009

Of Soft Sunlight and Cool Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 Winter break was near and Jihyo was relieved to finally have some times to push the pressure her school put her in off her shoulders. A few days to go before she could breathe freely again. Everything got really packed lately, rushed classes and tests needed to be done before winter break came. The young girl tried her best to keep everything in check, from her notes to her health. She didn't want to be left behind the lesson anymore. After the weeks she spent in the hospital, she had to copy countless pages of notes from Chenle and study her off before she could finally catch up with the lessons at school.

 "You know what, Jiji-ah?" Chenle started excitedly that noon on their way to the biology lab. Jihyo hummed in answer as she rechecked her books in her arms, making sure she brought everything needed to the laboratory. "I can just come over to your house this winter break if you can't go out." He snapped his fingers and looked at Jihyo expectantly as if he just said the most brilliant thing on earth.

 The shorter girl finally turned her head to look at her friend after she was done counting her books. Chenle blinked his sparkling eyes, almost seeming like he was trying to make Jihyo agree on his idea. In which that might not be 100% a lie.

 "I don't know, Chenle-ya.. what will we do then? There's nothing fun to do in my house." Jihyo answered with a shrug.

 "Awhh come on Jiji-aah~" He was practically whining and pouting and if Jihyo felt a bit weird with her new nickname, she would feel irked by this moment. Luckily Chenle was too cute to get annoyed at. I mean, just look at this boy...

 "I'll bring more cookies!" 

 "Now we're talking. When will you come over?" Jihyo said while busying herself with rechecking her books for the nth times that time, trying to look nonchalant while Chenle was already grinning from ear to ear next to her.

 

 

 "So, winter project, y'all." Haechan grinned after he put down some paper on the desk. He looked around at the curious club members. "Who's up for it? I'm not forcing anyone to join since it's just for fun and our projects are done already."

 "Say no more!" Jaemin rose his hand first with a similar grin on his face. Truth to be told, with Jaemin's presence or not they would still do their job just fine because Jaemin always got distracted with everything else. Boy just wanted to have fun. But since he was a lot of fun to be with, no one complained and everyone liked to keep him by their sides.

 "Okay so Jaemin, who else?" Haechan took the closest pencil he could reach on the table -which turned out to be Renjun's- and wrote down the names on a piece of paper. He could have written it on his phone's note but he was too lazy to unlock his phone. He got the craziest lock pattern in the whole school. Jaemin said it "looks like a ruined spider web, Chan-ah".

Renjun turned to the 3 girls who were always by his side, asking if they would join the project and all of them nodded except for Jihyo.

 "Why? Do you have plans already?" Lua asked curiously. The youngest girl only smiled sheepishly and shook her head. She could freeze herself to death if she insisted on coming because she was cold intolerant. And as most of the reactions Jihyo had seen, the other 3 gaped at the new information.

 "Is that even possible?" Hyeyeon frowned. Jihyo only laughed and nodded her head.

 "Yes, it is possible." Lua pouted at Jihyo, regretting that Jihyo wouldn't come with them to do the project during this winter break. She actually could already imagine how fun it would be with Jihyo but the newly revealed information clearly said that Jihyo wouldn't be able to join them. "Um, I can join when it's not too cold." Jihyo said, trying to lift up the others' mood.

 "Ayy~ it's okay, you don't have to force yourself." Renjun ensured with a warm smile and Jihyo could only nod at that. The boy grinned then turned to the club leader who was busy counting the names he just listed down on the paper. The now auburn haired leader looked up from the paper and ran his sight around the room before he spotted Renjun.

 "Ah, yeah, Renjunnie? You're joining us right?" Haechan's face lit up when Renjun nodded. "Awesome! All 4 of you?" He asked, looking at each girls beside the other. His eyes lingered longer than necessary on the youngest girl and he flashed her a wider smile before he looked back at Renjun hopefully. Needless to say, Haechan's disappointment couldn't be hidden when Renjun said that Jihyo wouldn't come along. But he quickly covered it up, "ahh, Jihyo won't join us? That's such a shame but it's okay! You can join us next time." He said with a smile. He recalled Jihyo informing him that she was cold intolerant and he immediately understood.

 Jihyo only smiled apologetically and nodded at him. She would definitely join next time because doing a project with them was a lot of fun. Mostly because Jihyo finally had a new hobby after letting go of dancing. Or maybe because the others made it feel super enjoyable for her. Either way she was grateful to have joined this club.

 A few minutes later Jaemin announced loudly that they would order jjajangmyeon and everyone immediately gathered their money while he ordered it excitedly. He claimed that today should be special because it would be their last gathering before winter break. No one said anything against that, most of them agreeing on what he said. 

 Jihyo was stuffing her hand in her bag to take her money and hand it to Yoojung who was gathering the money from the kids when the older girl stopped her and said, "You don't need to pay, Jihyo-ya. You're already covered." With a wink after. Yoojung was one of the eldest members here along with Lee Chan their ex leader and Jihyo never really talked to either. She could only blink while watching Yoojung's jumpy steps to the other side of the room, dumbfounded. Who would pay for her?

 She looked at her 3 closest friends there and thought that maybe one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter