003

Of Soft Sunlight and Cool Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As promised, Jihyo met those 3 seniors from the Photography club again on the lunch break.

Jihyo was silently taking her foods when she heard loud voices calling her name and when she turned she saw 3 figures waving at her furiously. Chenle who was lined up in front of her gave her a questioning look so they ended up sitting together around a table, all 5 of them.

Chenle quickly warmed up to the seniors though, with how outgoing he was naturally. He was still a bit careful with his words as they were a grade above Jihyo and him, but that didn't stop him from cracking jokes and laughing like crazy from time to time. Jihyo was just there sitting silently, more focused on her foods than the conversation. She only gave minimum reactions and laughed along when they all laughed.

"Where's Haechan, though? I thought he said he'd join us on lunch break" Renjun suddenly said after he gulped down his drink. At the mention of the club president's name, Jihyo tensed a bit. Chenle noticed it and looked at her in question again. He noted that he was going to have a long and deep conversation with Jihyo later with this topic. So much happened yesterday and Chenle didn't even know a thing.

"Oh there he is" Hyeyeon said and all eyes looked at the red-haired boy walking their way with a can of coffee in hand. "Is he really still putting up with his act? I can't believe this, what's he trying to get actually?" Hyeyeon continued upon seeing how Haechan tried to look as cold as possible, not a single happiness on his face.

Chenle saw it though, a glint of excitement in Haechan's eyes as he got near. Their eyes met and Chenle smiled ever so brightly, stood up then bowing at him while introducing himself as Jihyo's best friend. Something sparked in Haechan's eyes for a millisecond at that but he just nodded and sat down between Renjun and Hyeyeon, across from Jihyo. Jihyo's eyebrow rose as she pressed her lips together in a thin line, wondering since when did she became Chenle's best friend.

"Cut it off Haechan-ah, don't even try to look cool. You know you aren't" Lua scoffed only to get a glare in return. Haechan stayed silent as he opened his can of coffee and sipped on the content. "You don't even drink coffee" This time Haechan glared harder and even squinted his eyes at Lua. Lua held her gaze on him and gave him a challenging stare.

"Okay okay finee I give up" Haechan practically flailed his arms before he crossed his arms and huffed like a sulking little kid. Jihyo almost gaped at the duality but she stopped herself before doing so.

"Sorry for that, he's really weird, like, really weird.." Hyeyeon gave her a sheepish smile and nudged Haechan's side. The red head only scratched his nape in embarrassment and peeked at Jihyo who was already looking at him curiously.

"What?" Haechan pouted at Jihyo and this time Hyeyeon slapped his arm. "Owwww whaaattt? I just wanted to be seen cool for once! I want to build a cool image in front of my juniors. You heard my plan, you all did" Haechan whined and rubbed his arm.

"Well, certainly it just doesn't work, Haechan-ah.. the new students will eventually find out you're really weird and anything but cool even if they fell for your act at first" Renjun said matter-of-factly as he kept eating his foods.

The lunch time passed with more chatters and a sulking Haechan, still not accepting that his friends busted his plan to be seen as a 'cool senior' by the new students. He almost made Jihyo fell into his act though. Jihyo thought Haechan was all but friendly at first but the words from his friends telling him to cut it off confused her, and now she knew what actually happened.

Jihyo wanted to laugh because that was just so childish but she didn't want to be seen rude. Haechan was actually a loud boy, maybe even louder than the whole Photography club members. He had a bright wide smile and a contagious laugh, Jihyo learnt. He had traded his coffee with Renjun's half empty cup of orange juice because he claimed that the coffee was a bit too bitter. Jihyo actually chuckled at that.

      February 2019

After the entrance test was over, Jihyo and Chenle went to get some ice cream despite it not being warm enough for them to be eating ice creams at that time. They sat across each other and snapped some pictures together as Chenle suggested. He even took some candid pictures of her with her ice cream, not being able to hold himself because it was a rare time where Jihyo actually ate an ice cream flavor other than Chocolate mint. He smiled and posted the candid picture on his SNS, writing a 'rare moments shall be captured to be reminded' on the description box and tagging the girl's account.

The two of them continued eating their ice creams while talking about the previous test they both took. They ended up talking about the lecturer's weird glasses or about how the room was a bit too cold for them, mostly for Jihyo because she was intolerant to the cold. It had been a widely-known fact that she had cold intolerance due to her health but luckily she prepared jackets and hot packs beforehand.

A notification popped on Chenle's screen and he stopped talking upon seeing the comment left on his previous post with Jihyo's picture in it.

@yourkhei_lucasbb has left a comment. "whoo Hey beautiful, hmu @jungjihyo____"

Upon reading the comment, Chenle frowned and typed as fast as he could without making any typing error. Jihyo gave her a look because he was tapping his screen so furiously but Chenle paid no mind.

@lelechenlele has replied to @yourkhei_lucasbb. "Back off dude, she's taken"

 

 

 Jihyo was tired of sitting at the audience seats that looked like rows of stairs at the sides of the school gym. She was excused from all of the gym classes due to her health, an official letter from the hospital had been sent flying to the teacher's desk earlier that month because she almost hurt herself trying to keep up with the other students' activeness. Jaehyun was enraged at whoever made his sister fall that day and almost hit her head on the floor. Her head was a sensitive area.

Out of boredom, J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter