005

Of Soft Sunlight and Cool Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 2019

"How was the exam?" Jaehyun asked as soon as Jihyo stepped into their house. He was sitting in the kitchen with some paper and a laptop in front of him on the kitchen counter. His eyes were still focused on the screen as he talked. A pair of glasses sat on the bridge of his nose.

Jihyo took her time walking to her older brother, settling to sit next to him right away. "It was okay, I tried my best." She finally answered the question. Jaehyun rose an eyebrow at her, pausing his typing on his laptop.

"Well that's new -You trying your best in an exam." Jaehyun exclaimed and got a hit on his side in return. "Whaaat? You used to hate being the first! Is it because he goes to that University too?" He chuckled. He dodged her next hit easily since he already expected it. He could see how his sister's ears turned pinkish, definitely not from the cold.

"You know how it goes" Jihyo puffed her cheeks and rolled her eyes. Her brother laughed and told her to go on a date or something because, "I need to get this work done in a few hours, gonna take my baby for a dinner." He said with a dreamy smile, already imagining his romantic dinner with his girlfriend. Jihyo playfully gagged at that, saying how gross he was acting but still going upstairs to her room for Jaehyun to finish his work alone -not before shouting that she had just gotten back from a date. She was glad that at some point Jaehyun had found his own lover and had stopped being too overprotective of Jihyo.

 

 

It was a rather sunny day. The weather had gotten colder by the month notifying that Autumn had fully took over the season. The Cinematography club members were once again gathered in their meeting room. Haechan had parted them into two teams to make the work efficient. Half of the A Team were working on editing the video to make the movie and the rest of the team were resting, already done with their on-field task days ago while Haechan was busy mentoring the B Team who was about to do a new project. It always went on like that, A Team would go filming then when they only needed to edit the videos, B Team would run their own project. There weren't many members in that club but with the skills they had it was more than enough.

"Umm.. Is there anything I can help with?" Jihyo asked almost every single person in her team -A Team. Most of them only shrugged and said there were nothing left to do, even adding a "You can go home if you want to" to emphasize the point. Jihyo didn't feel like it was the right time to leave so she settled to just sitting at the side, watching the rest of them.

Renjun was busy on one of the computers, editing his pictures the way he wanted with some advices from Hyeyeon who was sitting by his side, munching on some salad. Lua was doing a girl's hair while gossiping with the others. Jihyo wasn't interested in either activity so she shifted her gaze to the others. Jaemin was messing around with their former leader, Lee Chan while teaming up with another boy who Jihyo remembered as Sanha. Jaemin was actually in her team and he was supposed to be editing their videos with Hyunjin but oh, well. Hyunjin looked fine by himself anyway so Jihyo thought it won't be much of a problem. He looked more than used to people not helping him to do his job.

From the corner of her eyes she could see how Haechan was quietly reading a new script written by another club member from the other team. His red hair was already fading into a pinkish color and his black roots were already showing a little. She could see how Haechan would squint his eyes from time to time. It reminded her when she saw him with glasses on that day when he was alone in the meeting room. It made her wonder if he actually had some problem with his eyesight but she didn't think of it too much so instead, she looked at the door.

The room actually didn't have any windows that made it very suffocating for Jihyo at times. Though the air conditioner was enough for them to feel refreshed, Jihyo had a special need for empty space around her so she decided to go out from the loud room. After she was able to quit the room without anyone noticing, she went for a walk by herself in the empty corridor. It was already an hour past the class dismissal and there were not many students left.

Jihyo stopped in front of a vending machine and gave it a look before she went closer and decided to get some drink. She bought herself a bottle of sugar-free tea, her not being a fan of sugar. She sat herself down on the floor beside the vending machine, resting her back on it. She fished out her phone and went on YouTube, finding interest in a new found video of some random dance team. It reminded her of how active she was back then with her dance team before she got sick.

She always had a passion in dancing and she had always wanted to be a professional dancer but that was just a dream now. With her condition, she wouldn't be able to dance as great as before anymore. She could barely hold her balance right at times and she wasn't allowed to do too many tiring activities. Hence she was even excused from her P.E class due to her health. She could only see her dream playing from the screen of her phone now. She sighed and quickly closed the video as he heard footsteps coming her way. Instead she went to check for any new messages, silently praying the footsteps would just turn around and go away.

Jihyo only then noticed a new message from her brother asking for her whereabouts. She was typing down her answer when a candy fell on his lap and there was a tall figure standing in front of her. Jihyo stopped typing and looked up at the intruder. It was no other than Haechan, who was smiling down at her. From this position Jihyo felt so small sitting in front of a standing Haechan. The boy wasn't that tall but Jihyo was just that short and small to say that the boy was tall.

Haechan went to squat down in front of her and Jihyo was glad he did because somehow she felt a bit intimidated around tall boys -except for her brother of course. "What are you doing here alone?" Haechan's friendly tone calmed Jihyo's nerves. He sat down and leaned his back on the wall, side facing Jihyo. He put another cherry flavored candy in his own mouth and gave Jihyo a risen eyebrow, asking for an answer of his previous question.

Jihyo only looked at him in silence, lips sealed tight. The older boy frowned at that, taking the candy in Jihyo's hand and opening the package. He remembered how Jihyo had struggled to open the candy's package when he first gave it to her a few days prior so he decided he should do it for her instead. The girl whispered a small 'Thank you' as she received the opened candy then put it in . She got a wide grin in return.

Upon seeing the grin, Jihyo looked down and decided to finish typing her answer to her brother's message then sending it right away. There was a thick silence after that. Jihyo didn't know what to say.

"Is your oppa coming to pick you up again?" Haechan broke the silence with his curiosity. When Jihyo looked up, he was already trying to peek at her phone.

"Eh-" Jihyo turned her phone face down on her lap and shook her head as an answer. Haechan let out a small 'ah~' while nodding. Jihyo had started to wonder if Haech

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter