002

Of Soft Sunlight and Cool Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What club are you signing for?" Chenle asked as he flopped down on a seat next to Jihyo who was playing with her phone in the class. A few weeks already passed since their first day going to this highschool and Jihyo still hadn't made up her decision about the school club registration.

"Umm.. not sure yet" Jihyo answered slowly, finally putting down her phone just not to be seen impolite. Chenle nodded and sighed, then looked at the paper in his hand. It quirked a bit curiousity to Jihyo and she unconsciously asked what it was. Chenle looked a bit surprised that Jihyo was the one starting a topic first but he then smiled while answering her question.

"It's the music club registration form.. I think I want to join them" Jihyo nodded at the answer. Already gotten the answer she wanted, she didn't ask anything further. "Actually-" Chenle started again, a hand pulling out some poorly folded paper from his uniform's pocket then put it on Jihyo's table. "I got all of the clubs' registration form just in case you want to join any" he offered a sweet smile and Jihyo only froze in her seat because despite her always being spoiled by her lovely brother, she never received this kind of treatment from anyone else.

"Ah.. thankyou so much-" Jihyo was about to say his name but it fell silent because she wasn't sure how she should address him. The folded paper, however were far from being folded because they looked nearly crumpled from being stuffed in Chenle's pocket.

And that was how Jihyo ended up standing in front of the Photography and Cinema Club room later that day, asking herself countless times if she should just go back instead and curl up under the safety of her blankets. Her first intention when she came to this school was to become a normal student for the whole high school years and graduated in silence. But hearing her teaching mentioned about how joining a club could add on their grades, she ran for the most interesting club she could see.

"You can just knock, stranger-nim. There are actually people inside" a voice startled Jihyo and her shoulders visibly tensed with the shock. She turned to the source of the voice in reflex and took a few steps back because the peach-colored hair she saw was just high-key out of place in this school. But the uniform that the peach-haired wore told her that he must be also a student in this school. She wondered how he got away with his bright peach hair without getting scolded by the teachers but that could be saved for later. At this moment Jihyo only needed to save herself, maybe run away or just simply talk to the stranger but the second option was immediately erased as her introvert instinct told her to just run away and hide in shame.

Before Jihyo could do anything, though, the stranger smiled at her happily and grabbed her wrist, opening the door and dragging her inside. He had noticed a familiar paper in Jihyo's grip that was the registration form so he didn't need to think twice to invite her inside. Well, more like forced her inside than invite her inside but it worked better anyway.

The room was filled with a few people, most of them probably her seniors. They were all chatting and laughing so loudly that Jihyo was a bit taken aback that she hadn't noticed the noise from out of the door. The small crowd however fell silent and all eyes landed on her as the peach-haired boy who was still holding her wrist announced his entrance.

"Hey guys! Guess who do we have as a guest today" he sing-sang as he bounced on his feet. Everyone in the room had their interested and excited looks on but Jihyo somewhat thought they looked scary. The alarm in her head screamed danger as the attention was focused on her. She unconsciously gripped on the paper in her hand but she kept her face straight.

"Ahh.. Haven't seen you around before, are you new?" A girl with high-pitched voice asked cheerfully and Jihyo almost forgot to hold back her flinch. Jihyo silently nodded and tried to smile but it turned out awkward. She was practically radiating cold air and the whole students in the room noticed it but they paid no mind as another student spoke up,

"Would you mind introducing yourself and explain why did you come here, please?" Someone asked politely and Jihyo felt a bit safer at the warm gesture so she took a breath and bowed 90 degrees at them before introducing herself.

"Hello everyone, my name is Jung Jihyo and I'm a new student here... I came here because I- uh, I think I want to join this club" Jihyo said. She tried to talk as loud as she could but some students still strained their ears to actually hear what she said. Jihyo showed them the paper in her hand and a boy stood up immediately, almost scaring her. The boy came over and motioned her to hand him the registration paper so she did. His feature was soft yet he had such a cold expression on as he skimmed through the paper.

The boy then smirked, turned to the other side of the room and called out another boy. "Yah, Haechan-ah, do you think she's qualified to be our new member?" He asked smugly. The called boy, sitting silently on the edge of a table, hands tucked in his uniform's pockets just hummed before he stood up and approached her too. Jihyo took an unconscious step behind at the intrusion of new human beings too near to her comfort zone. That Haechan boy looked strangely out of place with his bright red hair but Jihyo was no longer shocked because she saw a head with peach color just a few minutes ago. She started to think she had chosen the wrong club because these boys seemed to be the types to break rules all the time.

The boy, Haechan, took the paper and examined it with disinterest then eyed Jihyo with a judging look before giving the paper back to the boy who called him. "I don't think so, Jaemin-ah, but we can work on that" Haechan said coldly as he turned his back to Jihyo. "Let's see how good she is first, we don't just take anyone in" he added before walking back to his previous spot.

Jihyo only blinked and looked back at the Jaemin boy. Jaemin had a normal natural black hair so Jihyo felt less in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter