09 Regrets

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Friday used to be Yiseol’s ‘escape day’ five years ago.

Now, it was Jinyoung’s habit to come over to the florist every Friday.

This day, unfortunately for Jinyoung, he couldn’t meet her as Yiseol just left before he was there.

“Hi, Mr Park,” Seulgi greeted him while carrying a big pot into the shop

Jinyoung greeted her and entered the shop.

Irene and other staff weren’t surprised to see the man like the first time he was here.

Jinyoung always came in the evening when they were about to close.

He would be here to chat with Irene, mostly on the topic of Yiseol. Irene would tell him about the lady’s condition, with the exception of the little boy, or the side of Yiseol he hadn’t seen before. The more he listened about her, the more he regretted to let her go. He held the urge to find her since he had promised not to look for her.

Sometimes, he would just sit in the shop, had a cup of tea and looked around. As if he looked at the shop, he would see her shadows around. The decoration was maintained well and reminded him about her style. He could imagine his wife’s silhouette wandering around the florist to decorate the shop.

“Thank you, Irene,” as usual, Irene handed him a cup of tea. He had come here too often and being friends with Irene now, they had dropped their formalities. They had been knowing each other well in the past five years.

He went to his usual seat and waited for the others to get off from work.

“Speak it out, Jinyoung,” Irene said after Seulgi and Yeri left, she knew exactly what the man wanted to say. He had written all his feelings on his face and she had met Yiseol before he was here, so she could connect his thoughts and conclude what had happened.

Of course, Irene wasn’t going to tell him about that.

Taking a deep breath, Jinyoung started his story about how he met Yiseol on that day.

“I don’t know why she would act like this after five years,” he commented, “She is totally different now.”

Irene smiled after he finished his story. Taking a sip of her drink, she wasn’t going to comment more on the lady.

Most of the time, the onlooker sees more of the game. Jinyoung, as the person involved in the matter, had lost his overview and baffled.

If he took a step back and overlooked the whole situation, he would realise how much he cared about Yiseol. His affection for the lady had never lessened over the years. Otherwise, it grew more than he thought.

Irene wouldn’t want to tell him about his feeling. In fact, he needed to find it out himself. He would deny and not believe in Irene’s word if she told him straight away.

“And Jaebeom that bastard told me she was cute and trying to get me to introduce her to him,” Jinyoung continued after Irene’s silence. The word he used had startled Irene and made her coughed. He had never behaved such indecent in front of her since he was always like a gentleman in the public.

She calmed herself down before trying to give advises to the man.

“Well,” Irene read the man in front of her, “Do you think she is cute?”

Taken aback by her question, Jinyoung started to think.

Although he had not seen her for five years, her physical appearance had occupied in his mind every day. She had a fair complexion and waist-long hair. She was rather taller than most female he knew, but he still thought that she was short standing beside him.

Nevertheless, he could not forget about her beautiful and warming smile, like a daze of sunlight beamed through gloomy autumn days.

As he thought about her sleeping habit, she usually squeezed herself at one corner of the bed and not facing him. He didn’t know how she managed to sleep without falling out of the bed so he would pull her into his embrace. Holding around her waist, he could tell that she had the perfect body shape, totally satisfied by the touch of her soft skin and a slim waistline.

Despite her petite figure, only he knew that she had a pair of perky s. This should not be shared to anyone else which it was a secret that only being her husband would know how good it was to touch her.

“She is cute,” Jinyoung couldn’t help but admitted it to the lady. His heart was pounding and his ears had become red when he said that.

“What wrong is it for your friend to like her then?” Irene asked.

“But… But she is my wife. We have not divorced yet,” he retorted vaguely.

“They didn’t know that you are married.”

Irene’s word was always sharp and to the point, although her tone was flat and dull. She knew exactly what irritated Jinyoung the most and deliberately told him the facts which would break his dignity and esteem.

It was true that no one knew about their marriage other than some close family members and friends.

He was close with Jaebeom but he was out of the country when they were married.

Yet, Jinyoung should have raised his courage and told Jaebeom the truth when he knew the latter had interested in his wife. He had regretted being such a coward and only dared to be mad at his friends in his mind.

Other than that, he had enough of his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter