02 "Daddy!"

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Dinner is ready!” Minkyung smiled and placed another bowl of mushroom soup in front of him as he nodded. She then smiled off and ridiculed herself, “I am sorry Jinyoung, about your injury. You know I would like to thank you better, but as you can see, I still can’t cook any better.” She showed her defined smile. The long dress she was wearing makes her dreamier than she already was. “Please don’t compare my instant pasta cooking with Mrs Park’s specialised home-cook food.”

“I had known you for years and I know how bad your cooking can be,” Jinyoung laughed as he twirled his pasta up. “Well, it’s better than last time. At least you remember to put in salt instead of sugar.”

“I would take that as my praise.” She rolled her eyes and looked at her son who hardly spooned his pasta up. “Doyoung-ah, Uncle Jinyoung bully me, can you punish him for me?”

Doyoung blinked his eyes and continued eating his pasta, “Daddy saved Doyoung’s life. Daddy is my hero.”

Jinyoung was surprised while Minkyung looked at him awkwardly, “Doyoung-ah, Uncle Jinyoung is not your daddy. What if Aunty Park heard about this? She might be mad.”

Doyoung looked at his mum innocently.

After a few moments of silence, Jinyoung scooped some salad into his plate, “Yiseol is an understanding woman.”

“Lucky for you,” Minkyung looked at him with a trace of sadness but then put on a smile, “are you sure about it?”

“If Doyoung called you ‘daddy’ out there, are you sure about it?” She asked curiously, “Don’t forget that you, Mr Park Jinyoung, is the centre of the media. You know, these people just want to dig people’s secret and they can write whatever they like…”

He stopped eating and looked at her. “I don’t care how people looked at me.”

“Well, they could write something like you have some illegitimate relationship out there. You know, people like this kind of news from you, Mr Famous.” Minkyung continued.

“I really don’t care.” Jinyoung turned to the little boy beside him, his glare turned softer while he grabbed a napkin and wiped off the sauce along Doyoung’s lips. “He is your son, and we are friends. I should take care of you two, don’t I?”

Jinyoung loves kids. And that’s the only wish he wanted between Yiseol and him after 3 years of marriage. He always wanted a kid. Maybe a daughter who looks like Yiseol would be really nice.

The thought of Yiseol came into his mind. He just realised she was alone at home while he was having dinner with his accompanies.

What if they have their own kids, would she not be that lonely anymore? She could gain someone's accompanied when he was working. And his mother would never talk to her in that way anymore. He overheard their conversation in the hospital.

Upon his own thought, Minkyung shoved her hands in front of him. “Park Jinyoung? Yah! The pasta is all cold! Just tell me if that’s really hard to eat!”

Jinyoung came back from his thought and looked at the pasta in front, “To be honest, I know a restaurant which makes really good pasta-”

“Shut up and eat.” Minkyung looked at him unbelievably.

Jinyoung laughed and ate another spoonful of pasta.

-----

12 am that night, Yiseol still couldn’t fell asleep. She was stopping herself from looking at her phone. “Just go to sleep, Jung Yiseol. Stop imagining things.” She talked softly to herself. “It’s not the first time he wasn’t sleeping beside you.”

She didn’t know why she couldn’t sleep as the fact that Jinyoung wasn’t back yet hit her hard. What is he doing right now? What are they doing right now? The thought of it was killing her now. She couldn’t help but her tears were flowing along her cheeks and damped the pillow underneath.

A low squeak from the door indicated that someone coming to her in the dark. She knew exactly who he was as she smelled the cologne he always used. That smell which kept her heart beating nervously since 3 years ago when she first saw him.

I can’t let him know that I am waiting for him. I can’t let him feel pressured. I should believe in him. I should sleep. Yiseol pretended that she was asleep and trying to hear any sound that came from him, but her heart still pounding like it could stop working on the next minute. She only relaxed the moment she heard he entered the bathroom and water falling. She could imagine the water beating on his work-out body.

She heard the water stopped and the other side of the bed sunk. His body had dominated more than half of the bed while Yiseol was squeezing herself on a tiny corner where she was nearly fallen out of the bed. However, he would know it and tug her into his embrace.

Must be just his instinct. She warned herself there’s only her one-sided love between Jinyoung and her. She could love him with her all will but she would still remember how far away their status was.

Jinyoung continuously snuggled himself on her crook and placed a kiss behind her ears. She can’t get her mind straight anymore. Her body moved along and she can’t pretend.

“Jinyoung?” She moaned his name when he continued to kiss along her neck.

“Shhh…” Jinyoung bite on her collarbone and his right hand moved along her body up to her .

“Jinyou-” Her moans immediately turned in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter