012

Of Soft Sunlight and Cool Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Haechan watched as the girl across the yard played with her friend's long hair, attempting to make a braids but giving up not even midway through because it looked super messy already. He chuckled when the girl combed her friend's hair back with her hair with a slight disappointed pout on her face after failing her attempt to braid her friend's hair. It had always looked so easy when she watched the others braid their hair.

 From his side, Jaemin curiously sat closer and followed where Haechan's eyes were locked to. "Ahhh~" Jaemin exclaimed loudly next to him, getting the other's attention but not making him tear his gaze off the girl across the yard. "So this is what you do now in your spare time? No wonder you never come to the basketball practice anymore" He continued despite not receiving and response from Haechan.

 It was a fine afternoon and the Cinematography club members were out around the school yard just chatting loudly while discussing about what should they do for the next project. They were sitting in small circles and each circles would make one idea so there would be a lot of ideas for the next project. Haechan though, this time decided to sit with his gang that includes Jaemin, Jeno and some other boys than sitting with Jihyo and Renjun like usual.

 "You guys continue the discussion, I need to go somewhere." Haechan suddenly said out of nowhere and he was already standing up from his seat when the circle's attention shifted on him.

 "I'm rarely here and once I'm here right now you just wanna leave me like this?" Jeno grumbled dramatically. He was always absent from the club activity because obviously the great Lee Jeno wasn't only a member of Cinematography club but also some other organizations in school. 

 "I was always here the whole time and once I need to leave you just had to come today?" The standing boy turned away sassily and walked off, followed by a crumpled paper being thrown his way by no other than Lee Jeno himself. On the side, Jaemin only watched with a half-hearted grin to at least try to match his friends' laughter. He was actually curious of what the auburn haired boy needed to do so suddenly. He was just staring at Jihyo not even 5 minutes ago.

 Something in Jaemin's head ticked and he shifted his gaze to where Jihyo was sitting. Right at that time Jihyo was looking at her phone hesitantly before excusing herself from her friends. Jihyo walked in a slightly uncomfortable manner to the way where Haechan just went off to. Then it all clicked in Jaemin's mind. Oh.

Yes, Oh.

 Jihyo's shoes are quiet against the floor despite her fast steps. She walked straight to her class nervously. The text that was sent from no other than her senior, Haechan made her slightly wondering if she should actually follow his words or not. In the end she did and there she was, standing by her locker in her class as what he told her to. 

Go check your locker ASAP 

 The girl looked around for a bit before she turned the numbers in the lock to open it. The locker squeaked open and she immediately spotted a folded white paper at the top of her neatly arranged stuff. Her breath hitched and she hesitantly reached for the paper. Her mind went wild with possibilities of what could be written inside. The white paper was folded really small that she was scared that she would rip it when she opened it. She didn't, and when the ink started to be seen, she slowed down.

Would you be my

 She stopped to take a shaky breath, stopping herself from unfolding the rest of the paper because whooooff who knew what would be happening today? Her heart was beating so fast and loud she could literally hear and feel it hammering in her head. The fact that it was written in English too, made her mind spin more.

 Suddenly she could hear faint footsteps from the corridor. And the first thing she did on instinct was to put the paper back in her locker and pretend to look for something in her locker. She just wished whoever the person was, they would just walk pass by her class and not mind her presence here. Unfortunately, though, the footsteps stopped just by the door of her class. It was hours past school hours and her class was upstairs which didn't have important rooms such as lab or others. No students would go to this side of the building if they didn't have something to do with the first grade classes.

 The sound of a boy clearing his throat had Jihyo turn her head to face the door where the voice came from. She immediately locked eyes with a pair of nervous ones. Ah..

 "Have you seen it?" It was Haechan. His voice was a bit hushed and uncertain. That was so unlike him to talk in such tone.

 "Ah- this?" Jihyo scrambled to reach for the discarded paper in her locker and showed it to him. She hoped to all gods that her face wasn't turning red. She continued when she saw the other nodding. "I.. haven't read it all"

 "Do it, then" Haechan was making it obvious that he was nervous by shifting on his feet uncomfortably.

 Jihyo shifted her attention back to the folded paper then slowly unfolded it. She pressed her lips together and read the words all over again. And again. She then looked up at her senior.

 "Huh?"

 

 

"Hyeyeonnie~" an auburn haired Haechan slid onto the seat next to Hyeyeon one morning on a break between classes. Hyeyeon who was munching on her favorite shrimp flavored chips loudly while having her eyes fixed on the book in front of her only hummed as an answer, eyes not leaving her book and hand not stopping its work feeding herself the shrimp flavored snack.

Haechan pouted at that and dragged the chair closer to Hyeyeon then looked at the girl expectantly. "Have you ever asked someone out?" It successfully made Hyeyeon stopped reading her book and turned her head to look at the boy in questioning way.

"Why? Are you gonna ask someone out?" The girl teased but Haechan only shrugged, making her frown. That wasn't the reaction she wanted to see. "Then what's it about?"

"Nothing. Just curious since your English is really good then maybe you'd ask them out using English words or something.."

"Seriously? Do you think I'd come up at my crush asking, 'Would you be my boyfriend?' just because I'm good with English?" Hyeyeon chuckled. She dug her hand in the snack bag and started eating her snack again. Her friend could be such a weird boy sometimes.

Haechan's mouth formed a small 'o' as he nodded, mentally noting the English sentence said by his friend in his mind. "Is that a way to ask someone out in English because I don't understand-"

Hyeyeon looked at Haechan in disbelief. "Just- how stupid can you be sometimes-"

"Hey! I'm not stupid! English is just not my cup of tea." The boy defended himself.

Hyeyeon only rolled her eyes, "Sure.", and went back to her book. Her friend could be such an idiot sometimes.

 

 

 

 

 Would you be my boyfriend?

Jihyo didn't know whether she should be crying or laughing. It was so nerve-wrecking until the last word came to view and all of her expectations were thorn off. She looked at Haechan in silence, not sure of how should she answer him. It was really sweet of him to try asking her out in English since she knew he wasn't all that good with Engli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter