childhood. The thoughts swirling through her mind caused her to drop to her knees in front of him, tears welling up in her green eyes. Hobi was shocked at the reaction he got, he wasnt expecting her to cry hysterically because of meeting him again..."How could you go through all that hobi? how are you so strong? i wish i couldve done something....i should've never left!" she yells, 'Oh i get it now...' he thinks, 

"You did hana! You did a hell of a lot more than anyone else in my life, including myself! You loved me, comforted me, understood me, you listened to me and you treated me like an actual human being Hana! Every day i would look forward to our meetings! You were the only thing keeping me alive, and you were the only one to help me out of the hole that was my life. You healed me even though you knew you would be taken away for using your powers. You helped me gain the confidence to leave her. You saved me Hana." By the end of his speech, they were both crying in each others embrace. 

As the sky began to darken, he looked at her and spoke calmly, voice full of bearly contained emotion..."Ive been dreaming of the day that i get to see you again, ive been waiting for so long...hoping that youd remember me and come back to our meeting spot...and you did." he lets out his feelings, "ive missed you Hanie" she smiled a smile that Hoseok adored, "ive missed you to Hobi" They smiled at each other with satisfaction and comfort in their hearts.

 


Im back lol.