001

Of Soft Sunlight and Cool Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

February 2019

The first thing Jihyo did after she opened her eyes was to let out a long-drawn groan as she rolled to the other side of the bed. The sun wasn't even up yet and her room was in a complete darkness but the alarm ringing from her phone forced her out of her slumber.

The red shining lines of her digital clock screamed 05:30am from the nightstand placed beside her bed. Her hand blindly reached for her ringing phone beside the clock and turned off her alarm. She let out a sigh and relaxed back into her comfortable bed and messed up blankets.

Jung Jihyo closed back her eyes and listened to the quiet sound of the room. Her house was a bit far from the main roadway so it was understandable that there weren't many noise around this time. She was already falling back to sleep when she heard her door being knocked despite it not being closed at all.

"Jungji-ah~" called a gentle voice from the doorway of her room. The voice was deep and a bit raspy from sleep yet still coming out soft and calming. The guy chuckled when Jihyo only grunted in response at the mention of her nickname.

He decided to step in the room and gently patted the girl's shoulder, trying to wake her up from her half-asleep state. He ended up getting a light slap on his bicep and a growl following right after.

"I heard your alarm from across the house and already awake but why aren't you?" The guy, known as Jung Jaehyun laughed lightly at his sister's antics. He was already used to it since they spent almost all their life in the same house together. Her sister wasn't the sweetest girl ever nor was she the most diligent girl ever but he knew that if she set an alarm far before her usual waking up time she must have something important to do on the day ahead.

"C'mon, wake up and do whatever you need to do today, you've wasted almost 10 minutes now" Jaehyun continued and pinched Jihyo's nose lightly, earning a scrunched up face in return. "Oh! Don't you need to go register to college today?" And Jihyo's eyes snapped open. She turned quickly to her brother and blinked as if trying to process the information she just received.

"Ahh.. So annoying" Jihyo whined but she sat up nonetheless, sleep still clouding her whole body. Jaehyun helped her up and ruffled her hair in amusement only to get a fist threatening to hit him afterward. But he knew his sister actually didn't mind so he just grinned and left her to prepare for the day.

Jihyo reached out for her phone and saw a message popped out on her notification bar. She smiled right away after opening the message and her state escalated from sleepy to wide awake in a few seconds. She kicked her blankets off her body, jumped out of her bed and went straight to the bathroom, leaving her bed messed up and her phone thrown just anywhere between the blankets. That could be fixed later. Or not.

From : - Chenle

I'll wait for you in the bus stop on 7! Don't be late or I'll finish your chocolate by myself! Hehehehe

3 years ago

It was Jihyo's first day at school and it was obvious that she was nervous to her bones. She had been living her past few years Homeschooled as she went back and forth from her house to the hospital. She almost forgot how it felt like to socialize with a lot of people so she got scared.

Her brother squeezed her hand and gave her a reassuring smile before motioning her to go inside the building. Today Jaehyun insisted on sending his one and only sister off to school since he was a bit worried. He could feel how cold and sweaty Jihyo's hands were but he kept encouraging her to go. So Jihyo nodded and flashed him a small smile before letting go of his hand and slowly walked her way inside the big school building.

Jaehyun noticed how his sister tried her best to look brave and confident in front of him but he knew her better. He appreciated her effort and pretended to not notice how anxious Jihyo felt inside. Instead he waved at her cheerfully and smiled ever so widely. He watched until Jihyo was out of his sight, ignoring some eyes on him and people whispering about him.

He sighed and hoped the best for his sister before he got inside his car and drove off to his campus. Jihyo wasn't the strongest girl ever when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter