008 (Haechan B'day Special)

Of Soft Sunlight and Cool Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 "Haechan sunbaenim!"

 Never once in her life did Jihyo think she would call her senior's name out loud in the middle of a crowded corridor. She didn't know what made it necessary for the senior to walk through the 2nd floor when there were only 1st grade classes along this corridor but once she saw from the opened windows of her class his figure walking calmly while joking around with his friends in front of her class, she immediately reached for her bag and struggled to find her USB. When she looked up, Haechan and his friends were already walking pass her class and she hoped she wasn't too late to reach him when she quickly stormed outside.

 Haechan's back was already walking away but since Jihyo was already out of the class, it would be weird for her to just come back inside leaving her classmates wondering what kind of weird stuff she was on. Jihyo tried to chase him and his friends but even though she slipped easily between the crowds, the seniors' steps were much more longer with their obviously taller bodies. And that was how she ended up calling him without thinking, out of annoyance. 

 Almost everyone stopped to look at her but then minded their own business when they saw her because she wasn't even popular it wasn't worth to look at. Haechan looked around to find her though, and Jihyo waved her USB in the air for Haechan to find her. She was practically drowned in the crowd of students. Haechan chuckled once he noticed her, quickly telling his friends to go ahead because he had something to handle about his club.

 "Ohhh~ a club matter huh?" His friend nudged his side teasingly as he eyed Jihyo's nearing figure but Haechan only smacked his head and told them all to "go ahead, please. I would like to handle this serious matter by myself because it is very internal for our club." He said through gritted teeth. His friends laughed and a bit more before finally running away after Haechan threatened them that he wouldn't help them with their art homeworks if they stayed.

 When Haechan turned around, he was faced with a smiling Jihyo. He felt breathless. "Hey." Came out a breathy greeting from him. 

 "Uh, sorry to disturb your time but I need to turn in my photography results... I didn't get to send it to you before because I was sick, I'm sorry." Jihyo explained, handing the older boy her USB. 

 "Oh? That's fine. Actually, submitting your photography results isn't a must if you want to keep it to yourself." Haechan said, holding the USB in his hand.

 "Ah.." Jihyo nodded but didn't make any move to take back her USB. "Well, I kind of want to get some.. feedback for my first time." She said when Haechan looked like he was waiting for Jihyo to take back her USB. 

 A smile bloomed on Haechan's face and he swiftly put the USB in his pocket, making sure it was safe before he looked at his wristwatch. He frowned when he noticed that the break would be over in a few minutes so he had to go back to his class or else he would be late. Not that he minded to be honest but he had to maintain his image in front of his junior. He was fighting himself in his thought when Jihyo spoke up as if she could read his mind

 "I think class will start soon, sunbaenim. Do you need to go now?" She asked, looking up at Haechan. The latter rubbed his nape and nodded slowly. "Well then-"

 "Are you free this weekend?"

 ". . . ."

 ". . . ."

 ". . . Neh?"

 To say that Jihyo's system wasn't working well to make her answer his question was understable because that was a lot to take in. She could literally feel her ears turning red and she was incredibly embarrassed that she couldn't let out any words. Haechan might just needed her to do something for the club and that was all, Jihyo tried to tell herself.

 "Uhm,.." Haechan looked around nervously, trying to look nonchalant as he searched for a reason to back his words up. He mentally slapped himself for the sudden question. He could die from embarrassment right then and there but no, Haechan looked at Jihyo again with a sweet smile and said, "You said you want a feedback for your photography results, we can discuss it then." Good one, Haechan-ah.. good one! You're so smart. Haechan wanted to pat himself on his shouldler because of the quick thinking.

 Jihyo's lips parted in a small "Ahh..." and she got more embarrassed at that. She had mistaken his question as something else-something more- and she wanted to bury herself alive because she must have looked funny before. Haechan on the other hand, of course noticed the pink tips of the girl's ears and he wanted to coo at how cute she looked all shy and nervous but he held himself back. He wouldn't risk another stupid movement.

 "Just message me on KaTalk later, okay?" Haechan got back his composure and was decent enough to stop himself from ruffling Jihyo's hair and settled on waving her a 'see you later' before he turned to go back to his class. He probably would miss his class by a few minutes since the bell would ring in a few seconds and he was still at the other side of the school building. But he thought that it was worth it because the image of small Jihyo getting all surprised and shy when he asked if she was free this weekend was stuck to his head like a magnet and he couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear.

 His phone vibrated in his pocket a few seconds after the bell rang, his steps slowing to a stop as he fished out his phone and unlocked his phone only to see a new message from no other than Jung Jihyo on his KakaoTalk. His heart thumped so loud that he could feel it against his chest as he opened the message.

JihyoJung : I'm free on Saturday after 10, sunbaenim.

 Haechan's smile never flattered as he typed down his reply, constantly deleting his sentence and making another one when it was too weird.

Haechan : Okay, Neo Cafe at 11am. Cool?

 He was nervous as he waited for the answer. When his phone buzzed again, he immediately opened the message in excitement and nervousness.

JihyoJung : Sure :>

 Haechan would have screamed and jumped right away but he prevented himself to do so on the last minute because he caught a teacher's glare on him. Guess who forgot class already started and was still standing like a fool in the middle of the stairway with a phone in hand and a grin that never left his face like a creep. Haechan did. And he didn't regret it at all.

 

 

 

 "Where are you going?" Jihyo stopped her track in the middle of the living room, all ready to go out in her jeans and hoodie. Jaehyun stood at the end of the room leading to the kitchen eyeing her with a pair of suspicious eyes. He had an apron wrapped around him and his fringe was tied up on top of his head.

 "Oh? Did I forget to tell you? I'm going to a meeting with my team." Jihyo answered, lifting the camera hung from around her neck to show it to her brother.

 "Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter