04 Realisation

Moon in The River
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three years ago, on a windy autumn day.

Yiseol was the only one in Red Velvet Florist in the afternoon. Irene went back home early on that day since she wasn’t feeling well. Not many people were on the street as well because of the windy weather that no one would want to stroll around the city.

Yiseol had also thought of that and she was about to close the shop an hour earlier than usual. She moved all the plants into the shop and worked on the takings of the day. However, a good-looking guy stood in front of the shop that distracted her attention. He wore a nice black designer suit that fitted him well. His cold eyes were blanking out. The wind was blowing at him as he stood there, looking desolate. She thought he was here to buy flowers last minute because of her sudden thought of closing the shop earlier than usual.

“Hi Sir, would you like to get some flower? We haven’t closed yet, so is there anything I can help you with?” Yiseol showed her beautiful smile and trying to be helpful for him.

Feeling like seeing the first sunshine of the day, Jinyoung followed her into the flower shop.

As he entered the shop, he instantly felt the warmth, no more windy weather that almost blew him away. The shop was decorated in a vintage style that made him feel like he was in the countryside of Europe. He could see the efforts of the owner.

Her captivating smile warmed his heart, just like spring had just come.

Yiseol looked at the man who just stared at her. She walked to the back of the shop and served him a cup of hot tea, “Here, have some tea. Sorry, I didn’t see you earlier, or you don’t have to stand in the wind for a long time.”

Jinyoung took the cup from her but his gaze never left her. A few minutes later, he finally took a sip of the tea.

Yiseol wasn’t a patient person back in the days, especially someone just stared at her and said nothing. However, she still kept her manners to her customers and asked the man, “How can I help you, sir?”

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Yiseol was startled by his sudden question.

“N-no,” she didn’t know why but she stuttered at such simple question. It wasn’t the first time she was asked this question but it was definitely the first time when an outstanding man like him asked her.

“Can you get married to me?”

Yiseol looked into his eyes trying to see any part of him was lying but he looked sincere. She wanted to ask what was wrong with him but later she only knew that she said yes to the man.

She might have already been obsessed with him at her first sight. That only could explain why she agreed to marry the man who she didn’t know his name until the next day. She thought it might be just a joke that night when she went home; his personal assistant, Mark, showed up with bags of gifts in the flower shop the day after had proved that he was being serious to her. And then only she knew the man she was going to marry was the heir to Park’s Group, Park Jinyoung.

She even searched her fiancé on the internet and only realised how capable he was – he appeared on several entrepreneur magazines, nominated as the 7 best young entrepreneurs and voted as the 3 gold bachelors in Seoul. What had she done to secure the position as his fiancée?

They had their wedding ceremony not long after, just like he had already planned everything beforehand and she didn’t have to worry at all.

When they first married, she kept thinking about the reason he would propose to her as they only met. Later only she knew that the day was the day his girlfriend, Kim Minkyung, flew to the UK and married to the heir of some other business group.

She only knew the wedding was prepared for Minkyung instead of her. His to-be bride ran away and she took the lady’s place.

She scoffed at the lady who ran away from Jinyoung and their so-called ‘love story’ at that time. She could imagine an absurd love story of the heirs that only appeared in drama happened between the couple.

Yiseol tried her best to be the best wife. She was still a university student when they married. Other than study, most of her time had spent on taking care of Jinyoung that she didn’t even have time for the flower shop. His father didn’t mind that his daughter-in-law wasn’t someone from some large business group and he only held a neutral relationship with her. However, Jinyoung’s mother didn’t like her from the beginning. She thought that the young lady was not brought up in the upper society and would be a great disgrace of their family and business.

Yiseol wouldn’t want her newly married husband to be mad at her so she held back her temper and be the modest wife and daughter-in-law for his family.

Living together with Jinyoung for nearly three years, Yiseol had grown up to an all-round housewife, taking care of his needs. She needed to learn more in order to deserve him. Of course, living with such a charming man, Yiseol developed affections to Jinyoung. It just a sad story to say that Jinyoung might not think the sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter