004

Of Soft Sunlight and Cool Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haechan learnt that Jihyo was cold intolerant that day.

 It would be a lie if Jihyo didn't find the scenery beautiful because it was definitely stunning. She stretched her arms, already tired from their long ride there. Haechan looked very satisfied though, Jihyo noted. He seemed as if he was really proud of being able to show her this beautiful place.

 It wasn't much actually. They were just standing at the edge of a meadow. The plants just started to grow dry and the dying flowers were seen peeking shyly between the grey. Autumn had started to take over the weather. The breeze was cooling and Jihyo silently tightened her jacket, not being one to deal with the wind well. The sun was still high when they took the bus ride but it became visibly lower now.

 "Jihyo-ya, what do you think?" Haechan turned at her and smiled widely, eyes twinkling. Jihyo snapped her head to look at the older boy, only to turn back looking at the beautiful grey-ish land in a split second. Something in his eyes made her unable to hold gaze with him.

 "Uhm.. It's nice, sunbaenim" Jihyo stated silently, digging her hands in her coat pocket. Upon noticing that, Haechan widened his eyes and turned his body fully to the girl.

 "Are you okay?? You cold?" He asked suddenly, worried. His hands reached to touch the girl's arms but stopped midway when she shuffled further away from him, not being a fan of skinship with people she wasn't close with.

 "I'm okay- Just a bit cold intolerant, that's all" Jihyo said, avoiding the boy's eyes. She felt ashamed that he noticed her uncomfortable state so quickly even though she tried to hide it.

 Haechan visibly panicked and he shuffled on his feet because he wasn't sure of what to do. He paced around the girl as he thought of something to help her. He was about to take off his jacket for Jihyo to wear but remembering how the younger had backed away from him just a few minutes ago made him cancel his plan. He ruffled his hair and groaned in frustration. Jihyo who was watching him the whole time only blinked and hugged her coat closer to her body, legs already hurting from the coldness. She should have changed into a pair of long jeans instead of the school uniform skirt.

 The older shrieked at the state Jihyo was at, finally removing his jacket and putting it around the cold girl. "Don't protest!" He had warned beforehand just in case Jihyo refused his jacket or backed away. Jihyo only lowered her gaze and silently sniffled, secretly glad that the new cloth around her gave her more warmth to dive into.

 "Oh god, I'm such a fool" the boy whined and looked around, spotting a small house that was supposed to be their final destination for the survey. He almost forgot about it and he felt even more foolish at that. He glanced at Jihyo and waved his hands in front of her face to get the attention of the girl who seemed to be a bit dazed, eyes unfocused. Jihyo got startled a bit but she didn't show it, only looking at Haechan in question. He understood dragging her wasn't all that acceptable from how she reacted to him dragging her around earlier so he motioned her to follow him.

 "Follow me, I should've brought you there sooner oh gosh" He fussed again as he walked ahead of the girl. Jihyo struggled a bit at keeping up with his pace but she managed somehow, almost tripping over her own foot on her way. The boy gave her a few glances to make sure she was fine as he kept walking to the said house.

 When they arrived, Haechan immediately shuffled a key out of his pocket and opened the wooden door. "This is my friend's place, I borrowed this place for the shooting but I guess that can be rearranged somehow" He informed even before Jihyo asked anything. They walked inside and the small house was rather empty and a bit dusty, only a few furniture could be seen. But Jihyo wasn't about to protest because she finally could shield herself from the abusing wind outside.

 "Make yourself comfortable, I'll be back" That was the only thing Haechan said before he was rushing out of the house, not forgetting to close the door securely just so the wind won't seep in. Jihyo sighed and decided to flop herself on a couch nearby. 

 Everything happened so fast and Jihyo's small part of brain refused to process it in the same pace. With how many social interaction she had today, being left alone kind of made her relax. Something didn't settle in her heart, though -because the older boy left without notifying her where he was going. And she didn't even know where she was at. Jihyo gulped.

 Luckily, the said boy came just in time Jihyo's anxiety almost ate her alive. It was obvious that Haechan had been running because his breath was shorter and his hair was a bit messy. There was a cup in his hand, steam coming out of its slightly opened lid. He pushed it to Jihyo and he smiled when the other only stared at it.

 'This girl is surely slow' He thought as he bit down his grin, not wanting to be seen rude. "Coffee. For you. Get warmed up" he said then motioned her to take the warm cup. "Sorry there wasn't anything else other than coffee"

 Jihyo gaped. She actually couldn't drink coffee that well because her stomach always refused but she took the cup with hesitation and sipped on the coffee. She kept drinking the warm liquid, feeling better and warmer than before. She wanted to appreciate his effort to make her feel better and it worked. The wide grin she saw next was so worth the jolt of pain in her stomach.

 Jaehyun had to hold his venom when he saw his sister coming back late that evening, with a runny nose and a stomachache.

 

 

 "You don't have to change the place, Haechan-sunbaenim" Jihyo assured the next week when she heard that the place of the filming would be changed soon. She had rushed to the club room right after she read the notification on the group chat, noting that their club president was in the said room because he sent a picture of the glass blackboard full of his new recommended places.

 Haechan turned his head to the source of voice, a pair of glasses slipped lower on the bridge of his nose. He had been writing down some ideas on his notebook when Jihyo came. "Oh! Jihyo-ya, it's you" He exclaimed, putting down his pen and gave his full attention to the new girl.

 "The place we went before was perfect for the story" Jihyo added, not even bothering to greet him first. She could see Haechan's slight frown but she continued, "the scenery, the house, the wind.. everything suited the mood". She wasn't about to admit that she claimed that the reason behind his sudden change of plan was because of last week's incident.

 Haechan pressed his lips together, not expecting such a strong rejection of his new plan. But then he took a deep breath and nodded. He got a relieved smile in return and he learnt another thing that day.

 That Jihyo didn't like to be seen as a burden.

Haechan : Guys, there's a turn in the plan, we'll use our original plan instead Lua : Aye captain! Renjun : Got it Jaemin : Sure thing bro

 

 

 "I don't like him" Chenle commented after Haechan had walked passed him and Jihyo in the canteen, waving her way and smiling so brightly. 

 "Eh? Why?" Jihyo blinked at her friend. It felt as if she had no other friends except Chenle because her social skill was near to minus. She saw how the other boy only pouted and munched on his lunch. "Chenle-ya, whyyy?" She pushed again.

 "You two seem close" the boy pointed out after he gulped down his food, squinting at the accused girl.

 "I- what are you saying? We're not close, He's my club president, Chen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter