016 - The @jungjihyo____ Girl

Of Soft Sunlight and Cool Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Monday was chaos for both Haechan and Jihyo. Well more of curious glances from her classmates for Jihyo. And unstoppable curious questions from his friends for Haechan. Though Haechan was never the person to hide things from his friends, he was hesitant to answer the questions thrown to him. Most of the questions being about him and Jihyo since the picture from NeoCT127 instagram was uploaded. His close friends knew right away that the model in Jihyo's post was him. It wasn't that he was trying to be subtle when he edited and uploaded it, anyway. And if Jihyo would protest later on, he would blame her for trusting him with the editing and uploading. But he still didn't want to answer his friends yet because he wasn't sure that Jihyo would like him to spill the tea about the two of them getting together.

 The news would spread too fast considering how socially active Haechan's friends were. They could be a famous couple in a second. He wouldn't be surprised if his face and Jihyo's face would be on the headline of their school semi-official forum slash blog by tomorrow morning. Or even sooner, if he blurted out the news. The thing is, being a leader of a school club, no mater how unpopular Haechan is, if he gets a girlfriend everyone would still be curious. The boy couldn't quite understand why. Some people just really liked to poke their noses into others' business. More gossips, more topics to chat about. 

 "Oh come on, you're not that good looking either, the news won't blow up." Jeno said matter-of-factly after Haechan brushed their question for the nth times that day. It was still the first break between classes and Haechan was already tired of hearing his friends, mostly Jaemin and Jeno, asking about his current status with his crush.

 Haechan crumpled the unused paper on his desk and threw it to Jeno's face not-so-gently at the comment. He didn't know how but at some point Jeno had known about his mini crush towards their junior. Well maybe not that mini anymore, but Haechan would never admit that out loud. Fact is, Haechan was never subtle at trying to get closer to Jihyo but the others didn't notice it. Why? Because they simply didn't care enough to look closer and notice it. Haechan was a really friendly boy anyway so making new friends and bugging them until they pushed him away wasn't something new for him. But Jihyo didn't push him away. Well not physically, at least.

 "So you two went for a date-"

 "A project meeting." Haechan cut Jaemin's words and the other only rolled his eyes.

 "Sure. So you two went on a date-" Jaemin started again. No matter how much Haechan tried to convince him that it wasn't a date, Jaemin knew better.

 "A project meeting." Once again, Haechan corrected his words. This time a bit sharply. But Jaemin wouldn't just stop at that.

 "Yeah, you two went on a-"

 "Project meeting." This time it was Jeno who corrected slash scolded him. He knew this conversation would go nowhere if Jaemin kept insisting on the term 'date' because obviously Haechan didn't want to admit on it. He sighed and immediately regretted even opening his mouth because now Jaemin wouldn't let him live peacefully with his precious milk and bread.

 "Wow- you're on his side now??" Jaemin looked at Jeno in disbelief, as if he had just gotten betrayed for the first time in his life. Jeno turned to open his box of milk and gulped down the cotent before he faced the persistent boy again.

 "I'm not picking sides??? you two are so annoying-"

 "And now I'm annoying???" Haechan watched as Jaemin kept being dramatic with Jeno, making Jeno regret for ever trying to open his mouth even more today. No, he might be regretting ever meeting them then.

 The bickering didn't stop at that. Sometimes Haechan wondered if they really could be friends with how different their personalities were. The only thing getting them together was the basketball club which Haechan never really attended anymore. And the fact that all three of them were weird and loud. Well minus Jeno, maybe. He was pretty calm compared to the other two, always being the most composed and awkward one between them. And he was the pretty boy of the school, a popular basketball player who had girls lining up to confess to him everyday. But even then, his laugh was the loudest out of them. He could wake every lazy sleeping students in the entire building up with his laugh alone. 

 Somehow the bickering finally faded out and another topic rolled in. "The match is on this Saturday night. Are you really not joining us, Haechan-ah?" Jeno had started the topic first. And that day Haechan decided that he didn't like answering questions. Or more like he didn't like being questioned.

 "There are other players in the team too. They would feel unfair if I suddenly jump in and join the match when I never showed up during practice." Haechan reasoned, shrugging his shoulders dismissively. At that, the other two went silent. "Why? Am I wrong?"

 Jaemin looked hesitant before he answered. "Well it's quite the opposite- our opponent is pretty strong. And this is not even an official match so most of them backed off." Suddenly Haechan's fsce dropped at the news. He didn't know what was actually happening and he only refused because he didn't want to join the basketball club anymore, anyway. "That's why we need you." Haechan tried not to let the guilt settle in but it did. And it didn't feel good.

 

 

 "Hey, have you seen the NeoCT127's new insta post?" One of Jihyo's classmates, Minjoo started early in the morning as soon as she put down her bag on her desk. Her friends who were already there inside the class all turned their attention to the girl who just came.

 "You mean our school's cinematography club?" Rina asked and Minjoo confirmed it with an enthusiastic nod.

 "I think they're starting a new project yesterday and they started with a new member!" The news made some of them gasp dramatically while the rest only nodded since they heard the news already.

 "Seriously?? I thought no one passed through because I heard it was so strict." The other girl, Jinsol exclaimed while covering in shock.

 Minjoo shook her head and pressed her lips together. "I thought so. But turned out they passed someone into the club. And no one noticed anything." Considering how famous their page was, it was kind of questionable for them not to know any updates on the member list.

 "The girl's name is Jung Jihyo, though." Rina suddenly said, eyes fixed on her phone with Jihyo's instagram page open. Then suddenly everyone's eyes turned to the empty seat in the front of the class right next to a seated Chenle who was busy going through his backpack looking for something he might have accidentally left at home. Upon feeling like he was being observed by many pairs or eyes, Chenle looked up and saw the crowd of girls looking not at him but at the empty seat next to him. Jihyo's seat.

 "There's no homework today so you girls can stop staring at Jihyo's seat and relax back." Chenle murmurs only loud enough for the group to hear before going back to his backpack. The girls snickered at the sassy tone of Chenle's words and they immediately turned away from him. It wasn't a secret anymore that the girls more than often asked for homeworks in the morning to Jihyo because obviously they didn't do theirs. Chenle always tried his best to stop them but sometimes Jihyo was too nice to be mean.

 "There can't be only one Jung Jihyo in this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter