Jin & the faeries

Hiraeth

| t h e s t a r t h a t l i v s |


italics - mindlinking/thoughts

Underlined - Japanese

Normal - Korean & english


 

Jin's P.O.V

He carefully walks towards the girl in the blue floral dress, she looked beautiful and Jin felt some sort of familiarity with her, 'How do i know her?' 

As he approaches her he sees her teary green eyes and feels unimaginably guilty, "I'm so sorry miss, i sensed an unfamiliar presence and became protective of my halmeoni and little faeries but i now see that i've scared a cute little girl, please forgive me." He apologizes and does a slight bow to the girl.

"Ahhh im sorry i didnt mean to intrude and make you worry for your halmeoni, i just got lost....and im not a little girl! how do i get mistaken as one?!" She finishes with a huff, suprising Jin as he was expecting her to be scared of him, looking up he is met with an adorable pout on her face. "awww your just so cute!" he breaks and pinches her cheeks lightly with a twinkle in his eyes.

"ANIIIII~ Halmeoni help meee!!" she calls out halmeoni but is met with a warm smile on halmeoni's face and her pretending she couldn't hear, "Huh, oh darling i cant hear properly, i mustn't have put in my hearing aid. oh how unfortunate" 

"Faeries!! anyone ahh im going to die! his hands are coldddddd!" She whines and the faeries come to her rescue sending light zaps to his hands so jin could release her, 'leave the angel alonee' He could hear the faeries chant in his head. 'hmm angel...that seems to suit her' 

 

Normal P.O.V (+ small timeskip)

Hana whines as the man she has come to know quite well keeps messing her hair up, "AISH, Jii-kun your messing my hair!" Hana the realizes her mistake and blushes bright red, 

"An..ano i mean sorry! its a habit for me to speak in Japanese...i didn't m..." she was soon cut off by Jin speaking,

"Ahh Hana-chan is so cute~ so you call me jii-kun now?" Hana looks up at jin with a confused expression "i cant trust myself to talk and not embarrass myself so ill stop there" at this statement jin lets out a deep chuckle, "you still called me jii-kun~ don't worry though i like the nickname Hana-chan~" he teases her.

Hana's stomach rumbles and she just facepalms, "i didnt even need to talk to embarrass myself..what kind of luck do i have?!" Jin mother senses tingle and he asks," have you eaten? are you hungry? come follow me!" he grabs her hand, pulls her into the cozy kitchen and lifts her onto the counter and waits for her answer while tapping his foot impatiently. 

"Um i forgot to eat breakfast? i was supposed to go into the hongdae but i was too busy day dreaming on the bus so i missed the stop and ended up here" she replies sheepishly while swinging her feet. "YOU HAVEN'T EATEN SINCE LAST NIGHT! are you always this forgetful? do you always skip meals, i swear if you do...ill call you everyday to remind you. You need nutrition and 3 meals a day okay!" he scolds her and she goes quiet, looking at her feet as they stop swaying.

Jin notices Hanas body language and immediately feels bad for scolding her, "im sorry Hana-chan i didn't mean to be harsh but you need to eat proper...." hana cuts him off when she looks up with teary eyes, "No no no its just that you...um...you remind me of my omma because she always used to nag at me for my forgetfulness and she would always worry wether i ate or not, you dont need to apologize jii-kun"she softly smiles at the memories.

Jin then noticed that Hana used past tense when referring to her mother, Hana noticed that jin wanted to ask about the use of past tense when she talked about her mum and softly told him, "please understand that its really hard for me to trust people, but one day i will tell you and when that time comes please dont betray my trust Jin-ssi" He noticed the broken look on her face and the way she addressed him,"i understand sweetheart, everyone has their bad times but i promise that ill help you learn to trust others~ AND please dont call me jin-ssi, ill only allow you to call me jii-kun or jin oppa, no formalities okay hana-chan~" 

"Yes oppa," she coos and smiles "thankyou for understanding."

"yes yes your welcome, now im going to make you some warm soup and then we can go outside and explore, don't think that i didn't notice the look of longing when you look outside honey, that is our schedule for today, you can cut some fruits and pop them into the basket" *cue a little picnic basket appearing* "there along with some water and anything else you want to eat"

Hana's eyes sparkle as he says this, "WERE GOING TO HAVE A PICNIC!! can the faes and halmeoni come?" Jin can feel the buzzing of his faes when she asks if they can tag along, "yes they can come honey, now wash your hands and you can start on the fruit while i cut the veges"

She nods and bounces off to wash her hands, showing her excitement like a child 'huh cute' Jins eyes trail after her before he prepares his soup.

Normal P.O.V

There was one faerie that stuck to Hana ever since she arrived, like a moth to a flame, the faerie would always be wherever she was, watching her, making sure she was comfortable and comforting her when she was sad. She noticed the fae following her to the bathroom, "Im sorry i didn't even thankyou for comforting me before, thankyou for doing that~" Hana thanks the faerie and the fae just hovers over to her shoulder and sits there just her hair with its tiny hands.

A piercing but short pain erupts in her head, like a headache but worse. Hana lets out a small grunt and then hears a soft girly voice...'You are welcome angel' She looks down at the faerie on her shoulder with a confused expression, 'Yes this is the only way to communicate with you, im sorry i had to force through your minds barrier to be able to talk to you, all you have to do is think and i can hear you. Its just like talking but no one else can hear us'

'what is your name? why have you been watching over me all day?' Hana asks, 'i do not have a name but i go by lin, none of us have names only our owners give us names but we dont have any because we want to be free so prince Seokjin let us stay here with his protection, this whole place, the forest, lake and fields are all under his protection. I watch over you because i feel inclined to, i feel the need to protect you like i would my own child. You being in this house even for a short amount of time has lightened up the place. every single faerie that lives here feels some sort of protectiveness for you, we don't know why but we are not the type to let this go, we as a species believe that everything happens for a reason, you coming here was not something we can overlook, your here for a reason, so we just follow our instincts and protect you.

They continue to talk back and forth in hanas mind until she heard jin call her, 'we'd better get back to prince seokjin, angel' the faerie said,

'why do you call him a prince and me angel?' she asks the faerie

'because i speak only the truth...'