013 - My Girlfriend

Of Soft Sunlight and Cool Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It was one cold morning when Jihyo got into the bus she usually took and sat on an empty seat. It wasn't actually that cold but it still felt colder than Jihyo's comfort zone. The girl stuffed her hands deeper into her jacket pocket. Spring was coming and Jihyo was glad that she could finally breathe in relief. No more cold weather to deal with, at least. Chenle was already budging her with his plan for the one week spring break since Jihyo finally could go out during the break unlike the winter break. Jihyo didn't promise anything to her friend, though.

 "Hey" It took Jihyo a bit long to realize that the bus had came to a stop somehow and more students came in flooding the bus. And this one student that stopped to stand next to her single seat just greeted her out of nowhere.

 ". . . hey?" Jihyo bowed a bit and looked at the unfamiliar girl in confusion. She was sure she didn't have any girl friends in her school other than Hyejin and the Cinematography club members. The girl was wearing the same uniform as hers and Jihyo had to turn her brain to think if she forgot anyone she had known from her school. That wouldn't be a good thing if she really did. But the standing girl only grinned sweetly and extended her hand for a handshake.

 "I'm Kyulkyung" The girl, Kyulkyung said. "You must be confused, hahah I'm sorry I'm just not used on being alone. I need someone to talk to."

 Jihyo hesitated for a second before she took the other's hand and introduced herself as well. She tried not to seem rude by ignoring Kyulkyung.

 "Oh?" Kyulkyung looked a bit surprised when she heard Jihyo's name. "So, are you by any chance the Jung Jihyo from the Cinematography club?" Jihyo frowned at that. How would someone know that she was a part of the club? Kyulkyung seemed to see her confused face because she explained right away. "Well, you and your photography was featured on their Instagram channel as their new member, so..." Jihyo frowned even more at that. She never checked Instagram for a long time and she didn't even know their club had an Instagram channel. She made a note to ask the others that later.

 "Ah.. I didn't know.." Jihyo grinned awkwardly and tried to turn her head to look outside so the standing girl wouldn't try to include her in a conversation again. But that didn't seem to work.

 "Then you should call me Kyung Unnie. I'm on my final year." Kyulkyung said with a smile and a small pat on Jihyo's shoulder. That forced Jihyo to turn back to the tall girl and nod.

 Kyulkyung was dead gorgeous, if Jihyo might say. She had beautiful facial features and her body proportion was no joke. Her short skirt emphasized her long legs and as long as Jihyo remembered, their school uniform never looked so good on someone as it did on Kyulkyung. Her hair was styled effortlessly, her make up was barely noticeable but she still looked dazzling. No doubt, she must be really popular. Even her bag and shoes were branded ones. She looked really high class and Jihyo wouldn't even think of trying to approach her first even if she was asked to. She couldn't put a finger on what to feel at that moment. Should she be happy? She didn't feel all that happy, though.

 "Let's go, Jihyo-ya." Kyulkyung called casually as the bus stopped in their destination. It felt weird hearing a stranger call her ever so casually, but Jihyo couldn't bring herself to protest. They went off the bus and walked side by side to the gate. Jihyo felt small next to the senior girl. She was obviously taller than her with her model proportion body. She could feel stares from the other students as she walked further inside the school.

Okay. She really is famous, then.

 They eventually had to part ways. Not before exchanging Kakao IDs by Kyulkyung's insistence. Jihyo sighed and lowered her head even more as she walked off to her class. The stares were making her uncomfortable. She didn't like the attention. 

 "Jiji-ah!" It was Chenle greeting her as soon as she entered the class. And for the first time this morning, Jihyo smiled sincerely. At least she could forget about the sudden event today in the bus. "There's this one really hard question that I can't answer." Chenle turned his book to face Jihyo and she laughed at that. Of course he wanted to ask her a favor. Jihyo put down her bag and sat on her seat before turning to face the expectant boy and started to explain the problem.

 

 

 Haechan chewed on his first sandwich this morning as he sit on one of the seats in the school canteen. There weren't many students there since it was still early and no one really went to canteen before classes, except for a hungry Haechan who forgot to eat his breakfast before taking the bus this morning. He was alone but he couldn't risk his health for skipping breakfast. His brother would really scold him for missing his breakfast, too. Living far from their parents and staying with their grandmother in Seoul, his older brother, Taeyong took it upon himself to make sure no one gets sick. And as much as Haechan love to disobey his brother's words, he wouldn't like to get sick and worry their parents who lived in Jeju. So he stuffed the rest of the sandwich to his mouth and munched quickly. He looked at the time and noticed that he still had some times before class started. That was when his phone suddenly buzzed in his pocket.

 "Huh?" Haechan never really gotten any messages from anyone and if it was his brother sending him a 3 paragraphs long speech about him forgetting to eat his breakfast then he sure wouldn't want to read it now. But he was proven wrong when no 'TyongHyung' was shown on his notification bar. His eyes widened by the familiar username who just sent him a message. He automatically straightened his position and rubbed his eyes. Maybe I'm still dreaming?? But no. It was real.

JihyoJung : Sunbaenim, I want to know if our club actually have Insta acc?

 Haechan let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. It wouldn't be healthy of him to be all angsty so early in the morning if Jihyo sent him a serious message regarding their last encounter.

Haechan : Yeah! You didn't know it?? Just check @NeoCT127 on Insta

JihyoJung : Whoops, didn't know it. You never told me either so

Haechan : You didn't ask ???

JihyoJung : I'm not the one who needs to get followed hmmm

Haechan : Fine, fine. What's your @ anyway?

 Haechan held his breath as he sent the message. Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseple-

JihyoJung : I don't really use them but it's @jungjihyo____

 Haechan was glad she let him know her Instagram. He immediately went to Instagram and followed her account, noticing how rarely the gil posted on her account. The posts were mostly a picture of the sky with no caption. The following and followers were less than 100 people too, and even though the account wasn't locked as private account, Haechan knew only a few people knew her account.

Haechan : I followed you. You have a really nice feed

JihyoJung : Thanks. I never promised to follow you back though ^^

 This little . Haechan scoffed at the message

Haechan : Well then you're missing out a lot, Jung Jihyo-ssi

 Haechan chuckled as he read the message again. It was good to know that Jihyo wasn't really tense

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter